Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Curtis Painter

AlanNC

I have completely lost all patience with painter.. its not all his fault with the way he plays but my gosh he is bad..

What sealed his fate with me is him not recognizing the man coverage when Garcon went in motion... idk how he could be so blind in not seeing that.

is on this team next year we have no one that understands football. I know why he is playing. The team wants to loose. That is the only reason I am not screaming. Go Curtis GO!!!

Painter should have been benched weeks ago.This is a classic Polian move,he drafted him,so he is not going to admit that was a mistake,,ever.That's how this team is with that antiquated defense they play,yearly horrific special teams,etc.They will not admit failure and change,it has always been like that.

I have completely lost all patience with painter.. its not all his fault with the way he plays but my gosh he is bad..

What sealed his fate with me is him not recognizing the man coverage when Garcon went in motion... idk how he could be so blind in not seeing that.

that 2 point pass was the easiest throw you can make and he still ground it into the turf,lol.He still does not know how to read a defense,and that last INT was vintage Painter not recognizing a covered WR.,I am gonna call HQ this week and tellthem I might be done if they go all the way with Painter and 0-16.

because he s##ks and is a sorry excuse for a QB

Curtis "I should have been a" Painter has been garbage. I know this team is based around 18 but seriously? This has been pathetic. I am new to the forum but am I the only person that laughs at the thought of Luck saving the franchise?

Painter leaves a heck of a lot to be desired, but the defense is brutal and so is the way it is coached. This drop back cover 2 just is NOT cutting it. There needs to be some more playmakers AND a new scheme.

We can win in Jacksonville yes even though we lost to them here, division foes split games all the time.

well if we can run the ball like we did for most of today, in the I with the fullback, and then have the play action option, and curtis makes the throws, then yeh we can, easily. defense would only need a average game if we can successfully run the ball and control the game.

But still keeping hope that we beat the pats and they play poor D and our pass rush comes to life, came back a bit today

We can win in Jacksonville yes even though we lost to them here, division foes split games all the time.

I would agree with you if this were a "typical' year. This is a winless team going against Jacksonville and they are winless for a reason. A split with a division foe, even if it's the Jags, is not a guarantee.

Curtis "I should have been a" Painter has been garbage. I know this team is based around 18 but seriously? This has been pathetic. I am new to the forum but am I the only person that laughs at the thought of Luck saving the franchise?

Painter leaves a heck of a lot to be desired, but the defense is brutal and so is the way it is coached. This drop back cover 2 just is NOT cutting it. There needs to be some more playmakers AND a new scheme.

Our forum membership continues to grow, thanks to the winless season. People have to come somewhere to vent!

He had an "ok" game trying to lead us back, but darn does he suck at decision making and reads...

If he had played like an NFL QB he wouldn't have had to lead us back to try and win. 11 yards passing in the first half. That's is awful in my book. rotfl

Painter should have been benched weeks ago.This is a classic Polian move,he drafted him,so he is not going to admit that was a mistake,,ever.That's how this team is with that antiquated defense they play,yearly horrific special teams,etc.They will not admit failure and change,it has always been like that.

Painter sucks and he shoudl have been benched weeks ago. But I never understand the comment that Polian is so hard headed, he won't admit mistakes. Jerry Hughes in inactive more then active. Donald Brown didn't play at the beginning of the years. Polian invested much more in them, and they didn't play. So is Polian telling Caldwell he has to start Painter?? Seems Caldwell is deciding who is inactive and who is playing. Trust me, I am as frustrated as you. But I have seen Polian picks like Sweet Pea Burns not even last a year and their didn't seem to be pride involved.

Our forum membership continues to grow, thanks to the winless season. People have to come somewhere to vent!

yeh, and so does views of past years footage on youtube with manning playing, it really is amazing, how 1 person, on a team with that many players, can make such a difference.

the sport we have here, rugby, is way different, sure you have playmakers, that sort of run the show, but the guys around can put them in better decisions, although the system of getting players is totaly different and backups are alot better as can select anyone.

It's funny that anyone thought he could / would be good or even ok.....

He was benched for multiple games his Sr year at Purdue and never really looked good in the pre or regular season games he played in.

Sure, he might make a play here or there....but overall if he's your starting QB....you're going to lose.

