Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep Pep, GM and coaches.

tfunky14

Great win Sunday. The Colts did what they needed to do. Go into Jacksonville and come out with a win. For all the naysayers out there, go fly a kite!

Looking at the Broncos vs Seahawk  and Eagles vs Skins you can easily see the Colts can win against quality teams like them especially the Broncos/Seahawks.

Yes the Colts lost to the Eagles and Broncos but were very capable in winning those games, just came up short. Are the Colts perfect, NO but they will watch tape, make changes where needed and will improve each week to obtain a playoff birth.  

I like the GM, the coaching staff and the improvements they made to make this Colts team better. In today's NFL, it's hard keeping good players and to make the playoff after going 2-14 in their first year speaks volumes.  

So, if you think you can do better get a job as a coach/GM and get back to me when you reach the highest level but til then keep your mouth shut on stupid 

"let's FIRE this person threads"

Again, just my opinion...

Great win Sunday. The Colts did what they needed to do. Go into Jacksonville and come out with a win. For all the naysayers out there, go fly a kite!

Looking at the Broncos vs Seahawk  and Eagles vs Skins you can easily see the Colts can win against quality teams like them especially the Broncos/Seahawks.

Yes the Colts lost to the Eagles and Broncos but were very capable in winning those games, just came up short. Are the Colts perfect, NO but they will watch tape, make changes where needed and will improve each week to obtain a playoff birth.  

I like the GM, the coaching staff and the improvements they made to make this Colts team better. In today's NFL, it's hard keeping good players and to make the playoff after going 2-14 in their first year speaks volumes.  

So, if you think you can do better get a job as a coach/GM and get back to me when you reach the highest level but til then keep your mouth shut on stupid 

That right there is crazy talk. What the heck are you thinking about?

Message Boards and forums like this one and others that I frequent are comprised of a diverse group of fans... After any loss you will have those who fear the "sky is falling" and must fire or bench someone to please the masses... You also have the fans who regardless of the outcome sip their wine while wearing their "rose colored glasses" and never have a negative comment... That is the fun of these groups, how boring would it be if 500 members logged on everyday and said "Go Colts" high fived each other and left without an opinion??? No, most of us would rather voice an opinion to spark debate and conversation.... So if someone wants Pep fired or Fleener benched etc... State your opinion as to why or why not... Either way the comments do not make anyone less of a fan.... Just my two-cents ...

Message Boards and forums like this one and others that I frequent are comprised of a diverse group of fans... After any loss you will have those who fear the "sky is falling" and must fire or bench someone to please the masses... You also have the fans who regardless of the outcome sip their wine while wearing their "rose colored glasses" and never have a negative comment... That is the fun of these groups, how boring would it be if 500 members logged on everyday and said "Go Colts" high fived each other and left without an opinion??? No, most of us would rather voice an opinion to spark debate and conversation.... So if someone wants Pep fired or Fleener benched etc... State your opinion as to why or why not... Either way the comments do not make anyone less of a fan.... Just my two-cents ...

Well said.

Agree! I have been a critic of this staff BUT I will them props for yesterday's AGGRESSIVE gameplan on BOTH sides of the ball ESPECIALLY with the offense who seemed to try to score on every possession. Not sure if it was the media backlash, playing the Jags or simply knowing they could not afford to start off 0-3. Regardless I LOVED what I saw yesterday!!! Keep the pedal to the metal against good or bad teams. No you won't win them all BUT you give this team a chance and FORCE opposing defenses to be on their A game by putting the ball in Luck's hands EARLY instead of when down 14 or 20 and HOPING for the comeback. Bradshaw looks like the back of old! Overall good win.

Seems like everyone feels differently about this

Some want everyone to be all positive all the times

Others can't stand exclusively positive posting

Same goes for negativity

be nice if people could express their thoughts without calling out everyone who is not exactly like them

I can live with that Smitty and sfergson...

But most "let's FIRE" threads have no logical substance, no statements that makes some sense, just nonsense.

Calling for someones job because of 2 play in a game is ludicrous.

