Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh look, another comment about us piping in noise./Pagano on the noise piping allegations (merge)

Ja'Crispy

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's joking.

Hope so, cause they need to pump in the noise in the LOS. Well it has gotten a lot better. First few years it was pretty quiet compared to the Dome.

When LOS first opened I thought it was yuppy ville usa. Lower level anyways. Not wanting to stand, gold clapping pretty much lol.

IMO the crowds at LOS aren't very loud at all.

I posted a thread last year asking why.

It's mostly the crowd's fault I think.

There are a lot of people sitting down making no noise even on 3rd downs.

Although if it were an outdoor stadium it would be less comfy and people would probably be more rambunctious.

I think it depends on the game... Colts fans CAN get really loud..

Playoffs... People stand up and are very loud most of the game!

Monday Night Football, wasn't as much standing up but for sure a lot of noise!!!!

Just a regular game... Not sure. Also depends on how good/close the game is.

I think the design of the building has something to do with noise inside. It is a huge place so in turn the fans have to be real loud there to get much notice. Comparing LOS to the RCA dome is not realistic. LOS seats over 5,000 more than the dome and can go up to 70,000 if needed. The dome seated just over 56,000. The smallest in the NFL. LOS has 1.8 million square feet while the RCA dome had 92,000 square feet. So as you can tell it take a lot more crowd noise to make a difference.

When LOS first opened I thought it was yuppy ville usa. Lower level anyways. Not wanting to stand, gold clapping pretty much lol.

I agree with this, especially with regards to the lower section. The upper sections not so much. I went to the Saints preseason game this year, at halftime we acquired much better seats from a friends parents who were at the game. It was a group of 4. Whenever we got loud people were just looking at us like we were crazy. It was around an older crowd and a group of kids also, none the less it was highly annoying to get looked at whenever you cheered. Everyone else was just golf-clapping...

I agree with this, especially with regards to the lower section. The upper sections not so much. I went to the Saints preseason game this year, at halftime we acquired much better seats from a friends parents who were at the game. It was a group of 4. Whenever we got loud people were just looking at us like we were crazy. It was around an older crowd and a group of kids also, none the less it was highly annoying to get looked at whenever you cheered. Everyone else was just golf-clapping...

Last time I went there was a very drunk woman behind me that talked nonsense the whole game.  All kinds in the stadium

On a side not, I realize this was just a joke but how in the world do you 'pipe in' noise. Is there a spigot that we turn off and on?

Yeah they were giving me the stink eye also. I know I know I'm bad, I'm like a solar panel. When I know I got under your skin I just lay it on lol. But hey, I'm at the game and it's my god given duty to support my team very loud. Was pretty funny

On a side not, I realize this was just a joke but how in the world do you 'pipe in' noise. Is there a spigot that we turn off and on?

I assume this is a serious question, you place microphones around the field facing towards the crowd and then play that through the speakers.  And the issue was never if the Colts piped in crowd noise... they did that and a lot stadiums do, they just are not allowed to do it when the game clock is running or during the play.

I will say this, I was at the KC at Indy playoff game this past year (my first game at LOS), and I would imagine that is probably as loud as the stadium got during the year.  And it was nowhere near as load as the old Hoosier dome used to get.  

I think the design of the building has something to do with noise inside. It is a huge place so in turn the fans have to be real loud there to get much notice. Comparing LOS to the RCA dome is not realistic. LOS seats over 5,000 more than the dome and can go up to 70,000 if needed. The dome seated just over 56,000. The smallest in the NFL. LOS has 1.8 million square feet while the RCA dome had 92,000 square feet. So as you can tell it take a lot more crowd noise to make a difference.

This.

Lots of open spaces in the new stadium. Even beyond the square footage, the cubic area from the field to the roof. .. There's just no comparing to the tiny Hoosier Dome. When that place was loud it was like sitting in a truck filled with subwoofers, you could feel the air vibrating.

Definitely not RCA dome loud, but it can get pretty loud at times, KC game last year it was roaring, as well as the infamous Pats AFC championship game, both games I was lucky enough to attend!!!

The pats game was in the RCA Dome. I was working crowd control and we were told not to open the doors because of the roof alarms going off due to the noise vibrations.

Hope so, cause they need to pump in the noise in the LOS. Well it has gotten a lot better. First few years it was pretty quiet compared to the Dome.

I couldn't agree more, I've been to 2 games there and it was like a mausoleum. Every time I stood up I had someone ask me to sit down, no one was being loud, it was generally boring, and the tailgaiting is a JOKE. But I've been to a few games at Paul Brown stadium, and that's a blast.

The pats game was in the RCA Dome. I was working crowd control and we were told not to open the doors because of the roof alarms going off due to the noise vibrations.

My bad, got my years mixed up! Meant 2009 game(non AFC Championship). Thanks for catching that. Either way, it was loud as hades in there and the celebration afterword was insane!!!

#Colts’ Chuck Pagano: John Harbaugh’s piped-in crowd noise mention is “an insult to our fans.” Adds, “We’ll see how our 12th man shows up.”

Pagano just repeatedly used the word "insult" when asked about Harbaugh's claim of fake crowd noise at Lucas Oil. Didn't seem amused.

He was obviously joking, but LOS doesn't get nearly as loud as the RCA Dome. RCA Dome was crazy.

I miss the RCA Dome :(

Yeah, none of the new domes match old domes.....Kingdome, Hoosier Dome, Superdome, Metrodome, etc. They look nicer...

I was at the broncos game last year and that was insane loud, didn't matter what down, people were on their feet giving 18 all he could handle, so i think it just depends on the game really, are you going horse for the titian's, probably not, but bring Brady in and people going to loose their voices to make it difficult on him