Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Met some awesome people at the Colts game today

Dark_Indy

Turns out, I met Darius Butler's family today at the game in Jax.

As I was leaving, I noticed a large group of people wearing his jersey, so I walked over and asked them if they were Darius Butler's family. They said yes, and we chatted for a bit- very friendly folks. 

I asked them to pass a message on to Darius for me, that he played awesome today, and that all of Colts Nation was proud to see him in the horseshoe. 

Anyone else at the Colts game today? It was pretty much a Home Game with all the Colts fans there.

It's crazy in Florida when I lived in Tampa there were more Colts apparel than Bucs Jags Dolphins put together .  

I lived in Pensacola, and even though the Bucs had just won the Super Bowl, around 2003-2005, I barely seen any Tampa stickers or anything. Lots of Saints fans there too.

I was there with my wife, and met many Colts fans.  Some from the forum (blumpkin 4 brady and wpfinca), and some others that are not.  We all had fun together at the Landings the night before and pre-game.  We always seemed to run into each other too during the 2 days.  We had a very good time. My wife and I also ran into a large group of females wearing matching TY Hilton  shirts.  They were bright and new.  My wife was chatting with them.  I'm not certain, but they might have been part of his family, or close to him in some way.

Colts fans were everywhere to be found at EverBank yesterday.

On another note, the Jaguars fans were the nicest group of fans I've ever experienced as a fan of the opponent.  We met quite afew walking through their taligating sections, and a few lets us quench a thirst as we chatted.  The Jags fans sitting around me never once made any statement anti-Colts, let alone trash talked.  We did discuss things like if/when the Jags would relent and let Bortles play (second half, it turned out!  LOL) and other things.  For the most part, we all just got to watch the game and cheer when things went our way (which means my wife and I were cheering a lot!).

I was there with my wife, and met many Colts fans.  Some from the forum (blumpkin 4 brady and wpfinca), and some others that are not.  We all had fun together at the Landings the night before and pre-game.  We always seemed to run into each other too during the 2 days.  We had a very good time. My wife and I also ran into a large group of females wearing matching TY Hilton  shirts.  They were bright and new.  My wife was chatting with them.  I'm not certain, but they might have been part of his family, or close to him in some way.

Colts fans were everywhere to be found at EverBank yesterday.

On another note, the Jaguars fans were the nicest group of fans I've ever experienced as a fan of the opponent.  We met quite afew walking through their taligating sections, and a few lets us quench a thirst as we chatted.  The Jags fans sitting around me never once made any statement anti-Colts, let alone trash talked.  We did discuss things like if/when the Jags would relent and let Bortles play (second half, it turned out!  LOL) and other things.  For the most part, we all just got to watch the game and cheer when things went our way (which means my wife and I were cheering a lot!).

Shame I couldn't meet up with you guys, but next year I'm going to be taking a trailer up to Jax and tailgating for a few hours before the game. 

I must have gotten the rotten Jaguars fans, because there was a guy a few seats down from me that wouldn't shut up. Every play the colts ran he was screaming for a flag for this or that, and every completion was pass interference on the offense. 

I'm still trying to get rehydrated from the heat. I did see a few folks pass out there though. 

Shame I couldn't meet up with you guys, but next year I'm going to be taking a trailer up to Jax and tailgating for a few hours before the game. 

I must have gotten the rotten Jaguars fans, because there was a guy a few seats down from me that wouldn't shut up. Every play the colts ran he was screaming for a flag for this or that, and every completion was pass interference on the offense. 

I'm still trying to get rehydrated from the heat. I did see a few folks pass out there though. 

The heat was brutal.  That is why Jags makes us wear Speed Blue early in the season when we play them in Jax.  I was dizzy and dehydrated by mid 4th quarter too.  And I sat all day.  Imagine playing football from 1 - 4:00 pm...  Wow!

Turns out, I met Darius Butler's family today at the game in Jax.

As I was leaving, I noticed a large group of people wearing his jersey, so I walked over and asked them if they were Darius Butler's family. They said yes, and we chatted for a bit- very friendly folks. 

I asked them to pass a message on to Darius for me, that he played awesome today, and that all of Colts Nation was proud to see him in the horseshoe. 

Anyone else at the Colts game today? It was pretty much a Home Game with all the Colts fans there.

Awesome man! I have had several similar situations happen to me too. Those are the moments that you cherish! :)