Yeah, a few of the threads have been "out there", but this coaching staff has not been totally beyond reproach in the last couple years.  They've made mistakes, but if yesterday is any indication, they can at least learn from their errors.  Personally, I need to see more improvement against worthy opponents to feel comfortable with Pep's scheme, but they collectively did well yesterday, and for that I give them all the kudos in the world.

Yes, we won the game, and that's good.  But there is still an underlying weakness in our coaching staff - especially the OC and his staff.  There is a "lost opportunity cost" for keeping them that is masked by our on-field talent. Those lost opportunities - like those affecting Peyton's time with the Colts - can never be made up. We have already paid dearly for this lack of coaching performance.

Yes, we won the game, and that's good. But there is still an underlying weakness in our coaching staff - especially the OC and his staff. There is a "lost opportunity cost" for keeping them that is masked by our on-field talent. Those lost opportunities - like those affecting Peyton's time with the Colts - can never be made up. We have already paid dearly for this lack of coaching performance.

Very nicely put! I agree..

Agree! I have been a critic of this staff BUT I will them props for yesterday's AGGRESSIVE gameplan on BOTH sides of the ball ESPECIALLY with the offense who seemed to try to score on every possession. Not sure if it was the media backlash, playing the Jags or simply knowing they could not afford to start off 0-3. Regardless I LOVED what I saw yesterday!!! Keep the pedal to the metal against good or bad teams. No you won't win them all BUT you give this team a chance and FORCE opposing defenses to be on their A game by putting the ball in Luck's hands EARLY instead of when down 14 or 20 and HOPING for the comeback. Bradshaw looks like the back of old! Overall good win.

I wait to pass judgement when we play like that against a pro football team. Something the jags are not.

Yes, we won the game, and that's good.  But there is still an underlying weakness in our coaching staff - especially the OC and his staff.  There is a "lost opportunity cost" for keeping them that is masked by our on-field talent. Those lost opportunities - like those affecting Peyton's time with the Colts - can never be made up. We have already paid dearly for this lack of coaching performance.

I disagree, the coaching staff is tops in the league. In today's NFL, to win 10 plus games a year, to make the playoffs multiple years says a lot of the staff the Colts have. 

To sit on your rear end behind a computer screen and complain about 2 play in a loss is again, ludicrous.

The 2 losses against the Broncos and Eagles is telling point that the Colts can compete, can win those games, can make a long run in the playoffs to a possible Super Bowl.

Those 2 losses could of went either way, they just happen to end up losses and at that time was hard to swallow.

This Colts team is a good team but yes still need improvement to reach their goal for this season but for anybody to create a stupid thread to fire the staff is just unreasonable.

Good heavens...

I understand being critical of certain things the staff has done. But when you start talking about "lost opportunity cost" and whatnot is when you lose me. This team was 2-14, and wasn't supposed to be anywhere near the playoffs, according to general consensus. We are AHEAD of schedule, not behind. Yes, plenty to work on, but there's no lost opportunities. 

I reserve judgement on this issue. I have enjoyed finally getting a good look at what Pep intends this offense to function as. It's been revealing. Grigson has been very effective, can't see why anyone would have issue with him at this time. Chuck has been solid and has led us well, not perfect, but very well. 

Jim Caldwell and Bill Polian, now those guys earned their firing. They both helped our franchise grow and succeed, but they both ran their course. That's not to say that they're bad people or even bad at their jobs. They had just run their course and no longer offered us the change that was needed. By situation alone if nothing else, they had to go. 

I am admittedly a bit unsure about Pep. But if our guys aren't executing, it's hard to judge properly. 

The reason the Fire/Bench threads are as tiresome as the "everyone gets a ribbon" posters is simply because much like the 2011 season, it becomes obvious that people ARE going to get fired and should be. It isn't positive, it's not fun and I'm not rooting for that. There's something to be said for consistency and it's worth far more than a few wins or a nice season here and there. The Colts are in the one of the more unique situations in sports, where it's been a safe bet for 15 years that they're going to be good. That doesn't happen with a high rate of turnover. Patience has done the franchise well.