Painter sucks and he shoudl have been benched weeks ago. But I never understand the comment that Polian is so hard headed, he won't admit mistakes. Jerry Hughes in inactive more then active. Donald Brown didn't play at the beginning of the years. Polian invested much more in them, and they didn't play. So is Polian telling Caldwell he has to start Painter?? Seems Caldwell is deciding who is inactive and who is playing. Trust me, I am as frustrated as you. But I have seen Polian picks like Sweet Pea Burns not even last a year and their didn't seem to be pride involved.

We are back to that crud again...

What do you want him to hold a public press conference and say dear fans of Indianapolis I have made mistakes.

It's not going to happen, what GM in the NFL or any sport has ever admited they made a mistake? It doesn't happen. Not just with Polian with anyone. You know how a team admits they made a mistake? They go get another player at that player's poistion.

Everyone was calling Brown a bust coming into the season so what did the Colts do? They demoted him to third string behind Addai and a rookie back. People weren't even happy with that they were saying Polian wouldn't admit a mistake because he wouldn't cut Brown at the start of the season. Now Addai gets hurt and Carter has fumbling issues and to his credit Brown earns his job back and people are saying Polian wouldn't admit a mistake because Brown wasn't starting at the start of the season.

Polian admitted a mistake in Ugoh which is why he was cut last off-season and why we drafted Castonzo this year. If he wouldn't admit mistakes don't you think they would have still have Ugoh here and don't you think he would have been playing over Charlie Johnson?

If Polian couldn't admit mistakes wouldn't Gonzo be playing over both Garcon and Collie and at least White yet he has behind all of them on the depth chart this year when they are all healthy.

Sorry I am not buying Polian wont admit mistakes arguement just because he doesn't come out and say pubically that he made a mistake when NO GM in sports does that.

Yes Polian has had questionable draft picks but you know what he can't cut them all you still have to field a team and sometimes if you stick with a guy they come around, look at Donald Brown this season. If the Colts gave up on him when a lot of the fans were screaming for them to where would our running game be now?

We are back to that crud again...

What do you want him to hold a public press conference and say dear fans of Indianapolis I have made mistakes.

It's not going to happen, what GM in the NFL or any sport has ever admited they made a mistake? It doesn't happen. Not just with Polian with anyone. You know how a team admits they made a mistake? They go get another player at that player's poistion.

Everyone was calling Brown a bust coming into the season so what did the Colts do? They demoted him to third string behind Addai and a rookie back. People weren't even happy with that they were saying Polian wouldn't admit a mistake because he wouldn't cut Brown at the start of the season. Now Addai gets hurt and Carter has fumbling issues and to his credit Brown earns his job back and people are saying Polian wouldn't admit a mistake because Brown wasn't starting at the start of the season.

Polian admitted a mistake in Ugoh which is why he was cut last off-season and why we drafted Castonzo this year. If he wouldn't admit mistakes don't you think they would have still have Ugoh here and don't you think he would have been playing over Charlie Johnson?

If Polian couldn't admit mistakes wouldn't Gonzo be playing over both Garcon and Collie and at least White yet he has behind all of them on the depth chart this year when they are all healthy.

Sorry I am not buying Polian wont admit mistakes arguement just because he doesn't come out and say pubically that he made a mistake when NO GM in sports does that.

Yes Polian has had questionable draft picks but you know what he can't cut them all you still have to field a team and sometimes if you stick with a guy they come around, look at Donald Brown this season. If the Colts gave up on him when a lot of the fans were screaming for them to where would our running game be now?

I think everyone would be happy if Polian would just shut up and do his job.

I think everyone would be happy if Polian would just shut up and do his job.

Then people would rip him for not facing the music when things went south. When he missed his show earlier this year to go to league meetings and Chris Polian filled in (something that happens every year) people ripped him for it and said he didn't want to face the music.

Then people would rip him for not facing the music when things went south. When he missed his show earlier this year to go to league meetings and Chris Polian filled in (something that happens every year) people ripped him for it and said he didn't want to face the music.

