Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JAX @ IND post-game discussion: defense

21isSuperman

Everyone called out the pass rush before the game, and they showed up. Could have been better, but we definitely made the Jags QBs uncomfortable.

They did enough to get Henne benched. I don't think they were ready for Bortles. Brought some energy, made some plays but I think our D would have shut him down also.

If Purifoy was a better option at S than Adams don't you think they'd have already made this move?

I mean the coaching staff see the players day in day out.... Just saying.

Shipley was a better option at C than Satele....... How'd that work out?

Purifoy is just raw. But you can't mold someone if they don't get in. I'd start him in a game like the Jags where it's weak competition to let him get some reps

But that's just me. Adams will probably start all season then the offseason Grigson goes out to get someone

Shipley was a better option at C than Satele....... How'd that work out?

Purifoy is just raw. But you can't mold someone if they don't get in. I'd start him in a game like the Jags where it's weak competition to let him get some reps

But that's just me. Adams will probably start all season then the offseason Grigson goes out to get someone

No, you don't start him. But it would have been nice to give him some reps later in the game. Colt Anderson came in, but I don't think I saw Purifoy.

Also, we're doing a lot of assuming in trying to put Purifoy in the game at safety. He didn't play any safety in preseason, right? And I don't think I've heard anything from the staff suggesting that he's going to play safety. This very well might be just a fan theory.

No, you don't start him. But it would have been nice to give him some reps later in the game. Colt Anderson came in, but I don't think I saw Purifoy.

Also, we're doing a lot of assuming in trying to put Purifoy in the game at safety. He didn't play any safety in preseason, right? And I don't think I've heard anything from the staff suggesting that he's going to play safety. This very well might be just a fan theory.

Colt Anderson isn't good either

Put Purifoy back there and give him a chance. He has the athletic ability & the measurables so give him reps.

30-0 they could've put him back there. Really when it was 21-0 they could've

But like I said Adams probably won't be replaced until the season is over

Colt Anderson isn't good either

Put Purifoy back there and give him a chance. He has the athletic ability & the measurables so give him reps.

30-0 they could've put him back there. Really when it was 21-0 they could've

But like I said Adams probably won't be replaced until the season is over

But is there any indication from the staff that we're going to use Purifoy at safety, ever?

Also, how do you know whether Colt Anderson is good or not? 

But is there any indication from the staff that we're going to use Purifoy at safety, ever?

Also, how do you know whether Colt Anderson is good or not?

Never said there was any indication from the staff

And he's a backup to Adams is really is only here cause Howell might be done with football. Anderson isn't good

Basically, yeah. He's got a whole side of the field on lockdown at this point. Playing at a pro bowl level to start the season.

I thought so, just checking, thanks for letting me know :) I am a huge fan of Vontae, I would happily argue for him to be in the conversation for top 5 CB.

Toler, to me allowed a few passes but he played pretty well.

@ UKCOLT17

OLB is not easy to learn for young players..its pressure good,ok..the time bring sacks

Every game they learns and learns...they must play many games...Werner,Newsome,others

This year,with the injury from R.M. they have time to learn.

at the offense ,young player have better chances to came out fast.

Four sacks is good against most teams, but I would have liked to have seen a few more against this poor O-line, Werner made a good play in the end zone but would have liked for him to at least get a sack against this O-line. CB's looked good and the safeties were better than they have been, but still not up to par. overall decent performance by the Defense.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 22, 2014 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, September 22, 2014 - personal shot

Never said there was any indication from the staff

And he's a backup to Adams is really is only here cause Howell might be done with football. Anderson isn't good

You are the most ignorant and hypocritical person on a forum that is full of ignorance and hypocrites.

I believe Gordy and purifoy came in at the cb spots when the other backups came in.