Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My X Factor whats yours?

hambone35

Strictly speaking rookies...

Moncrief looks like he's going to be great, I love the pick, but it has to be Mewhort for me. He has come in as a rookie and arguably been playing better than Thornton (who's playing well too but struggled quite a bit as a rookie). I'm very excited that we may finally have our interior line of the future.

I love Moncrief, and he very well could be better than T.Y., and he looked great against Jacksonville, but he needs to prove that before I rate him anywhere near Hilton. Hilton is a great receiver, but Moncrief has all the intangibles, size, speed etc. that you need.

As for the x-factor, I am going the Erik Walden/Bjoern Werner/Jonathan Newsome OLB trio we have right now, if they can get pressure, we can compete with any team in the league. 

Moncrief looks like he's going to be great, I love the pick, but it has to be Mewhort for me. He has come in as a rookie and arguably been playing better than Thornton (who's playing well too but struggled nightly as a rookie). I'm very excited that we may finally have our interior line of the future.

Mewhort has looked great, looking like a possible steal to get him late in the 2nd round, and possibly another steal nabbing Moncrief late in the 3rd. 

In my opinion looks to be and will be a better reciever than T.Y. Whats your opinions?

Bold opinion my friend. :goodluck:  TY is great and has had 2 really good seasons, hopefully that passes to Moncrief as well. He played well yesterday but I didn't see too much of him to really make an opinion. Also, hard to judge how someone plays when against the Jags. But I think he will be great.

My X Factor goes to Jack Mewhort or AQ Shipley (if that counts). Our O-Line is vastly improved and it has shown with these guys in our line up. Without these guys, we probably wouldn't ever run the ball again.

Moncrief looks like he's going to be great, I love the pick, but it has to be Mewhort for me. He has come in as a rookie and arguably been playing better than Thornton (who's playing well too but struggled nightly as a rookie). I'm very excited that we may finally have our interior line of the future.

Have to agree with this.  Moncrief is a great pick up but he's not going to make an impact simply because it's our deepest position.

I'd love to find out it's Newsome or even Werner, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also.. Wouldn't call him an x-factor, but how about Ahmad Bradshaw so far this season? Averaging about 6 ypc and has been even better as a receiver so far this season, both him and Richardson have impressed me so far in the receiving game, but obviously Bradshaw has looked great receiving, almost similar to Darren Sproles in a way with how big of a threat he is to come in and block, run the ball, or catch it out of the backfield/at wideout. 

I agree. I will also add that Moncrief is in a much better situation than Thornton or Mewhort, mainly due to necessity from the player positions. We can slowly bring Moncrief along, and he can be that spark plug while he is learning the game. Mewhort and Thornton were just thrown into the fire. There is a lot less pressure on Moncrief. 

Moncrief is playing excellent. He is a lot of fun to watch. 

Bold opinion my friend. :goodluck:  TY is great and has had 2 really good seasons, hopefully that passes to Moncrief as well. He played well yesterday but I didn't see too much of him to really make an opinion. Also, hard to judge how someone plays when against the Jags. But I think he will be great.

My X Factor goes to Jack Mewhort or AQ Shipley (if that counts). Our O-Line is vastly improved and it has shown with these guys in our line up. Without these guys, we probably wouldn't ever run the ball again.

I guess to kind of carry off this post, with Shipley playing well, do we continue to start him or go back to Khaled Holmes when he is healthy? I assume Pagano is going to go back to Holmes since he has that never lose a spot to injury motto. 

X-Factor: Greg Toler

Gonna be the year he silences everyone on this forum that continuously bashed him in the offseason

Is it Sunday yet?

:cheer:

Nice!

He is certainly getting it done on the field. 

How long before we start seeing threads; where people proclaim they never doubted Toler?

I guess to kind of carry off this post, with Shipley playing well, do we continue to start him or go back to Khaled Holmes when he is healthy? I assume Pagano is going to go back to Holmes since he has that never lose a spot to injury motto. 

I hope we honestly stick with Shipley. I mean, it's working right now so why mess with it. I know Pagano is stubborn when it comes to that though so it wouldn't suprise me it Holmes goes back in.

Moncrief looks like he's going to be great, I love the pick, but it has to be Mewhort for me. He has come in as a rookie and arguably been playing better than Thornton (who's playing well too but struggled quite a bit as a rookie). I'm very excited that we may finally have our interior line of the future.

Gotta Agree Moncrief is good but realistically wont see the field as much and Mewhort is doing a solid job in his rookie season. sky is the limit for this kid.

My X Factor is Landry. Toler is a close second, mainly because I'm sick of people giving those two guys hell.

Yeah, I don't agree with the bashing of Greg Toler. He's solid, just has trouble with injuries

Now Laron Landry, he's just absolutely terrible. Supported him when he was first signed, not anymore. Expecting his replacement soon within the next offseason

My X factor for this year as a top pick who has made impact, and will continue to be great, goes to MONCRIEF    excellent pick of a WR has good hands runs crisp routes gets YAC. In my opinion looks to be and will be a better receiver than T.Y. Whats your opinions?

x factor is offense line too trust each other and work as a team . last year was mess up line. this looking good for the line now have too jell together take time.

My X factor? A.Q. Shipley! I hope that you never get "shipped" off to another team after proving your worth ever again! A lot of people didn't like that trade then and the negative vibe from it you have proved worthy. But hopefully now the Colts have a nice little problem of depth and who should start at Center. Don`t know how Ryan Grigson pulled this one off, not sure he even knows how he did it, but my apologies for questioning his job performance on assembling an Offensive line. Hopefully this "fab 5" can continue continuity and get even better. IMO, this will help pay dividends late in the season IF able to make playoffs with playoff football. Hopefully Grigs can invent a pass rush without Mathis somehow as we go along?    

I love Moncrief, and he very well could be better than T.Y., and he looked great against Jacksonville, but he needs to prove that before I rate him anywhere near Hilton. Hilton is a great receiver, but Moncrief has all the intangibles, size, speed etc. that you need.

As for the x-factor, I am going the Erik Walden/Bjoern Werner/Jonathan Newsome OLB trio we have right now, if they can get pressure, we can compete with any team in the league. 

I completely agree.  I almost liked the way that Werner set the edge while Walden rushed.  I saw Newsome do a little in the preseason but other than that, I don't know much about him.  I wonder what Chris Carter from Pittsburgh could do.  He backed up Jarvis Jones.  I also heard we picked up Trevardo Williams from Houston.  I'm sure they've been testing them out in practice.  

Dwayne Allen, always will be my X factor

HtownColt,

I agree.

Before the season started, I felt that Fleener would be the X Factor. I based that on how I thought we would stretch the field.

That said, over the first 3 weeks, it has become clearer to me that Dwayne Allen is our X Factor, and Doyle deserves some recognition as well. 

In my mind, as a group our TE's and 3 TE/FB/OL sets are what makes this offense really go. 

Allen is certainly the key, as he plays a very important role in all phases of the offense. He has always been known for his great blocking ability, and I am convinced that he blocks well enough to play LT. We have a formation where we line him up at LT and kick Castonzo over to to the right of Cherilus. We usually pull Thornton and have him assist on the blind side out of this formation, and Allen has not disappointed.