Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kelcy Quarles

NewEra

Really? He was on the practice squad for the Pats??? I didn't know that. He would have been a mid round draft pick if not for an off-field issue last year. He's a very solid DL prospect. 

He pretty much carried the SC defense when Clowney was triple teamed.  You and I discussed him at one point.  I like him!

Not really. Quarles has to be on the active roster for three weeks. Jones could have a 4-6 recovery time, which is about what a high ankle sprain usually is.

Ok thanks for the clarification. Knew he had to be on the 53 man but wasn't sure for how long.

Andrew Luck is the most overrated qb in NFL.Makes too many mistakes and bad throws. Also PAGANO and HAMILTON arent taking COLTS anywhere.Outcoached every time vs good opponents.Why have FLEENER,ALLEN and NICKS when your not gonna throw to them? The opey dopey LUCK interviews are getting old

Andrew Luck is the most overrated qb in NFL.Makes too many mistakes and bad throws. Also PAGANO and HAMILTON arent taking COLTS anywhere.Outcoached every time vs good opponents.Why have FLEENER,ALLEN and NICKS when your not gonna throw to them? The opey dopey LUCK interviews are getting old

This is a great thought on Quarles.

Far out, man..

We're in a thread talking about a defensive lineman that the Colts have just signed.

And you go off on a rant about everything else EXCEPT the DL that we just signed.    Whoops....

Thanks for that..............

Did not know that Quarles is the nephew of Ben Coates

What was the roster move that created a spot for KQ

Knowing our luck, probably moved someone to IR

@KBowenColts: The @Colts have waived RB-Dion Lewis and signed DT-Kelcy Quarles off Patriots' practice squad. No surprise with Art Jones’ high ankle sprain

you should tell that story at dinner parties

Not really. Quarles has to be on the active roster for three weeks. Jones could have a 4-6 recovery time, which is about what a high ankle sprain usually is.

Omg, I just noticed I said good. Not good is what I meant!! Not good, could mean he's out for awhile. Ugh. Lol

I think that there are questions about this guys stamina/ability to shed blocks consistently. I liked him in the draft but this is just Grigson adding depth to the D Line with the loss of Jones. When Jones comes back I think Quarles will be released

Quarles was a good prospect but has off the field concerns. We still need a OLB, Doyle has made Fleener expendable. Maybe we can get a pass rusher from a Fleener trade.

You know what? I would have called you nuts before last nights game. But Doyle showed me some major toughness. I love that in our te's. A soft te is just another glorified wr in my book. I'm not sure what Fleeners deal is but sometimes you have to give to get. If we hope to make a splash we need to get a pass rush going.

Well there it is... The dumbest thing I'll read all week. Thanks for that.

Quarles was a good prospect  but has off the field concerns. We still need a OLB, Doyle has made Fleener expendable. Maybe we can get a pass rusher from a Fleener trade.

Doyle has made Fleener expendable?....What the hell? Doyle has 2 catches on the year and 12 yards, Coby has 4 for 34 yards. Now I think Fleener isn't our best TE of course but a TE of Jack Doyles caliber can be easily had at any time, Athletically there is not a lot of Coby Fleeners out there though there are some and even better

Just signed this guy off the Pats ps. Good mean Jones is gone for awhile if not the year. Fuark!!

The report was last night he had a high ankle sprain.  Phil B. said the normal time to miss for that kind of injury is 4 to 6 six weeks so yeah he's going to miss sometime but unless something has changed in terms of his injury (which is possible) it's not the whole year.