Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fire Pep

Jeff Tolle

Open up the play book Pep! Quit being a conservative, cautious, predictable, . We have TOO many weapons in our arsenal too run a power run offense, cause we don't have the oline/ backs for it. If he has been paying attention to what the rest of the league is doing........they are throwing the _____ing football......alot. The Eagles loss is solely on Pep ' s sorry ___.

<mod edit on the personal insult of player /coach.

Please refrain in the future as it is against the rules>

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open up the play book Pep! Quit being a conservative, cautious, predictable, scared little girl. We have TOO many weapons in our arsenal too run a power run offense, cause we don't have the oline/ backs for it. If he has been paying attention to what the rest of the league is doing........they are throwing the _____ing football......alot. The Eagles loss is solely on Pep ' s sorry ___.

I agree he seems lost!! I don't think he really knows what he's doing. Yes I agree fire him immediately he calls the stupidest plays.

So let me get this right. Fire the coach who just won a division title? Helped rebuild a 2-14 team to two 11-5 record team that advanced last season to a playoff win. Fire the head coach who for the first time lost back to back games after playing two of the top teams in the NFL. This is a joke? right? You cant be serious. Never have I witnessed such a bunch of crying and whining fans in any forum. Always seeing nothing but negative while completely overlooking anything positive.

Lost by 10 to two of the best teams in the league, and could easily be 2-0 right now. Yeah fire him. The offense has scored 0 points, and dear lord can Pep not throw a pass. You know what while we are at it fire the girl at Wendy's who gave me a Sweet Tea instead of an Unsweet Tea. Lets not stop there, I say fire every teacher who has a student that doesn't get an A. Oh and the student who doesn't get an A? Yeah fire him too. Fire every single person who has ever come to work in a bad mood, and fire every parent that allows their kids to listen to Metal! (That's the Devil's music folks!)

Nothing I said was more over the top than anything the Pvt. Hudson's of the forum have said. (If you don't get the reference Google it, and watch a movie every 20 years or so.)

So let me get this right. Fire the coach who just won a division title? Helped rebuild a 2-14 team to two 11-5 record team that advanced last season to a playoff win. Fire the head coach who for the first time lost back to back games after playing two of the top teams in the NFL. This is a joke? right? You cant be serious. Never have I witnessed such a bunch of crying and whining fans in any forum. Always seeing nothing but negative while completely overlooking anything positive.

Don't kid yourself..... This would be a 7-9 team if even that without Andrew Luck

He's the reason for the 11-5 seasons

People are entitled as fans to "cry and whine" all they want.  Furthermore, this is a message board which should welcome intelligent discussion. You think Pep is a good offensive coordinator-- others, like myself, disagree. That doesn't make us "whiners" as you termed it.

As for the substance of your post, I'll give credit to Pep for actually adapting the team to his personnel late in the season after all the injuries (although this is what should be EXPECTED from a NFL coordinator), but you make it sound like he is the primary reason the team won a division title. The main reasons were 1. Andrew Luck and 2. the AFC South flat out sucked outside of the Colts. Pep Hamilton has done diddly-squat so far this year for the team, outside of being stubborn and calling bone-headed plays.

Open up the play book Pep! Quit being a conservative, cautious, predictable, . We have TOO many weapons in our arsenal too run a power run offense, cause we don't have the oline/ backs for it. If he has been paying attention to what the rest of the league is doing........they are throwing the _____ing football......alot. The Eagles loss is solely on Pep ' s sorry ___.

The bolded is simply not accurate.  Trent is averaging 3.7 per carry...not great but almost a full yard per carry higher than last year.  Bradshaw is averaging 5.3 per carry.  The colts as a team are averaging 111 yards per game on the ground even though they ran very little during the Denver game.  You're still living in 2013 bro.  

Don't kid yourself..... This would be a 7-9 team if even that without Andrew Luck

He's the reason for the 11-5 seasons

Luck is not THE reason for the 11-5 seasons...he's one of the reasons, but not the only reason.  There were times when the defense had to bail him out too.

People are entitled as fans to "cry and whine" all they want.  Furthermore, this is a message board which should welcome intelligent discussion. You think Pep is a good offensive coordinator-- others, like myself, disagree. That doesn't make us "whiners" as you termed it.