He is not facing the music. All he is doing is saying that things are ok and that we're improving. I'd rather him shut up and do his job rather than call people sewer rats and throw blame elsewhere. I'm not just saying this because we are losing. I have never been a fan of a vocal, spotlight loving GM. Do your job behind the scenes and just shut up already!

does anyone get to go to practices? or see how curtis does during the week, it seems like they always say hes doing so well in practice, then aside from some poor D reads, he still makes bad throws. then doesnt show much emotion, like 'ah well it was worth a shot, but it prob wasnt going to work'

He is not facing the music. All he is doing is saying that things are ok and that we're improving. I'd rather him shut up and do his job rather than call people sewer rats and throw blame elsewhere. I'm not just saying this because we are losing. I have never been a fan of a vocal, spotlight loving GM. Do your job behind the scenes and just shut up already!

The first part is his job, he's not going to come out and say man we stink and we are just no good and we have no shot. You want to talk about away to lose a lockerroom of players taht would be a good way to do it. His radio show is a PR move for the Colts if you don't like it you don't have to that's cool don't listen to it. He's not going to stop doing it. I really doubt his radio show is what is causing our issues. I think it's much more likely not having a guy like Peyton Manning is causing those issues. Keep in mind he's done this radio show for 14 years and we've not gone to the playoffs three of them. I really don't think doing the radio show is keeping him from doing the main part of his job.

The sewer rat commit I would agree was stupid. However, like I said at the time both him and Kravitz have a rather long history of being catty with each other and saying stupid things to get a rise out of the other and most of the time it works on both of them.

does anyone get to go to practices? or see how curtis does during the week, it seems like they always say hes doing so well in practice, then aside from some poor D reads, he still makes bad throws. then doesnt show much emotion, like 'ah well it was worth a shot, but it prob wasnt going to work'

It's a lot different in the actual game.It's akin to the baseball player that puts on a show in BP but can't hit the broadside of a barn in a real game.

It's a lot different in the actual game.It's akin to the baseball player that puts on a show in BP but can't hit the broadside of a barn in a real game.

yeh, and by now, surely if he was being coached right, and getting the right preparation for games, should be more productive on offense by now... i mean the first half was shocking, although i didnt get to see much of it, but midway through the second i was watching and started to run the ball well... but throwing was still not that great

The first part is his job, he's not going to come out and say man we stink and we are just no good and we have no shot. You want to talk about away to lose a lockerroom of players taht would be a good way to do it. His radio show is a PR move for the Colts if you don't like it you don't have to that's cool don't listen to it. He's not going to stop doing it. I really doubt his radio show is what is causing our issues. I think it's much more likely not having a guy like Peyton Manning is causing those issues. Keep in mind he's done this radio show for 14 years and we've not gone to the playoffs three of them. I really don't think doing the radio show is keeping him from doing the main part of his job.

The sewer rat commit I would agree was stupid. However, like I said at the time both him and Kravitz have a rather long history of being catty with each other and saying stupid things to get a rise out of the other and most of the time it works on both of them.

Like I said before, why even say anything at all? I don't expect him to come out and say we stink even though he has done it in the past. Remember when he blamed the O line for losing the Superbowl? I'm sure that really increased morale in the locker room. I'm not saying that the radio show is causing problems but it certainly isn't helping anything. I doubt if it keeps him from doing his job but it is unneccessary and doesn't help anything. He runs his mouth like Rex Ryan and thinks he does not wrong. Why have a radio show when you have the CIA screening calls so he doesn't have to answer the tough questions. Just shut up already, Polian.

Like I said before, why even say anything at all? I don't expect him to come out and say we stink even though he has done it in the past. Remember when he blamed the O line for losing the Superbowl? I'm sure that really increased morale in the locker room. I'm not saying that the radio show is causing problems but it certainly isn't helping anything. I doubt if it keeps him from doing his job but it is unneccessary and doesn't help anything. He runs his mouth like Rex Ryan and thinks he does not wrong. Why have a radio show when you have the CIA screening calls so he doesn't have to answer the tough questions. Just shut up already, Polian.

because people will beat him up for it if he doesn't. Like I said people already went down that road when he missed his show for the league meetings earlier this year this year and Chris did the show even though that happens every year. Like I said if you don't like it just don't listen to it. Best thing you can do .

that 2 point pass was the easiest throw you can make and he still ground it into the turf,lol.He still does not know how to read a defense,and that last INT was vintage Painter not recognizing a covered WR.,I am gonna call HQ this week and tellthem I might be done if they go all the way with Painter and 0-16.

Well 0-16 or 16-0 im still gonna be a colts fan... but they way the colts are playing on offense is just downright disrespectful