Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Michael Sam?

trueblueblood

He's on Dallas' practice squad and seemed to get some decent pass rush in the preseason. If there's a good place for Sam, I think Indy is as good as any. Lord knows we need some pass rush desperately. Not to mention the whole media circus around the nfl is busy with domestic violence/ child abuse would make this less of a distraction to the team. What do you guys think?

Are we really in a position to be picky at this point? Who says he had to be a starter? You guys all act like we never use Werner with his hand in the dirt playing de.

There are better options for a 3-4 OLB than Sam that wouldn't have a learnu g curve. And if you get a 3-4 olb you don't have the wait. Sam would not make an impact here.

He is a pass rusher, as a rotational pass rusher he could fit, But has to gain strength, I saw some Tackles in preseason just toss him aside with ease do to lack of strength. Don't know if he is worth having to place him on the 53 man roster though but getting rid of someone to do that would not be a problem I don't think

He's on Dallas' practice squad and seemed to get some decent pass rush in the preseason. If there's a good place for Sam, I think Indy is as good as any. Lord knows we need some pass rush desperately. Not to mention the whole media circus around the nfl is busy with domestic violence/ child abuse would make this less of a distraction to the team. What do you guys think?

Stick to following him on twitter.

There are people better than Sam that are probably on people's practice squad's if we look a little closer. Not to criticize the OP, but he's just suggesting Sam because he's mentioned so much and he doesn't know any other practice squad players that are available. We don't need a distraction like him. Rather the Colts take someone else or trade a mid to low round pick and keep a low profile. :)

The question was in reference to Michael Sam, I do not see the talent there  to make the transition from DE to OLB. Nor do I feel or believe that Werner has made the transition effectively. Your statement albeit rather vague is true, lots have made the transition, but in this case I don't see it happening... IMHO

I don't know if Sam fits our scheme or is good enough to play. But don't think creating a media circus

would be a problem. I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and never hear much about him.

certainty not a media circus.

why would there be a media circus? he was not a top draft pick. not like we would expect him to be great

he's not very good

Too little for our system

He is 6'2" 261lbs......Robert Mathis is 6'2" 245lbs........Chris Carter the back up OLB the Colts just picked up is 6'1" 248.......And actually Sam would be our heaviest active OLB and 2nd heaviest overall to Adongo......There appears to me to be a big difference in how those other linebackers carry that weight compared to Sam from what I see....Those other OLB's have much more definition and tone in there bodies. He isn't strong enough though and struggles to turn the Corner around the Tackle.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 21, 2014 - political
Hidden by Nadine, September 21, 2014 - political

Indiana is not a good place for any gay person with your Republican state politics.

I seriously doubt that. People always try to make it a gay issue it a black and white issue. And it's a plain and simple can you play football issue. Can you play in our system. Are you better than what we have. Cause if not, what's the point in picking him up.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 21, 2014 - political
Hidden by Superman, September 21, 2014 - political

I seriously doubt that. People always try to make it a gay issue it a black and white issue. And it's a plain and simple can you play football issue. Can you play in our system. Are you better than what we have. Cause if not, what's the point in picking him up.

you doubt what? that indiana has laws and attitudes about homosexuality that are behind the times?

you doubt what? that indiana has laws and attitudes about homosexuality that are behind the times?

Lol, so because Indiana wouldn't legally allow him to get married it's some big gay hating state. Get a clue bro. Only a dem/libturd would come in spewing nonsense when no one has made him being gay an issue.

Are ppl forgetting Mathis played only 1 yr on the system b4 last and was unstoppable the past 10 yrs he had his hands in the ground in 4-3... so it's possible. . I believe werner is better than Sam Ave could transition easier

I just think Werner needs to develope more moves. Looks like he tries to bull rush to much. Which worked in college but not so much now. NFL tackles are much bigger, faster and skilled than what he went up against. It's a chess match, you might work most if the game just to set him up for a move latter on when it's huge.

Lol, so because Indiana wouldn't legally allow him to get married it's some big gay hating state. Get a clue bro. Only a dem/libturd would come in spewing nonsense when no one has made him being gay an issue.

people who use epithets in their posts, says it all......