As for the substance of your post, I'll give credit to Pep for actually adapting the team to his personnel late in the season after all the injuries (although this is what should be EXPECTED from a NFL coordinator), but you make it sound like he is the primary reason the team won a division title. The main reasons were 1. Andrew Luck and 2. the AFC South flat out sucked outside of the Colts. Pep Hamilton has done diddly-squat so far this year for the team, outside of being stubborn and calling bone-headed plays.

We could have intelligent discussion if it weren't for comments like "Pep Hamilton has done diddly-squat".  It's comments like that that lead to the term "whiners" ;)

We could have intelligent discussion if it weren't for comments like "Pep Hamilton has done diddly-squat".  It's comments like that that lead to the term "whiners" ;)

If that makes me a whiner, then so be it. I didn't like the hiring in the first place, found his offense very underwhelming last year, and so far the same this year. Pep Hamilton has done nothing that I can emphatically say has had a profoundly positive effect on the offense. On the contrary, he has stamped the offense with the label "predictable" more than anything else. Sure, the rush yards were nice in the first half Monday night, but he once again showed he is a lower-tier NFL OC with the play-calling in the second half. Hence my "diddly-squat" comment.

We keep wanting to blame Pep but I have to believe that Pagano is in support of the play calling.  I think that theses two are kindred spirits on offensive philosophy.  They opened up the playbook last season as a sat resort.  The elite QBs in the NFL are the identity of their offenses.  The press and fans think Luck is the identity, but the coaches who matter do not see it that way.  Pagano wants to recreate what he had in Baltimore - he needs more imagination than that.

We keep wanting to blame Pep but I have to believe that Pagano is in support of the play calling. I think that theses two are kindred spirits on offensive philosophy. They opened up the playbook last season as a sat resort. The elite QBs in the NFL are the identity of their offenses. The press and fans think Luck is the identity, but the coaches who matter do not see it that way. Pagano wants to recreate what he had in Baltimore - he needs more imagination than that.

Well, at least we can be assured that if he recreates what was in Baltimore.... We're at least gonna win ONE SB :dunno:

Has any coach ever been fired 2 games into the season? Is calling for a coach to be fired after 2 losses the same as using the boards to vent? I think it is

Create actual discussion points please

Cleveland fires coaches all the time, sure they wouldn't mind us taking a page from their book ;)

Obviously after winning  a SB title such threads would arise.

LOL.

Every now and then I scroll through the old threads that are just about to archive, and if they have a title like this then I bump them.

You can get a payout on a thread like this over and over again.  

If that makes me a whiner, then so be it. I didn't like the hiring in the first place, found his offense very underwhelming last year, and so far the same this year. Pep Hamilton has done nothing that I can emphatically say has had a profoundly positive effect on the offense. On the contrary, he has stamped the offense with the label "predictable" more than anything else. Sure, the rush yards were nice in the first half Monday night, but he once again showed he is a lower-tier NFL OC with the play-calling in the second half. Hence my "diddly-squat" comment.

Personally, yes I would say it does.  It should be obvious that Pep has done some good things as well.  Last year the offense was underwhelming? You mean his first year as an NFL OC, and in his first year installing his offense with all of the injuries that were suffered on the offense last year?  yeah each of those things are going to play into the offense being underwhelming. However, Pep made obvious adjustments as the season went on.  Sure, not as fast as some people would have liked but he did make adjustments none the less.  So far this year, the struggles on offense have been largely due to poor play and poor decisions by Luck.  He's a young QB and he will improve, I'm sure of that, but he's also young and prone to stretches of poor play.

No, he's not one of the  top OC's in the league, but he is only in his 2nd year as an NFL OC.  If you expected him to be one of the top OC's by now, that's on you for having wildly unrealistic expectations.  

All that said though, the fact that you didn't like the hire in the first place pretty much explains the rest.  

I don't understand why Pep is getting so much grief.. if Luck doesn't throw that pick and we hold on, no one would be talking about this. The run game worked and Pep was not conservative and found a way to score on 4th and 1 from the 1 yard line. The only stupid play he had was the run on 2nd down when the game was tied.

The problem I have with pep is the seeming lack of ability to adapt from plays or formations early that set up other plays from the same set later. While I loved the run plays from the unbalanced line, a play action off that somehow later would have had them all in a tither. There was an old basic computer program when I was in school that included an "if" "then" command to make it work properly. That applies in today's check with me offense. "If" you do this "then" we'll do that. Pep just says we're doing this over and over and "if" it works, great, if not "then" well darn it we tried, get em next time. Tom foolery does not live in Indy as of now, but hopefully he's looking for an downtown apartment.

