Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we get a little love for Greg Toler?!?

NewColtsFan

That was flat-out one of the best interceptions you're ever going to see a CB make.    Seriously.

Fan-freaking-tastic!!

It's a candidate for interception of the year.    It's a lock for top-10,  and a strong candidate for top-5.

It's a seriously wonderful pick.....   and here it is,  along with two replays!!

Enjoy!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000395518/Wk-2-Can-t-Miss-Play-Toler-with-the-snag

I highly doubt you will get any love at all. Too many pointing fingers and being all doom and gloom for most to even have any positive thoughts. You would think we were not competitive at all the way some are over reacting. I am not too sure if I have ever seen or heard so much whine and cry since the year the Colts let Manning go. That was so many years ago that the Colts should have had time to build a team that would never lose a game. Never give up a sack. Have the top running and passing game in the NFL. Oh wait? You means it's only been two years?? My bad.

That was crazy athletic though. ... Much props to him. .. I may get flack for this but I believe Toler is a really good corner... You may point out him getting burnt and being an automatic holding call lol but its only due to his aggressive play style.. unlike Butler who is more of a bait and switch finesse type corner (deion Sanders style).. Toler play is very reliant on physicality hints the constant penalties. Vonte is the same as Toler more crafty and faster so he relys less on physicality more on his speed.

Nice play! 

I think you're being a bit optimistic hoping to get any Toler love on here though... the end of the world crowd are in full flow on here lately. I would say that a semi decent, or even existent pass rush would make Toler look much better...

^ this.. and not only toler, but our whole secondary..

unfortunately, this isn't likely going to change just cause we want it to..

I highly doubt you will get any love at all. Too many pointing fingers and being all doom and gloom for most to even have any positive thoughts. You would think we were not competitive at all the way some are over reacting. I am not too sure if I have ever seen or heard so much whine and cry since the year the Colts let Manning go. That was so many years ago that the Colts should have had time to build a team that would never lose a game. Never give up a sack. Have the top running and passing game in the NFL. Oh wait? You means it's only been two years?? My bad.

You know I've seen a heck of a lot more posts "about" ppl posting of doom and gloom, than actual posts about doom and gloom. Either way, aren't you both overreacting? Getting tired of reading on the forum.

He gets the Jacob Lacey treatment on here...which is ridiculous.  I am hoping he can stay healthy.  

He made athletic plays last year before the injury.  I feel the forum should analyze football a little more before making silly comments.  Toler can play, he just seems to have a target on his back...from the forum members and the refs it would seem.  He is NOT the only one holding out there.  Watch closely!! :thmup:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!

That was flat-out one of the best interceptions you're ever going to see a CB make.    Seriously.

Fan-freaking-tastic!!

It's a candidate for interception of the year.    It's a lock for top-10,  and a strong candidate for top-5.

It's a seriously wonderful pick.....   and here it is,  along with two replays!!

Enjoy!!

I guess even the worst of corners can make a play once a year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000395518/Wk-2-Can-t-Miss-Play-Toler-with-the-snag

Toler is better than Jacob Lacey and Cassius Vaughn! 

I think the INT was an amazing play, and that is saying something coming from me. The ball was underthrown, but he made a heckuva catch and I think I'm still in shock he actually made the play lol. Excellent job by Toler. 

I will say I hope he proves me wrong, cuz I'll gladly eat crow but: 

Injury history aside, he still gets burnt with 11 yard cushions, he grabs and holds every time he gets beat (very often) and when is the last time he broke off his receiver and tried to help tackle a RB? He follows the receiver down field 40 yards out of the play and either never turns his head to see if it was a run play, or is making Deon Sanders business decisions. 

Call me doom and gloom, don't care. My opinion. 

Fan-freaking-tastic!!

Enjoy!!

He absolutely deserves congrats. Great pick, and he played a great game. Davis, Toler, and Butler are a great trio. We should be ecstatic to have them.  

Toler is better than Jacob Lacey and Cassius Vaughn! 

I think the INT was an amazing play, and that is saying something coming from me. The ball was underthrown, but he made a heckuva catch and I think I'm still in shock he actually made the play lol. Excellent job by Toler. 

