Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Practice Squad Moves 9/23

HtownColt

The Indianapolis Colts today signed outside linebacker Trevardo Williams to the practice squad and released defensive end Nnamdi Obukwelu from the practice squad with an injury settlement.

Williams, 6-1, 237 pounds, was originally selected by the Houston Texans in the fourth round (124th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft out of the University of Connecticut. He did not play in any games in 2013 after being placed on Injured Reserve on August 31, 2013. Williams was waived on August 1, 2014 and claimed by the Arizona Cardinals the following day. He was waived by the Cardinals on August 8. At UConn, Williams started 30-of-50 games and recorded 134 tackles (85 solo) and a school career-record 30.5 sacks, which ranked as the sixth-best total in Big East Conference history. He also registered 40.5 tackles for loss, which was the fifth-best career total in school history. As a senior in 2012, Williams was a First Team All-Big East choice after leading the conference with 11.5 sacks to go along with 43 tackles.

T. Williams was like a 11 to 14 sack guy coming out of Connecticut when he was drafted.  I don't think he ever got a fair shot with the Texans, and I feel likewise when he went to the Arizona Cardinals. I'm not sure what the issue has been, but as a poster said above it would be great if we can pull the potential he has out.  This is a good player to explore.  I kept wondering if we would ever pick him up, so it appears Grigs read my mind.

I didn't follow the injuries to that Texans draft class. I just remember a couple of guys were getting stoned on the night before a game and they got cut before game time, if I recall, because the punter was complaining about the smell of smoke in the hallway. Maybe I'm mixing up stories, but if I did, I should submit it Cheech and Chong for a sketch. 

Yeah, but he got hurt. They gave up on their 3rd rounder also, due to several issues, along with a couple other draft picks. They just didn't like their 2013 class, it seems.

Yeah but most teams would give their 4th rounder another chance after coming back from injury.  

Oh well, not our problem, I just found his quick exit from Houston to be odd for this draft status.