Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Breaking Down the Colts Offense against the Eagles

BlueShoe

For fans against the Colts using big formations, and playing ground and pound football; well, you may want to look away. As I went through each play and studied the film, one theme was perfectly clear. The Colts love playing big man football, and when challenged, the Colts get even bigger.

Pep Hamilton attempted to play 11 personnel on the first series. They tried running the show with Wayne, Hilton, Nicks, and Allen. We could not run the ball out of the 11 personnel packages, and I believe it is something that we will continue to struggle with. If we cannot find a way to effectively run the ball with 11 personnel then there no will be no point in lining up with three receiver sets. Defenses will know we are not going to run the ball, and we will make our offense one-dimensional.

On the first play of the game the Colts line up with 11 personnel (3WR, 1TE, 1RB), using a conventional offensive line. Luck is in the shotgun, Richardson lines up to Lucks right, Nicks is alone far left, and Hilton and Wayne are bunched right. Luck motions for Allen to move inside. Allen moves inside, then pivots and returns outside setting up next to Wayne.
Click to enlarge

The first play is a designed quick pass to Hilton. Wayne and Allen fire off the ball. Luck turns quickly and tosses the ball toward Hilton. The ball is slightly tipped by #98 Connor Barwin, and Hilton can’t handle it. Wayne either purposely dives to make a block or he loses his footing. Either way, Wayne hits the deck and it was not a good looking block.
Click to enlarge

On the second play, the Colts stay with 11 personnel. Nicks is wide left, Wayne in the slot-left, and Hilton wide right. This is a designed wide run to the strong side.
Click to enlarge

The second play looks like it has a chance until Mychal Kendricks makes his way through the trash, untouched, all the way to Richardson.
Click to enlarge

After the snap, Cherilus, Thornton, and Mewhort pull.
Click to enlarge

Mychal Kendricks blew the play up. I don’t want to take anything away from Kendricks, because he did what he was supposed to do, and a fine job. That said, I think this play fails, mostly because we do not block well enough to run out of 11 personnel sets.
Click to enlarge

Kendricks has a very easy time reading the flow of the run, and staying squared-up againt Richardson. For this play to have a chance, someone needs to get a hat on Kendricks.
Click to enlarge

Next Colts Offensive Series:

After failing to run out of 11 personnel sets, the Colts decide to get a bit bigger. Richardson motions from the slot and sets up behind Luck. Bradshaw is to Luck’s right. Wayne lines up right. Hilton motions tighter inside and sets up next to Allen.
Click to enlarge

Luck gives to Richardson and the run is to the D Gap, between Allen and Hilton. The play results in a very nice 7 yard gain.
Click to enlarge

On 3nd and 3, the Colts get even bigger, and bring in 3 tight ends.
From Luck’s left to right; Doyle, Allen, Cherilus, Thornton, Shipley, Mewhort, Castonzo, and Fleener.
Click to enlarge

Richardson gains 2 yards and brings up an 3rd and 1.
Click to enlarge

Staying true to script, the Colts decide to get even bigger. Welcome to the party, Lance Louis and Mario Harvey. Mario Harvey goes in motion and sets up behind Castonzo.
Click to enlarge

Luck gives to Bradshaw, the Colts block it extremely well, Bradshaw hits the corner, and it is big money for 29 yards on a 3rd and 1.
Click to enlarge

Bottom line is, this is who we are. We play Big Man Football. It is what we do. 

That was the problem, we have between the tackles RB's not CJ Spiller & Shady McCoy

If we line up 3WR with DWAYNE ALLEN at TE cause Fleener can't block if his life depended on it then we'll have success

The Packers do it and I really don't think their oline is worlds better than ours

Big man football is something we want to be able to do effectively as part of our Balanced offense.
So i am glad to see it coming along.
Hilton is a hindrance in the run game and should be used more like he was last season. Less.

I don`t expect Chuck to allow that. Perhaps it can be called the McSele syndrome

Mychal Kendricks blew the play up. I don’t want to take anything away from Kendricks, because he did what he was supposed to do, and a fine job. That said, I think this play fails, mostly because we do not block well enough to run out of 11 personnel sets.

Good work.

On this play, Cherilus blows his block on Trent Cole, who gets into the backfield, and as a result Mewhort doesn't get around fast enough to block Kendricks. This is one man not doing his job. I'd like to see us run the play more, because if Cherilus can seal the outside on his man, Mewhort can handle that linebacker, and there's nothing but green in front of the RB.

