Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pagano and anybody else involved in the decision to not allow Trent to travel, much less play, is a born again *. The Colts have the leagues worst run blocking offensive line. The 50 or 60 yards rushing they had and won with last week will not get it done against New England, Seattle or Green Bay. It doesn't matter who is running the ball, even Dallas' Murray or Green Bay's Eddie Lacy - nobody is going to run behind the Colt's o'line. It appears to me that since Trent has had problems getting yards on the ground that Luck has pretty much forgotten about him. Over and over and over again I have watched Trent make his block, release and run into an open spot in the flat, only to have Luck ignore him and force an incomplete pass to a covered receiver. It has happened so much that I finally got fed up with it and stopped watching the Colts altogether. This type of stupid situation will hurt the confidence and motivation of any player. Now comes this absurd mess with Trent and the playoffs. Who's the real * here? Not hard to figure that out. He is being replaced with any one of 3 nobodies who are doing no better than him. He has a guaranteed salary of 3.25 million dollars through next year. So now a 3.25 million dollar player can go home, grab a beer, put his feet up , kick back and watch the Colts get their butts handed to them by New England. And if not, then absolutely by the NFC Champion in the Super Bowl. AND he doesn't have to take a licking by the opponents defense or freeze his butt off. He can basically kick back and suck the Colts dry for another year, take free agency and then you can damn well bet sign with someone else for another fortune. All I'm going to say is that the Colt's are super stupid and Trent is making out like a bandit. Good for him!

From your name and your deep unconditional Trent love, looks like you are an Alabama fan 1st and who knows where the Colt's rank.  I assume not that highly, if you stopped watching the Colts over what they did to an over hyped bust RB. If his confidence is rattled as easily as you suggest than he is too mentally soft to play in the NFL.  You care way too much, go put on some old Alabama games and relive Trent's glory days because he is never going to run like that in the NFL I am sure you will enjoy watching him sit on the bench after his rookie contract (If any team even bothers with him).

Trent is a power runner, and he's pretty fast once he gets up to speed. He's a Ford Excursion with a passing gear. No one has ever accused him of being a Ferrari. He needs a hole to get to the second level and then if he can't get by or juke you, he will run you over. He didn't set a Cleveland rookie record behind what was a worse o'line than Indy, if he couldn't run. With the right team he would be a terror. It is not his fault that both Cleveland and Indy's coaches were too dumb to understand that they needed an RB with flash like Lacy or Murray, and not a Bus. And for your info, I am not a trent lover. Simply, I can see what the problem is, and it's not all Trent's fault. I am a fan of Shaun Alexander and Eddie Lacy. Neither Shawn nor Eddie are true Ferrari's, but Shawn was and Eddie is a Corvette fitted with a Snow Plow. But Indy's o'line would probably get them both killed.

"Trent is a power runner, and he's pretty fast once he gets up to speed" - Too bad the plays over by the time he gets up to speed.

"He's a Ford Excursion with a passing gear." - A ford excursion that stutters and stalls while trying to pass

"if he can't get by or juke you, he will run you over" - Juke ... juke and trent in same sentence...now thats just funny! --- He isn't running anyone over he doesn't have near the power of backs much smaller than him

"He didn't set a Cleveland rookie record behind what was a worse o'line than Indy, if he couldn't run" - Clevelands line was not worse than Indys .... do you watch much football??

"It is not his fault" - Its never his fault, there is always someone making lame excuses for him.

"I am not a trent lover." - yes you are, trent or trent/Alabama otherwise you would not have went on this tirade 

Since this is post game and I am sure you are relishing in the Colts defeat, just remember The Colts will still be going to the playoffs long after Trent is out of the league hanging out on the couch like every other NFL bust and cuddling his Alabama blankie remembering the good old days when he was relevant!

Sympathy to him and his family. I hate to ask but what if anything would we save by cutting him next year? At this point he is taking up a valuable roster spot and providing no benefit. I hoped for the best but this one just didn't work out. Anyone know the cap implications?

Sympathy to him and his family. I hate to ask but what if anything would we save by cutting him next year? At this point he is taking up a valuable roster spot and providing no benefit. I hoped for the best but this one just didn't work out. Anyone know the cap implications?

Cutting him is a 3.18 million $$ dead cap hit if we cut him before the end of next season, but might be worth it for the roster spot.

They will probably give him a weight goal and tell him that he has to meet it to play. If he shows up too big then they can always say he didn't pass the physical.

I don't see them cutting him outright, not the front office and coaching staff who handed him a starting role and refused to pull him for weeks even though he wasn't producing.

unless they can find someone who will trade for him. but i doubt that happens

One can hope for a Donald Brown-esq showing in a contract year.  That's about the only hope he has at this point.  We could always cut him anyway for the roster spot and just hope that someone claims him off waivers.  But that's pretty risky, too.  Personally, I don't care, I've moved on as I think everyone else has as well, including Colts FO.  But if he's here next year, I'd hate to have a $3 million bench warmer.  The least they c ould do is have a Colts fan appreciation day and have him out there washing everyone's cars or something where he's pretty sedentary - don't want to have to wait too long for him to get there if any sort of appreciable distance needs to be covered.

unless they can find someone who will trade for him. but i doubt that happens

Yeah that aint happening. I was hopeful but always wary....sadly I think the team has moved on. I can't see us keeping him...I know we don't save anything but we can set an example by letting him go to some others on the team that we don't just keep first RDers or anyone because of their name. Clearly he has had issues with the staff etc...he is a distraction and simply addition by subtraction at this point. Hopefully we find someone to bring in that can give us what Bradshaw did....can run and CATCH. I liked Booms vision and running style but he doesn't seem to be comfortable catching the ball out of the backfield. I have a hard time seeing Vick or Ahmad back with us. This isn't a team trying to be competitive...this is a team trying to win a championship...we need guys we can count on in December and January...but I like their skill sets.

I think his family emergency was an excuse not to show up after shooting his mouth off about never being benched again.

He supposedly didn't remember to call the team when it happened but did remember to call the media. Then to never actually say what the medical emergency was .... Highly suspect IMO.

Trent's done in the NFL

There's really no big mystery here. he was throwing a tantrum because he got scratched after he he came out talking big about how it would never happen again.  He's a whiny diva on top of being a useless bust RB.  Hopefully, they cut him and just eat his salary; I would rather have the roster spot.

So even if they won the game and moved on Trent wouldn't be taking the field this season.

I don't buy the sick relative thing, he would have came out and said what happened if it was real. He knows the world thinks hes a bum at this point so if he had any excuses to play then he would have.

Honestly, how many snaps do you think he would've had this past season if one of those guys were the coach? I think they either would've cut him or traded him for whatever pick they could get during training camp. That in my opinion is the biggest difference between who's playing this wk, and who's watching.

Im listening to Peter King talking about Pete Carroll's competition Wednesdays and what he witnessed. Im in awe.