Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ravens owner press conf....

John Dee

WoW this is a CYA situation like I have never seen.    EVERY party involved is back stepping and in full mode damage control.    It is funny that such wealthy individuals are so clueless. ....

S Bisciottie .."I expected a 4-6 game suspension I was surprised it was 2"   Really?   Then you do it, why wait until the public pressure is such that you must?    Comical. 

Total denial of ANYONE in the Balt organization receiving the "knock out" vid.     heeheeee

I am convinced if ANY proof that GODell got that vid he will be toast.

Oh Lordy this whole scene is just cluster fudge.... 

Memo to the NFL ...  in the future...    when *s act like *s ...  just do the right thing and fire them. 

It's pretty dang simple...    that is the way it works in "the real world" .. 

But I am sure the machine will move on and all will be well.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Bisciotti is a great stand up owner. He destroyed the ESPN article at the press conference. It's refreshing when an owner or organization makes a mistake , that the buck stops with the owner. Although apologetic, he articulated everything honestly, and well. He actually took extra questions from a hostile press, and presented the facts as he knew them. He backed down from nothing. Here you have an owner who takes responsibility, and answers every question without handlers.

Steve Bisciotti is a great stand up owner. He destroyed the ESPN article at the press conference. It's refreshing when an owner or organization makes a mistake , that the buck stops with the owner. Although apologetic, he articulated everything honestly, and well. He actually took extra questions from a hostile press, and presented the facts as he knew them. He backed down from nothing. Here you have an owner who takes responsibility, and answers every question without handlers.

Stand up owner..     OK... 

Stand up owner.. OK...

Did he answer every question?

He admitted they made mistakes ?

He took extra questions ?

He gave out a point by point rebuttal.

He took 47 questions.

Contrast Bisciotti from other duck and cover owners that talk through lawyers , or don't talk at all. All you here from ESPN is shoddy, unnamed sources. Crap journalism. Reveal your sources ESPN.

Such a stand up guy...     

Lovely...      

Did he answer every question?
He admitted they made mistakes ?
He took extra questions ?
He gave out a point by point rebuttal.
He took 47 questions.

Contrast Bisciotti from other duck and cover owners that talk through lawyers , or don't talk at all. All you here from ESPN is shoddy, unnamed sources. Crap journalism. Reveal your sources ESPN.

How easy is it for ESPN to keep naming unnamed sources. You can come up with anything when you cite these sources. The Ravens put a point by point rebuttal on paper , and all you hear from the journalist are these mysterious deep throat like sources. Typical ESPN. Stick to entertainment , not journalism.

Such a stand up guy...

Lovely...

How do you know ESPN is 100 % right? How many times have we seen them get it wrong ? I'm not saying the Ravens organization didn't make mistakes, the owner has admitted it . We are all against domestic violence so let's dispense with that. I'm talking about an owner who took accountability and responsibility , and a new organization that won't name sources, so that they can be checked out. Who were Ray Rice's friends who supposedly leaked texts ? Where are the facts backed up by bonafide named sources ?

Then ESPN has a women on a few days ago that calls for reprogramming young boys in the school system. It's turning into North Korea.

How do you know ESPN is 100 % right? How many times have we seen them get it wrong ? I'm not saying the Ravens organization didn't make mistakes, the owner has admitted it . We are all against domestic violence so let's dispense with that. I'm talking about an owner who took accountability and responsibility , and a new organization that won't name sources, so that they can be checked out. Who were Ray Rice's friends who supposedly leaked texts ? Where are the facts backed up by bonafide named sources ?

Then ESPN has a women on a few days ago that calls for reprogramming young boys in the school system. It's turning into North Korea.

This is bad Crow. Blaming Rice? Something does not add up here. Ravens could have suspended Rice on their own. They didn't have to wait for Roger.