Due to alot of early success(aka overachievment), I believe we are just beginning to build our offense. We have the "pieces" to run any offense. But we have to start somewhere.

Somewhere is, and always has been, running the football. I personally do not believe the goal is to be a power running team. I believe the goal is to be able to power run. TY & Coby do not fit that system. They would have the role of the "satelite" players that make it hard for teams to load the box up on.

We have lost our 1st 2 games by a total of 10 pts, and really, if that 1 fumble & that 1 fumble, would have went our way, we could be 2-0. 2 plays.........that's it.

We are in great shape.......unless we do not look better on both ends 2 weeks from now.

Good work.

On this play, Cherilus blows his block on Trent Cole, who gets into the backfield, and as a result Mewhort doesn't get around fast enough to block Kendricks. This is one man not doing his job. I'd like to see us run the play more, because if Cherilus can seal the outside on his man, Mewhort can handle that linebacker, and there's nothing but green in front of the RB.

Thanks.

Running out of 11 personnel is what concerns me the most. 

When we line up with bigger personnel packages, we are dynamic. When we line up lighter and need a hat on a hat, we do not fair as well. 

I agree with you though, if Cherilus makes that block, and Mewhort can get a hat on Kendricks, then Richardson has a cutback lane and is running. 

gallery_3489_401_586420.gif

Thanks.

Running out of 11 personnel is what concerns me the most. 

When we line up with bigger personnel packages, we are dynamic. When we line up lighter and need a hat on a hat, we do not fair as well. 

I agree with you though, if Cherilus makes that block, and Mewhort can get a hat on Kendricks, then Richardson has a cutback lane and is running. 

The bolded is mostly what I was responding to. Obviously, it's a little tougher to run with 11 personnel. But the failure on that play in particular wasn't about personnel, it was about execution at the point of attack. No matter what personnel we have, we need our RT to block the lineman he's responsible for. It's not like we had a WR missing a block on a LB.

I think it's absolutely critical that we're able to run with 11 personnel. If we can -- and it probably won't be as effective as 12 personnel, but that's okay -- then it will open the rest of the field up. Then it's about our route combinations and getting the ball to our receivers. Maybe some play action... Pep willing. 

Due to alot of early success(aka overachievment), I believe we are just beginning to build our offense. We have the "pieces" to run any offense. 

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but want to add to one point that you made.

When you said, "we have the pieces to run any offense", you are absolutely correct.

The conundrum is what offense do we run? The fans do not want to see triple tight end sets, fullbacks, unbalanced lines with 8 offensive lineman, and so on. But that is who we are.

Colts fans are used to 4,000 yards passing and electrifying offense plays. That is not who we are anymore.

I believe the biggest adjustment that needs to be made is by the Colts fans.

Pep Hamilton wants to run the ball, and he is not giving up on his offensive philosophy. Watching all of the pieces in Pep's bigger formations are intriguing. I don't think too many teams in the NFL are doing the things that Pep is doing. 

I think it's absolutely critical that we're able to run with 11 personnel. 

I agree and that is my point. If we cannot effectively run with 11 personnel then we might as well not even line up with three or more receivers. I would not be surprised if every defensive coordinator in the league is already aware that we are struggling to run out of 11 personnel, and that we are completely one-dimensional when we have three or more receivers on the field.

One thing that is becoming more apparent though, is that we are improving in Pep Hamilton's offense. I believe Pep's offense is going to change the way Colts fans watch a game, and the average Colts fans football IQ is going to go up.

My question is, from that 11 personnel configuration that you showed first wouldn't have been better to pass the ball instead of running, especially since that linebacker was committed to stopping the run? My guess is a guy like Peyton would have changed that to an intermediate pass.

That is certainly a valid question. The Eagles were in an 7-man front, so they were not selling out to stop the run. However, they did have single coverage on TY.

Play action to TY was absolutely an option on that play.

I agree and that is my point. If we cannot effectively run with 11 personnel then we might as well not even line up with three or more receivers. I would not be surprised if every defensive coordinator in the league is already aware that we are struggling to run out of 11 personnel, and that we are completely one-dimensional when we have three or more receivers on the field.

