• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think this is because:

1) Holmes isn't 100%

2) Colts are trying to keep continuity 

3) Colts think Shipley > Holmes 

I'm seriously asking because I can't figure it out. 

Pagano said he doesn't want to throw Holmes to the wolves if he's not 100%.

“Like anybody else coming off an injury, whatever it is, I’m not going to just throw a kid to the wolves if he’s not 100 percent and ready to play.”

I also think continuity has something to do with it.

I'm not sure they think Shipley is better than Holmes, but I do think they like how Shipley has played so far. Pagano said that as well.

“We can play winning football with A.Q.”

That's all from the link in the OP.

1) Holmes isn't 100%

I think it's a combo of 1 and 3. Holmes could probably start if they were desperate, but Shipley has played well so they feel comfortable letting Holmes take his time.

1) Holmes isn't 100%

It's really strange, especially since Holmes was getting the bulk of reps in practice according to the practice thread earlier this week. Why is Shipley getting the nod over him? 

If I had to take a crack at it though, I'd say Holmes isn't super 100%, and they feel Shipley is a good enough replacement that he can sit until he has completely back without much dropoff.

“Like anybody else coming off an injury, whatever it is, I’m not going to just throw a kid to the wolves if he’s not 100 percent and ready to play.”

I'm not sure they think Shipley is better than Holmes, but I do think they like how Shipley has played so far. Pagano said that as well.

That's such jive (really loving that word now), they threw Greg Toler to the wolves in the Playoff game vs the Chiefs.

Ray Charles could've seen Toler wasn't at 100%

1) Holmes isn't 100%

1. It's a 4-6 week injury, he should be 100% by now with the medical treatments you get in the NFL

2. Offensive line was solid games 1 & 2

3. Shipley has been proving that he can make things happen when you move him from G to C since the Satele days

That's such jive (really loving that word now), they threw Greg Toler to the wolves in the Playoff game vs the Chiefs.

Ray Charles could've seen Toler wasn't at 100%

So they made a mistake, and that means that now they're lying?  You ever stop to think that maybe the Toler situation is part of the reason they've reached this decision on Holmes?

Also, they eased Toler back in over the course of three weeks. He played 7 snaps in Week 16, 19 snaps in Week 17, then he started the playoff game. It could be argued that this is the same formula with Holmes. 

So they made a mistake, and that means that now they're lying? You ever stop to think that maybe the Toler situation is part of the reason they've reached this decision on Holmes?

Also, they eased Toler back in over the course of three weeks. He played 7 snaps in Week 16, 19 snaps in Week 17, then he started the playoff game. It could be argued that this is the same formula with Holmes.

All I'm saying is, be honest & tell it how it is

If the man had a setback, then say so

If the man isn't on schedule like he should be, then say so

But don't keep saying "Oh, we'll monitor him through the week and see what we have"

Just be upfront with it, makes life so much easier

All I'm saying is, be honest & tell it how it is

If the man had a setback, then say so

If the man isn't on schedule like he should be, then say so

But don't keep saying "Oh, we'll monitor him through the week and see what we have"

Just be upfront with it, makes life so much easier

You have no reason to believe that they aren't being honest about Holmes' status.

Pagano is a serial pumper.

You have no reason to believe that they aren't being honest about Holmes' status.

Saying they'll monitor him isn't exactly a confident answer

That's in between the fact that he is practicing but they're trying to determine if he'll be able to hold up in the game action

Basically a "on the fence" answer instead of just giving it to us straight

Personally, I don't care if Holmes starts again cause Shipley has been solid. Holmes can be the backup for all I care.

But I don't like the beating around the bush answers/progress reports we're getting on the guy

1. It's a 4-6 week injury, he should be 100% by now with the medical treatments you get in the NFL

2. Offensive line was solid games 1 & 2

3. Shipley has been proving that he can make things happen when you move him from G to C since the Satele days

He was very weak last game. A big UGH if he is starting.

Please pay attention to his very limited skill set.

He was very weak last game. A big UGH if he is starting.