Come on Crow. We all know the commish, the cops and the owners all dropped the ball on the Rice deal. You think the commish and Bisciotti talks all golf on the golf coarse? He had no choice but to make comments as he did. If he was such a standup guy then why didn't he take a stand and pass out a team suspension? The whole thing smells of horse dung and the owner of the Ravens has his shoes covered in it.

The bonafide witnesses were stabbed to death. The only witness can't even say where his cloths were at. I guess they just grew legs and walked away.

Come on Crow. We all know the commish, the cops and the owners all dropped the ball on the Rice deal. You think the commish and Bisciotti talks all golf on the golf coarse? He had no choice but to make comments as he did. If he was such a standup guy then why didn't he take a stand and pass out a team suspension? The whole thing smells of horse dung and the owner of the Ravens has his shoes covered in it.

They admitted the dropped the ball long before the ESPN article. Bisciotti admitted it in a letter to Raven fans and stakeholders. Additionally, he gave lengthy article to CBS sports admitting the could have handled it better. So he made these comments before the unnamed sources ESPN article. They also rebutted the story point by point. Understand, no one is excusing domestic violence or saying the Ravens front office and the NFL didn't make mistakes, however, this is another example of shoddy ESPN journalism devoid of solid sources, for ratings purposes. Bisciotti took on the politically correct media, and answered every one of their questions. To me, that's straight shooting. If you don't like the Ravens, or just want to take shots , fine, but you should read the rebuttal and watch the whole press conference.

I don't tnink we know anything from the ESPN article or the rebuttal press conference except we are seeing a lot of spinning from all corners

I guess at this point it's a pr war

I did think when I read that ESPN article that it read like a tabloid article

Whatever sells I guess

They admitted the dropped the ball long before the ESPN article. Bisciotti admitted it in a letter to Raven fans and stakeholders. Additionally, he gave lengthy article to CBS sports admitting the could have handled it better. So he made these comments before the unnamed sources ESPN article. They also rebutted the story point by point. Understand, no one is excusing domestic violence or saying the Ravens front office and the NFL didn't make mistakes, however, this is another example of shoddy ESPN journalism devoid of solid sources, for ratings purposes. Bisciotti took on the politically correct media, and answered every one of their questions. To me, that's straight shooting. If you don't like the Ravens, or just want to take shots , fine, but you should read the rebuttal and watch the whole press conference.

I really hate it when people refer to polical correctness by way of supporting their view

As if it even means anything in this case

All you can really say crow is that you like him and you believe him

And that's fine but don't make him out to be a hero here

I don't tnink we know anything from the ESPN article or the rebuttal press conference except we are seeing a lot of spinning from all corners

I guess at this point it's a pr war

I did think when I read that ESPN article that it read like a tabloid article

Whatever sells I guess

I'm not saying all elements of that story are wrong, but they are just relying on people believing these sources , that no one else can question. Do you really think any of these sources were in the room with Bisciotti, Cass, Harbaugh, or Newsome ? Who are these unnamed Rice friends? You are right Nadine, it does read like a tabloid.

I really hate it when people refer to polical correctness by way of supporting their view

As if it even means anything in this case

All you can really say crow is that you like him and you believe him

And that's fine but don't make him out to be a hero here

Strike the political correctness. Let's just say overzealous media. Is that better ?

I'm not saying all elements of that story are wrong, but they are just relying on people believing these sources , that no one else can question. Do you really think any of these sources were in the room with Bisciotti, Cass, Harbaugh, or Newsome ? Who are these unnamed Rice friends? You are right Nadine, it does read like a tabloid.

I hate those unnamed sources in sports stories

No credibility imo

I hate those unnamed sources in sports stories

No credibility imo

If you had a few, maybe backed up by mostly named sources, that would be more credible. I watched the whole press conference, and I guess my main point is Bisciotti certainly apologized and admitted the Ravens could have handled it better. But I believe him when he said there was no conspiracy. Then I listened to Bob Ley afterwards interviewing the journalist, and he must have said 15 times that his unnamed sources were infallible. Really ? Let's trot out these sources and question them like what Mr. Bisciotti had to endure today .