One thing that is becoming more apparent though, is that we are improving in Pep Hamilton's offense. I believe Pep's offense is going to change the way Colts fans watch a game, and the average Colts fans football IQ is going to go up.

We should be able to run out of 11 personnel by lining up Allen or Doyle either one and having them go up and get a Linebacker and having them use angle blocking instead of having them try to out muscle them, use the TE' agility to our strength. I'd also have Mewhort down block on the NT while pulling Thornton to take guide that penetrating Linebacker(or DT in a 4-3) out of the hole created by the down blocking Mewhort, If Mewhort gets a good pop on that NT then that gives the Center the ability to go up and get that ILB.......Not sure if my description provides the best visual, but on that first run Peps play design called for Allen to block a D Lineman....Not a good matchup on a regular basis...Why not have Allen try to pin that Linebacker he was lined up on (#58) and once he has him discarded or no longer a threat then get up on that flowing Linebacker (#95 in that 1st run plays case) then Trent or Bradshaw just has to beat #59

Anyone who supports the garbage we saw on Monday should maybe get used to us losing.  I am all for running the ball I am not all for running the ball using for lack of a better explanation the same play every time and that is what we did.  We have an excellent QB, we have excellent WR and we have Bradshaw who can run, block and catch the ball in space or wherever for that matter.   Yet we watch time and time again a boring, predictable offense that has produced mediocre results.  Most coaches would kill to have what we have as far as talent excluding the OL yet we squander it.

I normally try not to be this harsh and look at things a little more objectively but if we continue this way we are sure going to win the division but we will NEVER win a superbowl. 

I was more than happy to give our staff the benefit of the doubt and still am however after all the conservative coaching we have had to put up with as a fan base my patience is wearing thin.

I hope this staff and team proves me wrong because I want nothing more than to continue our winning ways however we are a very lucky team ( see what I did there ) with all the come from behind wins etc.  At some point we have to play a full game where we actually start well and end well.

Maybe Sunday this will happen but if our norm holds true we will start slow and let the Jags either take a lead or at the very least stay in the game until the end.

Apologies for the Rant but I have wanted to get that out since Monday night and that ridiculous performance I watched.

Now I hope I can contain myself for the rest of the season and be more reasonable because I hate what I just wrote.

Go Colts.

Anyone who supports the garbage we saw on Monday should maybe get used to us losing.  I am all for running the ball I am not all for running the ball using for lack of a better explanation the same play every time and that is what we did.  We have an excellent QB, we have excellent WR and we have Bradshaw who can run, block and catch the ball in space or wherever for that matter.   Yet we watch time and time again a boring, predictable offense that has produced mediocre results.  Most coaches would kill to have what we have as far as talent excluding the OL yet we squander it.

I normally try not to be this harsh and look at things a little more objectively but if we continue this way we are sure going to win the division but we will NEVER win a superbowl. 

I was more than happy to give our staff the benefit of the doubt and still am however after all the conservative coaching we have had to put up with as a fan base my patience is wearing thin.

I hope this staff and team proves me wrong because I want nothing more than to continue our winning ways however we are a very lucky team ( see what I did there ) with all the come from behind wins etc.  At some point we have to play a full game where we actually start well and end well.

Maybe Sunday this will happen but if our norm holds true we will start slow and let the Jags either take a lead or at the very least stay in the game until the end.

Apologies for the Rant but I have wanted to get that out since Monday night and that ridiculous performance I watched.

Now I hope I can contain myself for the rest of the season and be more reasonable because I hate what I just wrote.

Go Colts.

You are certainly entitled to feel the way you do.

I believe that WE as Colts Fans, have a lot to learn about football, especially the way Pep Hamilton wants to play football. He is a visionary, and there is no doubt about that to me. That said, you have to look very closely at the details to appreciate it. It is not a high-flying quick scoring circus that we are used to. This is a controlled offense that methodically marches down the field. Some of these offensive sets, we just don't see very often in the NFL. Yet we are watching them get displayed in our offense as though they are common place in the NFL. 

I believe Pep Hamilton's offense will impact all of us, and change the way we look at football, even if only by default of watching all of the different formations. We Colts fans will learn from Pep Hamilton, because we are walking through a foreign part of the football spectrum.

You are certainly entitled to feel the way you do.

