Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you be opposed to trading Fleener?

1yrdandacloudofdust

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiders for MacFadden? SEA for 1 of their backup guards

Absolutely not.  A young TE who has been able to stay healthy and has good rapport with our QB for an injury prone RB to join a crowded backfield that already includes T-Rich, and Bradshaw?

Fleener/4th - Jason Pierre-Paul

That's something I wouldn't mind.  JPP is iffy to gauge because of his injury history, but he's a monster and nearly unblockable when healthy and motivated

Absolutely not. A young TE who has been able to stay healthy and has good rapport with our QB for an injury prone RB to join a crowded backfield that already includes T-Rich, and Bradshaw?

That's something I wouldn't mind. JPP is iffy to gauge because of his injury history, but he's a monster and nearly unblockable when healthy and motivated

Good rapport? Maybe off the field. That's what phones are for

IF we could get good value for him I would entertain the idea, but I don't think we would get anything near what the organization and most Colts fans think he is worth.  We would need to showcase him a few games and get his stats up to get any serious offers IMO.

Yes. Those unbalanced lines that we have been running. Fleener has often stayed in and blocked.

Yeah waste of his talents, He don't block nowhere near consistently enough to be blocking in those unbalanced lines....or any other lines for that matter, he should be running routes out of them

Trade him for a safety or something. Thats another guy I think we never needed and doesn't control the middle of the field

You wanna package him and Da Rick for a bag of chips and a soda. The guy can't catch the ball in traffic not good for a TE and is not a good blocker. Rogers and Fleener are popular in Indy don't see much value for those two in the real world.

I would love to see mostly Allen and more Doyle.

You wanna package him and Da Rick for a bag of chips and a soda. The guy can't catch the ball in traffic not good for a TE and is not a good blocker. Rogers and Fleener are popular in Indy don't see much value for those two in the real world.

I would love to see mostly Allen and more Doyle.

I know this isn't a Rogers thread and I don't want to derail the current thread but I wouldn't trade Da'Rick. Hasselbeck seems to look his way and consistently throws him the ball and I like what I've seen. By no means am I saying its Luck's fault but I wonder why he doesn't look Roger's way more often when he's on the field.

On the OP's question, certainly not. Ideally, we could get an OLB or S. I would be willing to trade Fleener along with our second and possibly our third for one of the Brown's first rounders. We need defensive playmakers and they typically go in the first round.

That's something I wouldn't mind. JPP is iffy to gauge because of his injury history, but he's a monster and nearly unblockable when healthy and motivated

Yeah I know and the fact that he would be joining a team that's had an extensive injury history in recent years would even freak me out more.

I know this isn't a Rogers thread and I don't want to derail the current thread but I wouldn't trade Da'Rick. Hasselbeck seems to look his way and consistently throws him the ball and I like what I've seen. By no means am I saying its Luck's fault but I wonder why he doesn't look Roger's way more often when he's on the field.

On the OP's question, certainly not. Ideally, we could get an OLB or S. I would be willing to trade Fleener along with our second and possibly our third for one of the Brown's first rounders. We need defensive playmakers and they typically go in the first round.

Rogers can't get on the field with Luck to much talent in front of him he is 6th on the depth chart. He does look great against 2/3 teamers I will give you that.

I think people really over value what  we have in Fleener he is a pass catching TE that doesn't catch the ball well in traffic. I prefer Doyle at least there is the threat that he will block someone.

Why would the Browns want to trade a 1st for Fleener? They have a TE that is a lot better than him I know it is Cleveland but trading a first for a back up TE is crazy even for them.

Stop it folks...He's going to have a big season...

we don't play a division champion every week

He's not looked good this year. I'm having a hard time picturing losing him as any real loss. If we had Havili back and we moved Doyle into Fleener's spot, would anyone really notice? Hope he steps it up.

I like him, and still have hope that he'll breakout. Many of you likely don't remember, but I was the first one here to suggest we pick him with our 2nd in 2012. A rare hit for ruksak, I was proud that I guessed this pick and I really imagined he'd have the kind of presence by now that would force other teams to gameplan for him. 

Yeah waste of his talents, He don't block nowhere near consistently enough to be blocking in those unbalanced lines....or any other lines for that matter, he should be running routes out of them

Fleener is blocking consistently well. 

I too would like to see him run some more routes though. 

I can tell you don't look at or watch tape on the Colts offense. I refuse to argue with you on Fleener as he has had more than his share of finger pointing but yet he is still on the roster. The coaches and GM like him so I guess any negative opinion means zero.

I've watchers every Colts game since I was 8. Fleener's blocking is bad. That's just a fact. You can start watching him play if you think in lying.

Fleener is blocking consistently well. 

I too would like to see him run some more routes though. 

Don't take this personal because its not...But I think we have different ideas of what blocking well is...at least when it comes to Fleener, In my opinion he has gotten a bit better yes but he still has no business blocking in my opinion