Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Everything Trent Richardson [Merge]

LordHelpOurColts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it is only preseason but still in general the run game scares me.

But, what can we expect at times? There is a solid chance Trent will never give us what we want in the run game. So we have to deal with it.....and suck it up and hope the backup RBs stay healthy too.

This team is a solid run game away from being unstoppable on offense. I got my fingers and toes crossed......

You could only be talking about the eight yard scamper...because that's the only play where he had a place to go.

I personally think we need to change the blocking scheme but it wont happen, We will continue to drive block D Linemen to death, We need to use a couple different schemes, I like Angle Blocking

This is what Trent Richardson averaged Sat. night vs. the Giants. Eight of his carries went for 13 yards! I didn't see the game, but it doesn't matter. That performance or lack thereof is not going to get it done.

Walter Payton wouldn't have been able to do much better than that. 

I agree with Gavin about blocking schemes.  Denver's done it for years and it used to make Terrell Davis look great.  He was good, yes, but the blocking scheme got him more yards.  

This is what Trent Richardson averaged Sat. night vs. the Giants. Eight of his carries went for 13 yards! I didn't see the game, but it doesn't matter. That performance or lack thereof is not going to get it done.

All I could get out of this was "I didn't see the game, but it doesn't matter", the rest....

tumblr_lxrc5zVELy1qml74ao1_500.gif

How many more times will this thread be discussed? This must be the 20th thread started over the run game in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Why just keep hashing over the same old things. Lets all just wait to see how the running game is going to work out before firing the whole Colts front office, coaches and medical staff. Oh wait, lets let the trainers go too!

Also doesn't help when we go goal line formation at midfield...

Basically saying "heyyyyyy guysssss just so you know we are going to run the ball with Trent Richardson right here so you all should stack the box and go ahead and send your linebackers. Don't worry about our offensive line either, we won't block you!"

I think that's what I heard them saying anyway..... :)

Oh Boy!!!   Don't get to see enough of this thread topic.  I know, I know, I did not have to click on it, but are there not many other threads in which you could spew your venom toward TR.  

Maybe the mods could just combine the threads into a giant TR whine session.

Oh Boy!!!   Don't get to see enough of this thread topic.  I know, I know, I did not have to click on it, but are there not many other threads in which you could spew your venom toward TR.  

Maybe the mods could just combine the threads into a giant TR whine session.

Isn't that exactly what happened last season? 

This is why we can't have nice things :(

Also doesn't help when we go goal line formation at midfield...

Basically saying "heyyyyyy guysssss just so you know we are going to run the ball with Trent Richardson right here so you all should stack the box and go ahead and send your linebackers. Don't worry about our offensive line either, we won't block you!"

I think that's what I heard them saying anyway..... :)

But, we must impose our will upon the opponent.

Thanks for the laugh

You didn't watch the game -- in all honesty, there probably isn't a back in the league that could have done much better than what T-Rich did -- I am just glad he didn't fumble -- he is getting hit almost before he has time to secure the ball -- nobody in this league is going to shine when they are getting blown up in the back field.

Missing two starters on the O-line, besides, the starters are inexperienced to begin with. I thought Trent ran well when he actually had a place to go.

That is an excuse im a colts fa too but that is an excuse that's why the colts need to use that next man up thing missing people is not a valid excuse not to perform the way you are expected too.

Maybe this is just me, but I don't think I would panic over the run game until a few games into the regular season.  You know when...

1) They actually game plan for an opponent and develop a plan for attacking weaknesses in a defense.

2) Get 40% of their projected starters back into the lineup

Until then, it seems that all the complaining is kind of a waste of time.

Matt Forte -.5 ypc against the jags. He is a total bust

Careful, the Matt Forte apoligists will come after you. I didn't see the Bears game, but the stats confirm that Forte is a terrible player and probably a terrible human being as well.