I believe that WE as Colts Fans, have a lot to learn about football, especially the way Pep Hamilton wants to play football. He is a visionary, and there is no doubt about that to me. That said, you have to look very closely at the details to appreciate it. It is not a high-flying quick scoring circus that we are used to. This is a controlled offense that methodically marches down the field. Some of these offensive sets, we just don't see very often in the NFL. Yet we are watching them get displayed in our offense as though they are common place in the NFL. 

I believe Pep Hamilton's offense will impact all of us, and change the way we look at football, even if only by default of watching all of the different formations. We Colts fans will learn from Pep Hamilton, because we are walking through a foreign part of the football spectrum.

Yeah I think your giving Pep an extreme amount of love and credit here that he has not earned. He first has to learn how to use matchups to his advantage before any of that other stuff...Not that his style of offense has all kinds of flaws, It dont necessarily BUT numerous play designs are flawed based on personnel used to execute those play designs, Now Chip Kelly is a visionary

Cherilus was terrible on the first two plays of this game, by the way. The first play, the intended screen pass, he's to cut Barwin, specifically so he can't knock down the pass. He fails, miserably, and a play that had a chance for some yardage never even got started.

I personally think Pep had a good play design on that play with the exception that I think next time I would change it up and have Allen chip Barwin (Or any OLB)just as insurance against a Cherilus whiff on that cut block before having Allen go up and execute his assignment, The play was designed well I thought however, The poor execution ruined that play.  

Yeah I think your giving Pep an extreme amount of love and credit here that he has not earned. He first has to learn how to use matchups to his advantage before any of that other stuff...Not that his style of offense has all kinds of flaws, It dont necessarily BUT numerous play designs are flawed based on personnel used to execute those play designs, Now Chip Kelly is a visionary

We ran the ball 38 times for 169 yards on Monday Night Football against a very good run defense. We were 3 for 4 in the Redzone. We controlled the clock for 36 minutes.

Pep Hamilton should not be a hated man. The problem is that Colts fans are not getting what they are accustomed to. Colts fans are used to a 4,000 yard passer and deep passing plays over the top of the defense.

We ran the ball 38 times for 169 yards on Monday Night Football against a very good run defense. We were 3 for 4 in the Redzone. We controlled the clock for 36 minutes.

Pep Hamilton should not be a hated man. The problem is that Colts fans are not getting what they are accustomed to. Colts fans are used to a 4,000 yard passer and deep passing plays over the top of the defense.

Its not the overall strategy I disagree with its many of his play designs that are simply flawed....He started off pulling Mewhort for example...Not a lot in Philly but prior to that....Its quite clear that Mewhort is not a very mobile O Linemen...Thornton is quite a bit more mobile

Here's an example of a play that I think Luck completely misses on. This is 3rd and goal from the 6. We come out with an empty backfield, and Luck checks to bring Doyle and Bradshaw into a split formation in the backfield. The Eagles kill the blitz and prepare to drop into a zone coverage, only rushing 3. Luck sidesteps a little pressure to the right, and works his progressions back to the right side. As the seas part, he sees Bradshaw standing alone at the 5 yard line, with the nearest defender about 7 yards away. Luck hits Bradshaw, who has had his back to the defense and doesn't know where the defender is, and as he catches the ball, he turns toward the nearest defender, who meets him right at the goal line. Bradshaw gets hit, loses his balance and can't drive forward for the TD (despite normally being a very powerful finisher).

As you can see from the image, though, there is simply no defender around for a mile. Luck could have pulled the ball down and moonwalked into the end zone. 

Now, this wound up being inconsequential, as we went for it on 4th down and scored on a pass to Bradshaw anyways. But these are the plays where I wish Luck would use his legs and run. Not only would it work, but it would stress the defense. Now they have to be more mindful of the QB who will hurt them on the ground.

I have rewind and a lot more. ;)

What play do you have in mind?

Any play that has Coby Fleener blocking at the LOS...for the record I dont necessarily mind Fleener used to block once in a while but use his speed and agility to get up to Linebackers to do it...Don't put him against a D Lineman...Which Pep had a habit of doing in the past, Some of Peps red zone pass plays calling for long route concepts that dont compliment each other, Any play that has Jack Mewhort as your pulling O Lineman.

