Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Question for your Opinion

Reddog

I keep asking this but who do you think should be our rush LB.  I through out Freeney as a possibility and got negative responses from individuals who apparently feel they know player personnel.  So I ask you, who should be our rush LB?  Is he on the roster or who can we reach out and get.  Looking for some intelligent responses!

I keep asking this but who do you think should be our rush LB.  I through out Freeney as a possibility and got negative responses from individuals who apparently feel they know player personnel.  So I ask you, who should be our rush LB?  Is he on the roster or who can we reach out and get.  Looking for some intelligent responses!

see my post in werner. we are going to have two, werner and walden, sunday, sacks are here

Erik Walden/Bjoren Werner...... Get creative

Flip LB's

Let Vontae Shadow the #1 WR & Toler the #2

STOP changing our safeties. Make our defense the traditional FS & SS cause I'm tired of watching Landry in coverage

Get Zach Kerr more snaps

Get a 1-5-5 package going on 3rd & long or obvious passing downs

Chapman as the only D-Lineman & have 5 LB's then 5 DB's

Plenty of things to do with the talent we have to mask our weaknesses but Manusky has to be willing to think outside the box

AND :no: to Freeney!!!

Freeney is getting :lecture: so wasting a draft pick would be just plain silly. Walden is our only hope and I like the idea

of Kerr getting more snaps also.

Freeney is getting :lecture: so wasting a draft pick would be just plain silly. Walden is our only hope and I like the idea

of Kerr getting more snaps also.

My guess is Freeney is better than anyone we have including Walden.  If Walden is our only hope, strap yourself in, it's gonna be a long season...

Erik Walden/Bjoren Werner...... Get creative

Flip LB's

Let Vontae Shadow the #1 WR & Toler the #2

STOP changing our safeties. Make our defense the traditional FS & SS cause I'm tired of watching Landry in coverage

Get Zach Kerr more snaps

Get a 1-5-5 package going on 3rd & long or obvious passing downs

Chapman as the only D-Lineman & have 5 LB's then 5 DB's

Plenty of things to do with the talent we have to mask our weaknesses but Manusky has to be willing to think outside the box

AND :no: to Freeney!!!

Great thoughts but my opinion is it's not that easy in the NFL.

Unless we're talking stats, everything posted on here is an opinion.

For Freeney, we tried him at OLB and he was more comfortable as a 4-3 DE whereas Mathis thrives at OLB.    I think the same issue may be true with Werner as we've seen with other posts.  

I think coaches should look at Studebaker as a possibility, at least in practice.  He's great at special teams, although we saw him on the field during preseason at LB, although if memory serves me, on inside LB.  He's about ten pounds lighter than Werner and may be faster, not sure.  Wouldn't be a long term solution but might be an improvement. 

They also got Chris Carter (OLB from Pittsburgh).  He was a backup but maybe some playing time might benefit the defense.  Hard to tell.  

As far as any free agents, I'm not sure. People keep throwing around Michael Sam but he's on a practice squad so I'd doubt his abilities to be any better than what we have now. 

I through out Freeney as a possibility and got negative responses from individuals who apparently feel they know player personnel.  So I ask you, who should be our rush LB?  Is he on the roster or who can we reach out and get.  Looking for some intelligent responses!

So what you are saying is, I am going to keep doing this until someone agrees with me. Sounds like you are not looking for feedback, you are looking for an audience.

Freeney is too old. I'm sure he's thinking about retirement this year.

Erik Walden and Bjorn Werner will be the rushing line backers. Walden had a good game on Monday getting to Foles, I think they forgot about him since he didn't really rush at all last season. Bjorn has yet to impress me YET, but I hope he gets going.