Please pay attention to his very limited skill set.

False

:scorebad:

Interior line was solid last game (Did I really just say that?)

That middle blitz the Eagles kept running over & over only worked a few times. Communication was there on the offensive line and worked beautifully.

Now, the results of the plays are a different story

Saying they'll monitor him isn't exactly a confident answer

That's in between the fact that he is practicing but they're trying to determine if he'll be able to hold up in the game action

Basically a "on the fence" answer instead of just giving it to us straight

Personally, I don't care if Holmes starts again cause Shipley has been solid. Holmes can be the backup for all I care.

But I don't like the beating around the bush answers/progress reports we're getting on the guy

What are you talking about?

What did you want to hear from Pagano? He has a player coming back from an injury, and they're not ready to put him back in the starting lineup yet. We have the luxury of an experienced vet who has been playing decent in Holmes' absence. So what exactly was Pagano supposed to say or do? 

I heard he had to have hit foot amputated and replaced with a robotic foot... theyre just waiting on the implant to mesh with the living tissue before they put him back out there.... thats what I heard...

Interesting....... Cause my inside source told me he had to get 2 left feet

Gonna have to hire myself another source

:groan:

What are you talking about?

What did you want to hear from Pagano? He has a player coming back from an injury, and they're not ready to put him back in the starting lineup yet. We have the luxury of an experienced vet who has been playing decent in Holmes' absence. So what exactly was Pagano supposed to say or do?

Pagano is supposed to say what the real deal is

Examples:

Healthy Example: "Holmes is right on track, making good process, expecting him back in a few days/weeks"

Setback Example: "Homles had a setback on the injury and may take longer to recover than expected when the injury first occurred"

Is that so hard to do as a coach?

Interesting....... Cause my inside source told me he had to get 2 left feet

Gonna have to hire myself another source

:groan:

Well I dont know where your RIDICULOUS source comes from... 2 left feet?  Seriously?  PPPSSSSHHHHH.... that'd be like the Colts starting a subpar center 2 years in a row when they had 2 other options they could have started that proved they were better than the starter.... LUDACRIS!!

Examples:

Healthy Example: "Holmes is right on track, making good process, expecting him back in a few days/weeks"

Setback Example: "Homles had a setback on the injury and may take longer to recover than expected when the injury first occurred"

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Chuck-Pagano-on-Friday-Injury-ReportCenter-Update/3ed2cfbf-1e43-46c2-8488-5232b6b41b70

Well I dont know where your RIDICULOUS source comes from... 2 left feet? Seriously? PPPSSSSHHHHH.... that'd be like the Colts starting a subpar center 2 years in a row when they had 2 other options they could have started that proved they were better than the starter.... LUDACRIS!!

You call that ludacris? Pshh, that's nothing

Keeping an UDFA who's over hyped by fans on their 53 man roster as the #6 WR would be far worse than that

Examples:

I think they want AQ Shipley to start because it's working.. pretty sure the coaches wouldn't have Holmes listed as probable and have 3 full practices if he wasn't as close to 100% as possible.

You call that ludacris? Pshh, that's nothing

Keeping an UDFA who's over hyped by fans on their 53 man roster as the #6 WR would be far worse than that

WOAH WOAH WOAH!   Now hold on a minute there buddy... that's just crossing the line!  Didnt you know that within every UDFA lies a HOFer waiting to explode onto the scene??!  I mean just look at... ummm... hmmm... Ok I can't think of one right now...but that DOESNT mean that it can't happen!! 

If you want to talk INSANE lets talk about an OC that fails to adjust to the defense during a crucial part of the game and stubbornly runs out of the same formation, to the same side of the line, over and over and over again... and then is surprised when it stops working... THAT would NEVER happen on THIS Colts team!

Already seen the Injury Video, I don't watch the full presser. Thankfully colts.com breaks the presser into sections

Pagano didn't seem confident is my point

He's listed as probable and if you watch up until the point where the reporter asked if Holmes would start he was confident voice. Once that question came up, he took a step back and started saying if

I don't believe his ankle is healthy. If I had to guess, I'd say 75% if even that the way they're talking

I think they want AQ Shipley to start because it's working.. pretty sure the coaches wouldn't have Holmes listed as probable and have 3 full practices if he wasn't as close to 100% as possible.