Family called so I was on the phone, That's why my response was slow

Any play that has Coby Fleener blocking at the LOS...for the record I dont necessarily mind Fleener used to block once in a while but use his speed and agility to get up to Linebackers to do it...Don't put him against a D Lineman...Which Pep had a habit of doing in the past, Some of Peps red zone pass plays calling for long route concepts that dont compliment each other, Any play that has Jack Mewhort as your pulling O Lineman.

Family called so I was on the phone, That's why my response was slow

Actually this will work differently than that. You can give me a play that you do not like the design of, and help me find it by letting me know the quarter and time remaining. 

No problem that it took so long. ;)

Here's an example of a play that I think Luck completely misses on. This is 3rd and goal from the 6. We come out with an empty backfield, and Luck checks to bring Doyle and Bradshaw into a split formation in the backfield. The Eagles kill the blitz and prepare to drop into a zone coverage, only rushing 3. Luck sidesteps a little pressure to the right, and works his progressions back to the right side. As the seas part, he sees Bradshaw standing alone at the 5 yard line, with the nearest defender about 7 yards away. Luck hits Bradshaw, who has had his back to the defense and doesn't know where the defender is, and as he catches the ball, he turns toward the nearest defender, who meets him right at the goal line. Bradshaw gets hit, loses his balance and can't drive forward for the TD (despite normally being a very powerful finisher).

As you can see from the image, though, there is simply no defender around for a mile. Luck could have pulled the ball down and moonwalked into the end zone. 

Now, this wound up being inconsequential, as we went for it on 4th down and scored on a pass to Bradshaw anyways. But these are the plays where I wish Luck would use his legs and run. Not only would it work, but it would stress the defense. Now they have to be more mindful of the QB who will hurt them on the ground.

That play was an awesome chess match.

One small correction is that it was actually Fleener (not Doyle) and Bradshaw who Luck checks with.

Here is the full play:

gallery_3489_401_13540724.gif

Luck probably would have made it had he tucked it and ran, but I don't think it was a given. He might have needed a block from Bradshaw on Kendricks, and also for Nicks to continue to hold his block. Either way, I think there could have been a collision at the goal line. He also had Mewhort leaving the pocket and that might have sent Luck in the end zone untouched. It really is hard to tell, because he passed the ball.

One thing Luck does in this play that might go unnoticed is he gives a little pat on the ball as he is looking at Fleener, Kendricks bit on it, and it created some space between Kendricks and Bradshaw.

Actually this will work differently than that. You can give me a play that you do not like the design of, and help me find it by letting me know the quarter and time remaining. 

No problem that it took so long. ;)

4:02 mark 1st Quarter vs Broncos Reggie Wayne screen pass that called for him to loop around Nicks to the outside......There was off coverage on him

4:02 mark 1st Quarter vs Broncos Reggie Wayne screen pass that called for him to loop around Nicks to the outside......There was off coverage on him

I have it queued up and know the play now. Reggie catches a 3 yard pass on first down and it brings up a 2nd and 7. 

What was it that you did not like about the design?

I have it queued up and know the play now. Reggie catches a 3 yard pass on first down and it brings up a 2nd and 7. 

What was it that you did not like about the design?

The looping around Nicks, I get idea of the play, basically its taking the place of a run play by throwing a quick screen to Wayne to try to get 4 yards, The purpose I agree with, The design not so much, Wayne could have had four yards running a quick hitch and had more if Ward whiffed on a tackle

The looping around Nicks, I get idea of the play, basically its taking the place of a run play by throwing a quick screen to Wayne to try to get 4 yards, The purpose I agree with, The design not so much, Wayne could have had four yards running a quick hitch and had more if Ward whiffed on a tackle

The Broncos loaded the box with an 8 man front. Free safety (Rahim Moore) played single high.

The Colts were trying to pick the nickel (safety T.J. Ward) or get a double block from Nicks. Either one happens and Wayne is off to the races. 

The Broncos loaded the box with an 8 man front. Free safety (Rahim Moore) played single high.

The Colts were trying to pick the nickel (safety T.J. Ward) or get a double block from Nicks. Either one happens and Wayne is off to the races. 

I see that and understand that but my thinking on that play goes back to looking at all that room Wayne had between him and Ward, A simple slant or quick hitch and you have Wayne on Ward with 7 yards of space and in both cases he still has to beat Moore

I see that and understand that but my thinking on that play goes back to looking at all that room Wayne had between him and Ward, A simple slant or quick hitch and you have Wayne on Ward with 7 yards of space and in both cases he still has to beat Moore

There are all kinds of different routes the Colts receivers could have ran. I would stay away from the quick slants to Wayne because of where the linebacker is. Corner routes to either side would work, if the pass protection holds up long enough.