Idk they spin like everyone else

It. All seems sketch to me

Lots of weasels involved is my guess

I think the bottom line is the NFL has to have tough guidelines in place to cover all of these player indiscretions. I don't think zero tolerance is applicable , unless in a crazy example where a player is indicted for murder. I think there should be a chance at redemption, even for Ray Rice or AP, after they go through a program, and have been properly punished. Something good has to come out of all this misfortune.

I'm just floored that anyone watched that press conference, and left with the impression that he came out looking good.

How many other owners would come out , answer every question, and take that kind of heat ? Look, no one is going to look great because of the unfortunate subject matter in that press conference , but the man answered every question, and put in writing a rebuttal to many elements of that story. He also rebutted much of this before the ESPN hack story.

Is anyone else as completely sick of this stuff as I am?

I think we all are. I'm just giving your perspective as a Baltimore fan , but I'd rather talk about Ravens, Colts, or anything football game related. It kills me because it has been an embarrassment to the Ravens organization. I'm a big fan, but not a homer when my team goofs up. It's been a sad story in Baltimore.

I think the bottom line is the NFL has to have tough guidelines in place to cover all of these player indiscretions. I don't think zero tolerance is applicable , unless in a crazy example where a player is indicted for murder. I think there should be a chance at redemption, even for Ray Rice or AP, after they go through a program, and have been properly punished. Something good has to come out of all this misfortune.

People will have to live with shades of grey

We didn't used to know any of this stuff and now I think we just have the impression that we do

I guess now the cba will have the details and give everyone more stuff to fight about

Agree on murder. That Hernandez thing was really awful

Look Crow I couldn't care less about anyones truth or lies in this whole mess. The Ravens owner and the Commish both were at fault and that's the bottom line. I do not believe for one second had the media not jumped all over this it would have been swept under the rug just like horse dung like this had been done in the past. I don't have to take shots at all. It speaks for itself. Everyone and their dog wants Goodell to be held responsible for this mess so why should the owner not face the same? He was in the meeting with Goodell, Rice and the girl friend. That in itself was wrong. Anyone who does crime investigations know the victim is never suppose to be in the room when the questions are being ask. They have been caught with their pants down and now they are too scared not to be straight shooting as you call it.

Is anyone else as completely sick of this stuff as I am?

I'm over it, totally. 

Everybody has problems and jerks in their lives. I'm certainly not giving much pause over a woman I don't know taking smacks from an abusive man and then marrying him. I got neighbors with worse problems. It's soap opera, and it doesn't deserve such attention. 

If people want the NFL to put their foot down, fine, let's do that. But no, we're America. We have to turn everybody's personal problems into entertainment. 

I'm just floored that anyone watched that press conference, and left with the impression that he came out looking good.

I didn't by choice. I caught parts of it and summation because I was foolish enough to think watching a sports show, I would see sports coverage. Instead it's politics and drama. 

People will have to live with shades of grey

We didn't used to know any of this stuff and now I think we just have the impression that we do

I guess now the cba will have the details and give everyone more stuff to fight about

Agree on murder. That Hernandez thing was really awful

Bisciotti referenced your points on the press conference where many of these issues should have been covered, but there was no template in how to cover them.

I didn't watch the whole thing.

I read the OTL article the other day and came away with the impression that it was spin from parties sympathetic to Ray Rice. (And that's ironic, considering the fact that Ray Rice is the one who knocked his fiance out in the elevator, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for how the Ravens treated him. Two months ago, people wanted him banned for life. Weird.)

And I read the Ravens' rebuttal of the OTL piece. They could be lying about the whole thing, but they summarily dismissed the entire angle of the OTL article, from the idea that they were trying to protect Rice to the idea that they were trying to keep him quiet, post-release.

Really, this OTL thing and the Ravens' rebuttal kind of reinforces the idea that there's a press and a public who want nothing more than to see heads roll. 