Open up the play book Pep! Quit being a conservative, cautious, predictable, . We have TOO many weapons in our arsenal to run a power run offense, cause we don't have the oline/ backs for it. If he has been paying attention to what the rest of the league is doing........they are throwing the _____ing football......alot. The Eagles loss is solely on Pep ' s sorry ___.

tumblr_mnw02vmiAo1r55pvxo1_500.gif

The thought process behind this is puzzling to say the least... 

So let's just take a look here.

87 pass attempts so far (tied for 2nd highest in the league) for 526 yards (7th highest in the league) 

52 rushing attempts (17th in the league) for 223 yards (20th in the league)

We're throwing a lot already. Now if you're trying to talk about when we decide to throw versus when we decide to run that's an entirely different discussion, but it's already shown we're throwing lot. 

Personally, yes I would say it does.  It should be obvious that Pep has done some good things as well.  Last year the offense was underwhelming? You mean his first year as an NFL OC, and in his first year installing his offense with all of the injuries that were suffered on the offense last year?  yeah each of those things are going to play into the offense being underwhelming. However, Pep made obvious adjustments as the season went on.  Sure, not as fast as some people would have liked but he did make adjustments none the less.  So far this year, the struggles on offense have been largely due to poor play and poor decisions by Luck.  He's a young QB and he will improve, I'm sure of that, but he's also young and prone to stretches of poor play.

No, he's not one of the  top OC's in the league, but he is only in his 2nd year as an NFL OC.  If you expected him to be one of the top OC's by now, that's on you for having wildly unrealistic expectations.  

All that said though, the fact that you didn't like the hire in the first place pretty much explains the rest.  

I believe I did give him credit for making the adjustments last year, and no, it wasn't as fast as I liked. I didn't expect him to be one of the top OC's in the league in only his second year. That isn't my point. My point is that he never should have been here in the first place. My "wildly unrealistic" expectation was that the Colts would hire an offensive mind that would take Luck to the next level. Not a hyper-conservative OC that has to learn on the job.

I agree Luck hasn't done well this year so far (although it is only two games in), but I strongly disagree that the struggles of the offense have "largely" been because of him. I believe his struggles are directly linked to Pep's predictable offense and his unwillingness to give Luck some plays to make him feel comfortable right from the start.

I believe I did give him credit for making the adjustments last year, and no, it wasn't as fast as I liked. I didn't expect him to be one of the top OC's in the league in only his second year. That isn't my point. My point is that he never should have been here in the first place. My "wildly unrealistic" expectation was that the Colts would hire an offensive mind that would take Luck to the next level. Not a hyper-conservative OC that has to learn on the job.

I agree Luck hasn't done well this year so far (although it is only two games in), but I strongly disagree that the struggles of the offense have "largely" been because of him. I believe his struggles are directly linked to Pep's predictable offense and his unwillingness to give Luck some plays to make him feel comfortable right from the start.

But the Colts hired Pep.  They didn't want the same thing you did and they went in the direction they wanted to go in.  I don't know what else to tell you.  Pep has not been great, but he's not been even close to as horrible as you're trying to make him out to be.  And whatever credit you believe you may have given him kind of went out the door with the diddly squat comment. ;)

You should change your name to Jeff TROLL

But the Colts hired Pep.  They didn't want the same thing you did and they went in the direction they wanted to go in.  I don't know what else to tell you.  Pep has not been great, but he's not been even close to as horrible as you're trying to make him out to be.  And whatever credit you believe you may have given him kind of went out the door with the diddly squat comment. ;)

The credit given to Pep was for last year, 2013, with all the injuries, the "diddly squat" comment applied to this year, 2014, and I am standing by it. I am not sure how the diddly-squat comment for this year makes the credit given for last year go out the door. But I suppose it makes no difference.

You're right, the Colts hired Pep Hamilton, and we fans have to live with it......for now. I am just here voicing my opinion, even if I am in the minority. You and I just have to agree to disagree it appears, my friend.

You really think there's been a lot of INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION here since Monday night?

Really?

Seriously?

You really think there's been a lot of INTELLIGENT DISCUSSION here since Monday night?

Really?

Seriously?

I've been here in spots. I assume there is a lot of overreaction. I can only attest to what I am trying to do. And I understand the frustration that some of my fellow Colts fans feel because I feel it too. We get too wrapped up in a sports team but that is just reality. Just because we are frustrated doesn't mean what we're saying is hogwash.