Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

one of the most overrated corners in the game.

bestQBever

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Vontae Davis one of the most underrated corners in the game? I don't think anyone outside of Colts fans really see him as a shut down corner. 

The guy who does Madden ratings put him in the top 5. He may not receive the recognition he deserves, but at least somebody noticed him.

Is Vontae Davis one of the most underrated corners in the game? I don't think anyone outside of Colts fans really see him as a shut down corner. 

As long as Vontae plays Demaryius Thomas every week, yes he is underrated :).

He just needs to show more consistency against the likes of Andre Johnson, Antonio Brown and A.J.Green that he will face later this year. Then, people will take notice, IMO.

He just needs to show more consistency against the likes of Andre Johnson, Antonio Brown and A.J.Green that he will face later this year. Then, people will take notice, IMO.

I agree with that, but he has been awfully consistent this year. I can't recall him ever getting beat in the 3 games so far really, unless he was beat in the 2nd half of the Jags game, which I didn't see. 

I agree with that, but he has been awfully consistent this year. I can't recall him ever getting beat in the 3 games so far really, unless he was beat in the 2nd half of the Jags game, which I didn't see.

He did have a penalty in the game, but he turned around & got a pick a play or two later, think that was in the 2nd half...

I like Greg Toler, but Haden is better. Toler is a very good #2 guy though, and can certainly make some plays, like 2 int already this season and a pick 6 on one of them. 

I understand that Haden may be better overall, but Toler has played better in the only year that really counts (this one). I don't understand the hate on Toler, he's a really good CB- yeah he got injured last year, but he's still a lot better than some teams can say for a #2. I'd be scared to see what Arizona's defense would look like with Toler, Peterson, and Matthieu.

He's not underrated.  he's regarded as a decent CB, but inconsistent.   People don't see him as one of these shut down CB's because he's not.  On some teams, He'd be a nickel back.

All three are better then Thomas right now in there careers

Lolwut?

I thought I was pretty clear. Re-read it.......

thedude, on 21 Sept 2014 - 9:19 PM, said:

He's not underrated. he's regarded as a decent CB, but inconsistent. People don't see him as one of these shut down CB's because he's not. On some teams, He'd be a nickel back.

He is better than Maxwell and Harris using anyones metrics

Uh..... No.

And he's certainly not nearly as good as Jeremy Lane, who's the other starting CB for Seattle who's out with an injury due to return in a few more weeks. In Seattle, for sure he would be a nickel back and a back up to one of their starters.