I didn't watch the whole thing.

I read the OTL article the other day and came away with the impression that it was spin from parties sympathetic to Ray Rice. (And that's ironic, considering the fact that Ray Rice is the one who knocked his fiance out in the elevator, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for how the Ravens treated him. Two months ago, people wanted him banned for life. Weird.)

And I read the Ravens' rebuttal of the OTL piece. They could be lying about the whole thing, but they summarily dismissed the entire angle of the OTL article, from the idea that they were trying to protect Rice to the idea that they were trying to keep him quiet, post-release.

Really, this OTL thing and the Ravens' rebuttal kind of reinforces the idea that there's a press and a public who want nothing more than to see heads roll.

Bisciotti indicated this noise may be coming from

Rice's lawyers. He said he didn't blame Rice for this. I think they were pretty upfront about their mistakes. What else does the press want ? We all know, heads rolling, but Steve said this will not happen.

Look Crow I couldn't care less about anyones truth or lies in this whole mess. The Ravens owner and the Commish both were at fault and that's the bottom line. I do not believe for one second had the media not jumped all over this it would have been swept under the rug just like horse dung like this had been done in the past. I don't have to take shots at all. It speaks for itself. Everyone and their dog wants Goodell to be held responsible for this mess so why should the owner not face the same? He was in the meeting with Goodell, Rice and the girl friend. That in itself was wrong. Anyone who does crime investigations know the victim is never suppose to be in the room when the questions are being ask. They have been caught with their pants down and now they are too scared not to be straight shooting as you call it.

No, Ray Rice was totally at fault and is responsible. Goodell and Bisciotti didn't handle things perfectly, and certainly made mistakes, but give them a chance to rectify things.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 23, 2014 - OP request
Hidden by 21isSuperman, September 23, 2014 - OP request

Why am I not surprised.....???  :scratch:  haha

Every chance you get  ~ you dig at Irsay,  and yet defend this..??   

No, Ray Rice was totally at fault and is responsible. Goodell and Bisciotti didn't handle things perfectly, and certainly made mistakes, but give them a chance to rectify things.

I am not the one who is after them. I just don't like the few who thinks everything is OK just because they stand in front of a media camera and talks out of both sides of their mouth. Goodells doing it and so is Bisciotti. I don't quite understand how you expect anyone to just act like everything is OK and just go with the flow. I seem to remember your few times at digging at Irsay for something his father was responsible for. Now that the finger is pointing at your team you don't seem to have near the passion for pointing fingers. It's no big deal. It will go away sooner or later. It wouldn't surprise me if Goodell does become the fall guy for doing what the owners pay him to do. He gets paid 44 million a year to take all the heat for the owners but this time it didn't stop at Goodell.

I am not the one who is after them. I just don't like the few who thinks everything is OK just because they stand in front of a media camera and talks out of both sides of their mouth. Goodells doing it and so is Bisciotti. I don't quite understand how you expect anyone to just act like everything is OK and just go with the flow. I seem to remember your few times at digging at Irsay for something his father was responsible for. Now that the finger is pointing at your team you don't seem to have near the passion for pointing fingers. It's no big deal. It will go away sooner or later. It wouldn't surprise me if Goodell does become the fall guy for doing what the owners pay him to do. He gets paid 44 million a year to take all the heat for the owners but this time it didn't stop at Goodell.

Look, here is the deal. I don't want to bring up your owner as I will be going on a vacation. I want redemption for him, the same as I do for Rice. Check my comments from that time.

All I can tell you is Bisciotti stood up to the press , put it in writing, took every question, then answered extra questions. People that are trying to hide something usually have handlers , lawyers, or have no comments. Steve was very forthright.

I have taken the Ravens to task, Ray rice , Steve , and there are many things that could have been done better. But I'm not going to let a media hack job to increase ratings get in the way of the truth. I thought it was a very courageous , humble , and honest press conference.