Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dion Jordan suspended.

Dustin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/19/dion-jordan-gets-another-suspension-this-one-for-drugs/

So his previous suspension was reduced to two games, but this new situation carries a four game suspension, so it's a total of six games. What a dummy. I was talking about making an offer for him in another thread, but after this, no thanks. 

So much for the trade talks. In other news, the media lashes out at Goodell for allowing Dion Jordon to be in a position to ingest the PEDs.

You know, Miami isn't exactly the best place for those who struggle with temptation from doing wrong

Between the women, weather, crime, & drugs...... Yeah..... Doesn't look pretty haha

So much for the trade talks. In other news, the media lashes out at Goodell for allowing Dion Jordon to be in a position to ingest the PEDs.

Hopefully the press conference will get the press to move on to other things while his team of experts develop the policies the NFL wants and desires to put this aside.

Apparently it's pretty serious, whatever it is.  He's checked in to a treatmetn center, which leads me to believe that it's something worse than just PEDs.  The reports seem to be conflicting on whether it's PEDs or drugs.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000397242/article/dion-jordan-suspended-4-games-for-substance-abuse

All substance abuse violations  had required a rehab program. But I'm not sure if that is chosen by the league or the player.

I yeah, he played that week. Trading for a guy that can'tplay till week seven doesn't make any sense at all

It makes sense if the price is right, but in this case, you have a knuckle head with several strikes on his record, so I don't think we'd be interested. Also, after the way Mathis got hurt, and the way Von Miller and Aldon Smith returned from similar situations last year with little effectiveness, I don't think we'd want to trade for someone who will be on the shelf for another 4 weeks. Too many things can go wrong.

Send Holmes and a 4th to Miami for Dion and we make him an OLB in our defense like a athletic specimen like himself is supposed to be

Would say send Rogers & that 4th but the forum might explode from the Roger's supporter's who believe He's the next HOFer WR

So let me get this straight. You don't wanna trade for a proven beast like Aldon Smith because he is a "troublemaker" but yet you'll get all giddy at the thought of trading for a guy that's currently suspended and using PEDs? What has Dion Jordan even done since being in the NFL. I never even hear about him. You're really hypocritical.

You know, Miami isn't exactly the best place for those who struggle with temptation from doing wrong

Between the women, weather, crime, & drugs...... Yeah..... Doesn't look pretty haha

Terrible excuse! Did Jason Taylor ever get in trouble? Could be wrong here but doesn't Dion get suspended for an entire season if he fails another test again? Yeah I'll pass. You seem to favor certain people and then ride them like a giddy school girl.

Is this the guy everyone has wanted? I knew he had issues getting on the field...combine that with the off the field stuff....I think I will pass. Even if he does clean up his act nothing has shown he can make a contribution on the field. It would have to be a really low pick to pull the trigger and I doubt Miami will fall for that...he may be a bust but they have too much invested to just give him away.

Isn't treatment detox and rehab? I'm still not sure of the distinction. Unless it means he will stay on site during all phases and Jordan checked himself in to that.

Treatment can be as simple as counseling or group therapy. Rehab generally includes in-patient detox, plus more rigorous counseling and therapy in a more managed environment. It's up to the managing physician to determine whether a person needs to be checked into rehab, though I suppose he can go voluntarily.

Is this the guy everyone has wanted? I knew he had issues getting on the field...combine that with the off the field stuff....I think I will pass. Even if he does clean up his act nothing has shown he can make a contribution on the field. It would have to be a really low pick to pull the trigger and I doubt Miami will fall for that...he may be a bust but they have too much invested to just give him away.

The dude can rush the passer. I think it's a Jerry Hughes kind of situation, where they drafted a guy that doesn't have the size and strength to be a pro DE and are trying to convert him. He should be a stand-up pass rusher, and with coaching he could be a prototypical Rush backer for us. If you've ever watched him play, you see the promise what he can do. 

But now, with the drug issues and him apparently being one mess-up away from a year long suspension (or maybe they'd hit him with 10 games next time, I'm not sure how this new policy is going to work), I'd pass on him as well. Unless they were giving him away for a late round pick, and even then, I wouldn't do that with a month left on his suspension. 

The dude can rush the passer. I think it's a Jerry Hughes kind of situation, where they drafted a guy that doesn't have the size and strength to be a pro DE and are trying to convert him. He should be a stand-up pass rusher, and with coaching he could be a prototypical Rush backer for us. If you've ever watched him play, you see the promise what he can do. 

But now, with the drug issues and him apparently being one mess-up away from a year long suspension (or maybe they'd hit him with 10 games next time, I'm not sure how this new policy is going to work), I'd pass on him as well. Unless they were giving him away for a late round pick, and even then, I wouldn't do that with a month left on his suspension.

sorry haven't seen him play much... Between suspensions and simply in effectiveness he hasn't been on the files much. Not saying he sucks just haven't watched a lot of Miami games and the ones I have he has been out or missing in action.