Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what Trent Richardson averaged Sat. night vs. the Giants. Eight of his carries went for 13 yards! I didn't see the game, but it doesn't matter. That performance or lack thereof is not going to get it done.

Its pre-season, Cut him some slack the O-Line is still trying to gel and not to mention they are without 2 starters on the line.

As another pizza box is stacked on top of the other seven......the rest of the computer deck is strewn with empty cans and wrappers, the poster pushes some garbage to the floor to make room for three day old stocking feet.........My work is done, I have caused yet more disruption and life is good. 

That is an excuse im a colts fa too but that is an excuse that's why the colts need to use that next man up thing missing people is not a valid excuse not to perform the way you are expected too.

Look, we can be hard on Trent all we want, but there's no denying that he had no where to go for the most part. In reality it's way too early to start judging how he is playing.

Its amazing how Colt fan's keep making excuses for Richardson just hope Grigson does not trade another 1st again. We should have kept Brown as I said all along you had Bradshaw and Ballard both coming of injuries what where they thinking :scratch:

UGH...  We got Richardson for essentially the same draft pick as Brown.   Richardson has been performing about as well as Brown did as a rookie...  Lets just see if he out performs Browns year 2 this year before we rush to judgement. 

I would just like to express my appreciation to the mods for putting all the TR whining posts into one thread.  Now if those certain posters would just confine their TR whines to this thread. :goodluck:

we did this last year and let it drop because the discussion tapered off

Now as fate would have it.......we have a lot of trich talk again so, we have a new thread.  

So if you don't want to hear trich talk, you should steer clear of this thread.  If you want to talk about nothing but trich.......you should do it all here

Wow...You know a player is disappointing when the forum mods have to make a special thread just to confine all the complaints on how bad he is doing.  That in and of itself is not what you want to ever see concerning a player we traded a first round pick for. 

That said...if Trent shows out this season and makes us doubters eat our words then I'll happily eat my crow with some chilli & cheese fries. So come on Trent...make me do it...I dare ya.  :whatever:

I will only comment about Trent Richardson here. Unfortunately, I made a post about his lack of production elsewhere and it took over a thread. I have apologized for that. Now, the question is when do we finally admit that TR is not an NFL caliber running back and that he could be replaced with better production by just about any journeyman running back? In the off season I kept hearing that TR was going to have a great year (I saw mention of 1200 yards) and that all he needed was a training camp. I didn't buy it then and I sure don't buy it now. The Colts keep trying to justify trading a first round pick for him but it won't work. They may start him at the beginning of the season but he will work his way to the bottom of the depth charts in no time, just like he did last year. I don't hate Trent or dislike him at all. But the fact is that he carries a football like it was an anvil and he just doesn't gain enough yards per carry to justify starting. I want to see what the other backs can do behind this horrible line and awful scheme by Pep (that is sarcasm for those who don't catch it) and I will bet that they gain more yards per carry that Richardson. But, who doesn't?

Wow...You know a player is disappointing when the forum mods have to make a special thread just to confine all the complaints on how bad he is doing.  That in and of itself is not what you want to ever see concerning a player we traded a first round pick for. 

That said...if Trent shows out this season and makes us doubters eat our words then I'll happily eat my crow with some chilli & cheese fries. So come on Trent...make me do it...I dare ya.  :whatever:

Me too. Go, Trent, and show us something.

I will only comment about Trent Richardson here. Unfortunately, I made a post about his lack of production elsewhere and it took over a thread. I have apologized for that. Now, the question is when do we finally admit that TR is not an NFL caliber running back and that he could be replaced with better production by just about any journeyman running back? In the off season I kept hearing that TR was going to have a great year (I saw mention of 1200 yards) and that all he needed was a training camp. I didn't buy it then and I sure don't buy it now. The Colts keep trying to justify trading a first round pick for him but it won't work. They may start him at the beginning of the season but he will work his way to the bottom of the depth charts in no time, just like he did last year. I don't hate Trent or dislike him at all. But the fact is that he carries a football like it was an anvil and he just doesn't gain enough yards per carry to justify starting. I want to see what the other backs can do behind this horrible line and awful scheme by Pep (that is sarcasm for those who don't catch it) and I will bet that they gain more yards per carry that Richardson. But, who doesn't?

Matt Forte has a negative ypc this preseason BUST

If you don't see the differences between Forte and Richardson ......

Sometimes you gotta take off the blue glasses.

Proven player vs. 3rd year player who gets more excuses then yards.

Forte might very well suck this season, but much like the Lynch comparisons, it has nothing to do with Trent. You are trying real hard, and that's admirable, but it is also sad that you should even have to do so for a player taken so highly in the draft.