Maybe Luck saw 8 in the box, and went with a quick pass, away from the linebackers. It was a safe choice. 

A very well written and illustrated post, but for the life of me, I can't see how you could possibly characterize this play as "completely missed".

Luck is at the 12 and Bradshaw at the 4 -- and as you said, the nearest defender is 7 yards from Bradshaw.    For Luck to score he would run to the same area of the field where Bradshaw is but cover 3x the yardage.  The DB on Nicks could possibly stop him or the defender who ultimately tackled Bradshaw could have got there before Luck finished moonwalking to the end zone (although maybe Bradshaw turns and blocks him).   If he *didn't* throw it I could see asking why he didn't dump it to Bradshaw who was standing wide open near the end zone with nobody around him.

To say Luck “completely missed” this play seems hypercritical and just wrong.

A very well written and illustrated post, but for the life of me, I can't see how you could possibly characterize this play as "completely missed".

Luck is at the 12 and Bradshaw at the 4 -- and as you said, the nearest defender is 7 yards from Bradshaw. For Luck to score he would run to the same area of the field where Bradshaw is but cover 3x the yardage. The DB on Nicks could possibly stop him or the defender who ultimately tackled Bradshaw could have got there before Luck finished moonwalking to the end zone (although maybe Bradshaw turns and blocks him). If he *didn't* throw it I could see asking why he didn't dump it to Bradshaw who was standing wide open near the end zone with nobody around him.

To say Luck “completely missed” this play seems hypercritical and just wrong.

Bradshaw had no idea where the nearest defender was, as his back was turned. He had to wait for the ball, turn around, and start running again. Luck could have tucked the ball, run, had a head of steam and two blockers, and would have waltzed into the end zone.

It is important for Luck to abuse defenses when they forget about his ability to run the football. If he does, it will change the way defenses play us.

What I think Superman is saying here is if Luck uses his feet more out of these empty sets it will force the defense to devote a man solely for the coverage of Luck which will create bigger holes in the passing game for us to exploit.  I think the pass to Bradshaw on the goal line was sufficient and he should have certainly scored, but I do see where Superman is coming from as well.

Bradshaw had no idea where the nearest defender was, as his back was turned. He had to wait for the ball, turn around, and start running again. Luck could have tucked the ball, run, had a head of steam and two blockers, and would have waltzed into the end zone.

It is important for Luck to abuse defenses when they forget about his ability to run the football. If he does, it will change the way defenses play us.

You're assuming Bradshaw turns and makes the block at the same time you're saying Bradshaw has no idea where the nearest defender is.  You could be right about Luck scoring but it still seems like a huge overstatement to say he "completely missed" on this play.

You don't miss on many Superman but you completely missed on this one :)

It is not a matter of getting 4000 yards etc. it is a matter of playing to the strengths of the personnel you have.  I like to run the ball but I prefer the passing attack which is obvious by many of my posts.  All that said you must be able to do both and not be stubbornly committed to doing just one of them which is in my opinion where Pep and Chuck fall flat they want to be known as a running team we do not have the personnel to be a true running team.  Secondly when you play an offense like Philly, Denver and others in the league playing keep away only delays the inevitable on most days and that is you lose as seen Monday night.  We actually ran the ball well enough Monday that we could have exploited the Eagles secondary with our passing game and the threat of the run instead of just lining up and saying we are going to run and then predictably running to the left side of the formation time and time again.

I guess my point is running is good, passing is good but we need to do a better job of being more diverse in our play calling at least in my opinion.  We also need to do something when we get the ball first we seem to flounder on our early possessions and this goes back to last year also, playing from behind is a recipe for disaster.

I hope we get it going we are 0-2 and lucky we are in a weak division.  Hopefully we turn this thing around starting this weekend but a division game is never a given no matter how bad we think the Jags are.  I believe we will win our division and most likely end up in a wild card spot once again so I guess I should really complain to much.

All that said Pep and Chuck and the rest of the staff have forgotten more about football than most of us "experts" could ever hope to know.  I am just happy we have a forum to vent on and have these discussions and that we are not actually running the team because what a mess that would be!  :D