I will say I hope he proves me wrong, cuz I'll gladly eat crow but: 

Injury history aside, he still gets burnt with 11 yard cushions, he grabs and holds every time he gets beat (very often) and when is the last time he broke off his receiver and tried to help tackle a RB? He follows the receiver down field 40 yards out of the play and either never turns his head to see if it was a run play, or is making Deon Sanders business decisions. 

Call me doom and gloom, don't care. My opinion. 

one good INT doesn't change the fact that he still causes a lot of P.I. penalties and that he gets shredded from time to time...yes that was a fantastic INT..i''ll admit...but he still needs to play a little better...i'm rooting for the guy ,though

To the OP i would say lollygagger8 & Luck12-to-Wayne87 sum it up very well. While it was a great INT he still continues to get PI. He needs to keep his hands to himself, which may take some time. He gets burnt, which often leads to him reaching out and grabbing the opposing WR. He can be very good at times.

I think Toler is every bit as talented as Vontae.  He is way more physical and makes better plays on the ball than Davis.  I swear everyone has to chime in with a negative comment these days.  Yes, he draws more PI penalties because Vontae is a little quicker and can cover a bit better.  Therefore Greg Toler gets thrown at more.  Don't get me wrong Vontae is great, I just think Toler is underrated.  IF GT could keep his hands to himself I think he would be a top tier corner. 

Not even if I clap my hands and say I believe in faeries? 

If you are going to do that, might I suggest you do it in the privacy of your own home where no one else will hear you? :P lol

I agree with your previous point, not going to get a lot of love for Toler on here.  There are some that will give credit where credit is due and acknowledge that Toler has been playing well, but from the majority, I think the best we can hope for is something along the lines of, "well it's bout dam time that overpaid piece of garbage starts earning some of that money!" lol

To the OP i would say lollygagger8 & Luck12-to-Wayne87 sum it up very well. While it was a great INT he still continues to get PI. He needs to keep his hands to himself, which may take some time. He gets burnt, which often leads to him reaching out and grabbing the opposing WR. He can be very good at times.

I tried to like this .....but......???? 

An error occurred

There was a problem storing your reputation vote.

CB is not as big a need as people are making it to be next offseason. Yes we should draft another guy in the 4th or 5th round, but safety is by far a bigger need in the secondary.

Our biggest needs next offseason so far...

1. OLB (Mathis may be gone and even if he's back next year we need a guy for the future. Werner hasn't shown he's it.)

2. FS (We need a great ballhawk who can play centerfield and give our pass rushers more time to get to the QB.)

3. DE (Redding will probably retire and we need someone better than Jean-Francois to play opposite Jones.)

4. OL (We need more depth here since we always deal with injuries on the OL.)

CB is not as big a need as people are making it to be next offseason. Yes we should draft another guy in the 4th or 5th round, but safety is by far a bigger need in the secondary.

Our biggest needs next offseason so far...

1. OLB (Mathis may be gone and even if he's back next year we need a guy for the future. Werner hasn't shown he's it.)

2. FS (We need a great ballhawk who can play centerfield and give our pass rushers more time to get to the QB.)

3. DE (Redding will probably retire and we need someone better than Jean-Francois to play opposite Jones.)

4. OL (We need more depth here since we always deal with injuries on the OL.)

That was some Awful ILB play so far. Help!

Safety for sure. Adams is lame and Landry be gone.

Werner was never to be expected to be a blind side rusher. Not that athlete. So yes on help there.

You know I've seen a heck of a lot more posts "about" ppl posting of doom and gloom, than actual posts about doom and gloom. Either way, aren't you both overreacting? Getting tired of reading on the forum.

So why do you? I think my sarcastic comment spoke for itself. There are a lot more negative comments than any thing that resembles anything positive.

I like Toler but he's too inconsistent.  Plus, he draws too many costly penalties or at least seems to.

inconsistent? From what ive seen hes been pretty clutch the last 3 games. Maybe he has fixed himself from last year where he was off one game then good the next.