:clap:

Finally someone who gets it!

That's exactly what it is so why not just say that?

Is he afraid of the media?

All you have to say is

"Shipley has had the hot hand, so we're riding that until otherwise."

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Now hold on a minute there buddy... that's just crossing the line! Didnt you know that within every UDFA lies a HOFer waiting to explode onto the scene??! I mean just look at... ummm... hmmm... Ok I can't think of one right now...but that DOESNT mean that it can't happen!!

If you want to talk INSANE lets talk about an OC that fails to adjust to the defense during a crucial part of the game and stubbornly runs out of the same formation, to the same side of the line, over and over and over again... and then is surprised when it stops working... THAT would NEVER happen on THIS Colts team!

Pshh, that's child's play

It'd be worse if there was a DC who worked in Indy that didn't let a Top 10 CB (arguably top 5) shadow the opponents #1 WR every game all game. And also didn't make up creative blitzes to make up for the loss of the NFL's sack leader from just a year ago

Now that..... That would be crazy if that happened

If we lose against Jacksonville, I doubt the difference will be the center, and I'm sure that the coaches think the same thing. No need to rush him back. If it is because the coaches think Shipley is just better than Holmes, that makes me sad, but I want to see the team succeed. So whatever works. 

If we lose against Jacksonville, I doubt the difference will be the center, and I'm sure that the coaches think the same thing. No need to rush him back. If it is because the coaches think Shipley is just better than Holmes, that makes me sad, but I want to see the team succeed. So whatever works.

NFL is a business, that old saying "You can't lose your job to an injury" doesn't apply in the NFL anymore

We seen it happen to Alex Smith, now we're probably gonna see it happen to Holmes

Already seen the Injury Video, I don't watch the full presser. Thankfully colts.com breaks the presser into sections

Pagano didn't seem confident is my point

He's listed as probable and if you watch up until the point where the reporter asked if Holmes would start he was confident voice. Once that question came up, he took a step back and started saying if

I don't believe his ankle is healthy. If I had to guess, I'd say 75% if even that the way they're talking

Pagano said very clearly that Shipley is going to start, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Also, you have zero information on which to base your 75% claim. It's silly. The whole point is that they want to take it slow -- which is in keeping with what the team has done throughout the offseason and preseason and up until now. Pagano said that if Holmes dresses on Sunday, they'll try to work him in for a few snaps. 

There's nothing unclear about what Pagano has said regarding Holmes. He said they're confident in Shipley, and they want to be cautious with Holmes. This isn't rocket science. I don't know what else you'd want to see or hear. You're making something out of nothing.

Pagano said very clearly that Shipley is going to start, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Also, you have zero information on which to base your 75% claim. It's silly. The whole point is that they want to take it slow -- which is in keeping with what the team has done throughout the offseason and preseason and up until now. Pagano said that if Holmes dresses on Sunday, they'll try to work him in for a few snaps.

There's nothing unclear about what Pagano has said regarding Holmes. He said they're confident in Shipley, and they want to be cautious with Holmes. This isn't rocket science. I don't know what else you'd want to see or hear. You're making something out of nothing.

It's just not adding up. If he's probable...... Why isn't he starting?

Doesn't probable mean you're basically playing barring any random setback?

What happened to all that "Holmes is the future, Holmes is our guy" praise?

If he's our guy, why isn't he getting his starting job back from a guy we just traded last season and was cut this season? If he can go, why isn't he gonna start?

You wouldn't see the Falcons list Julio as probable but come gameday they let Douglas start in place of Julio. Julio is their guy, and he will play if he's able

The praise was so high for Holmes in the offseason now it seems to have simmered down

But it is what it is........... I say we ride Shipley the whole season cause it's been working

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

1) Holmes isn't 100%

I'd say it's most likely #1 but possibly a combination of #1 and #2.