But he doesn't have a history of that in the past. TR does and shows no signs of improvement. It is very simple in my mind. All other running backs put us decent yards per carry numbers but TR, therefore it is the fault of the offensive line? I am sorry but that just doesn't compute for me. He will be a fill in if someone (anyone) is injured but he is not going to be the number one running back after a few games.

Forte might very well suck this season, but much like the Lynch comparisons, it has nothing to do with Trent. You are trying real hard, and that's admirable, but it is also sad that you should even have to do so for a player taken so highly in the draft.

The point is it's preseason. Wait until the coaches are actually game planning... No starting rbs are ruining wild at this point

But he doesn't have a history of that in the past. TR does and shows no signs of improvement. It is very simple in my mind. All other running backs put us decent yards per carry numbers but TR, therefore it is the fault of the offensive line? I am sorry but that just doesn't compute for me. He will be a fill in if someone (anyone) is injured but he is not going to be the number one running back after a few games.

he had about the same ypc as herron and tipton in the giants game. Maybe you should watch the games

he had about the same ypc as herron and tipton in the giants game. Maybe you should watch the games

I would love to if they are televised in my area. Otherwise I just look at the box scores and watch the commentary on Yahoo. I'll get more games when the season starts. Feeds will be more available. I did watch him all last year and, quite frankly, he sucked....

So everyone sucked. That's a relief.

All kidding aside though, all indications seem to point to Richardson being pretty much the same guy as last season. Even guys who were on the fence about him are starting to think he is a bust. You may want to think twice about supporting him vocally too much, could ruin your future credibility if he does indeed stink once again.

You don't wanna be the guy who everyone laughs at and says "he thought Richardson would be good". Nobody deserves that kinda humiliation and bullying.

So everyone sucked. That's a relief.

All kidding aside though, all indications seem to point to Richardson being pretty much the same guy as last season. Even guys who were on the fence about him are starting to think he is a bust. You may want to think twice about supporting him vocally too much, could ruin your future credibility if he does indeed stink once again.

You don't wanna be the guy who everyone laughs at and says "he thought Richardson would be good". Nobody deserves that kinda humiliation and bullying.

Credibility? Lol, welcome to the internet. Where you'll change your screen name when Trent proves you wrong. Or I'll keep posting and cheering for the Colts if I'm wrong.

Contrary to the gravity you seem to give the situation, the cure for cancer does not hang in the balance of this exchange. Don't be such a drama queen.

Credibility? Lol, welcome to the internet. Where you'll change your screen name when Trent proves you wrong. Or I'll keep posting and cheering for the Colts if I'm wrong.

Contrary to the gravity you seem to give the situation, the cure for cancer does not hang in the balance of this exchange. Don't be such a drama queen.

We are all cheering for the Colts but I don't expect to be proved wrong about Trent. I will celebrate and eat an entire crow if he does. The cure for cancer is to cut it out and that is what they will eventually do with TR. Perhaps not this year but he won't be getting a new contract from anyone unless he makes an amazing turn around. But, don't worry, the other running backs will gain yardage.

If Richardson only carried twice in the giants game his ypc would have been good to. The point is the sample size is too small to judge

Yes, if you could only take two out of ten of his carries, he would look good. Unfortunately, he did carry the ball those other eight times and he did nothing. So, you are talking about a running back that can gain decent yards 20% of the time. I doubt that his percentage is really that high but whatever you say.

why do you think Forte may very well suck this season? I have interest in his production just wondering what you saw to make you say that?

why do you think Forte may very well suck this season? I have interest in his production just wondering what you saw to make you say that?

I have no opinion on him sucking or otherwise. It was pointed out that he had worse numbers then Richardson. I am of the firm belief that Richardson will continue sucking, I only referenced Forte possibly sucking because of the Richardson comparison.

Apples and oranges if you ask me, the same as comparing Lynch to Richardson.

I would love to if they are televised in my area. Otherwise I just look at the box scores and watch the commentary on Yahoo. I'll get more games when the season starts. Feeds will be more available. I did watch him all last year and, quite frankly, he sucked.... 

I am guessing you have a computer since you are in forum right now. You can get every game you want to see free. I am at work can't access that from this computer....  don't want to try.  I'll send you a link  later tonight. I am in Alaska I can get on line.

I wish the NFL had the same set up as the NBA. I just spend the money on that. I get all 82 Pacers games plus 4 other teams full season on the big screen. It is really reasonable too considering the amount of games you get. You can go back and watch them over if you want.

The Colts its only 16 games I usually just hit the bar every Sunday or the free site. The NFL free sites can be very frustrating with the buffering. NFL wants an arm and a leg or they did the last time I looked. There was no option to just buy one team.