Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Laron Landry

TheJACKCOLT

Landry is terrible, the next time he takes the correct angle to the ball carrier, will be his first. I really don't see how (C. Anderson, Brown or even MacDonald) could produce any less. Landry, he brings nothing to the table, huge mistake signing this guy, can't play the run and can't cover the pass. How could our backups, be any worse? I am sick of watching this guy fly past the ball carrier.

Landry is horrible, takes terrible angles to the ball carrier, sick of watching him "fly by" the guy with the ball, instead of "flying into" the guy with the ball. This signing was a huge mistake, but to late to change that now. I just don't see how our back-ups (C.Anderson, S.Brown) or even MacDonald, could be any worse than Landry, and I believe all three would give better effort.

We need a big upgrade at both safety positions for sure

All of the money spent on d and outside of Jones, Mathis(who knows what he'll look like), Freeman, chapman, who doesnt need to be upgraded. Guess Vontae is serviceable. Toler grabs too much, and can't trust him to stay healthy.

And Werner doesn't fit. He was never a 3-4 guy to begin with. Horrible pick

All of the money spent on d and outside of Jones, Mathis(who knows what he'll look like), Freeman, chapman, who doesnt need to be upgraded. Guess Vontae is serviceable. Toler grabs too much, and can't trust him to stay healthy.

You are probably right about Werner. He was more of a 4-3 end. I can get fixed but we have to live with what we have this year.

I think he has to try and missile launch "tackle" because he's too busy working on his biceps and he can't wrap since his arms are too big. It's hard to watch when a RB gets past the line because I know what's coming every time......a whiff from Landry.

Then someone has to run the RB down from behind if they can catch them and clean up Landry's mess. 

Landry is terrible, the next time he takes the correct angle to the ball carrier, will be his first. I really don't see how (C. Anderson, Brown or even MacDonald) could produce any less. Landry, he brings nothing to the table, huge mistake signing this guy, can't play the run and can't cover the pass. How could our backups, be any worse? I am sick of watching this guy fly past the ball carrier.

Agreed. I was excited when we first signed him because of his speed but he can't seem to play either safety position.

Did you watch the game last night? Or did you watch highlights? Clearly it must have been the latter, because BOTH our safeties played well last night!  What was so bad about his play? The fact that he had is ankle's broken by Darren Sproles?

Darren Sproles destroys teams. He's been doing it for a while now. Go back an watch tape, you'll see he played well considering the circumstances.

Vontae is serviceable?

Kidding, right? He is a solid #1 CB. Far and away the best CB on this team and I think top 8 CB in the league.

Werner was "on the clock" last night, somewhat under a Microscope, but he was always "almost" making plays and sometimes not even visible in a play.  The clock is ticking.

Hm I thought he played real well Monday

He did. But he also spent the night almost exclusively in the box. 

I must admit, his tackling is suspect at best. His coverage skills are also pretty unreliable. We brought him in to play in the box most of the time. We just haven't gotten the coverage out of Bethea or anyone else to help pull that off.

However, with the way he just fails miserably at tackling sometimes, it doesn't matter where he's at. Really want to see him improve his tackling. 

Get used to him. We're married to him and no one is going to take him from us. Let's just hope his tackling gets better. (Which is ENTIRELY possible if he and the team put the work in.)

We need to re-do our secondary this upcoming offseason. First thing is to release Landry.

Remember when Pagano said he's a "game wrecker"

lmao

We need to look at the safety spots.  Our corners are very good.  We pretty much ask them to win man-to-man match ups just about every week and more weeks than not they do. 

Landry was fine last night. Terrible in the opener, bounced back a little. He gave up the catch to Ertz, but was right there on him. Good throw to a big athletic TE, not much most safeties can do. Overall, Landry was targeted 7 times and only gave up 2 catches for 31 yards, made a couple stops in the run game, and got called for the bogus horse collar.

Lots more to complain about than LaRon Landry last night. 

He's good in the box but can't cover TE's or make plays on the ball. Also, the interchangeable safety scheme that Pagano is using is hurting the team. Landry should be used more like Polomalu where he's allowed to play close to the line of scrimmage, not cover TE's. This team is missing a FS and Manusky is calling too much man coverage, needs to add more zone blitzes.

Many seem to forget that the Colts played two of the most explosive offenses in the league by far. Hopefully things will get back to normalcy this Sunday lol..

Downfall is, I thought the Colts could have a highly explosive offense. Running game was phenominal, passing game not so much. I do feel though, if they can get going on all cylinders they can be devastating.

Would anybody object to getting a mid to late round pick for Werner and making a run at the outside linebacker we need?

You want to trade a second year pro that was our first round pick for a mid round pick? He hasn't been the pass rusher we've hoped for to this point but you would seriously give up on him already? He's only two games into his second season. Give the guy some time. I think that in the long run we'll grab a pure speed rusher and play Werner in Walden's role but I certainly wouldn't trade him, especially not for a mid round pick.

He did. But he also spent the night almost exclusively in the box. 

I must admit, his tackling is suspect at best. His coverage skills are also pretty unreliable. We brought him in to play in the box most of the time. We just haven't gotten the coverage out of Bethea or anyone else to help pull that off.

However, with the way he just fails miserably at tackling sometimes, it doesn't matter where he's at. Really want to see him improve his tackling. 

Get used to him. We're married to him and no one is going to take him from us. Let's just hope his tackling gets better. (Which is ENTIRELY possible if he and the team put the work in.)

Remember, this is the same guy who LED the Colts in tackles through the first five games last year- now everyone questions his tackling ability and says he's junk.

He does exactly what he does. It's a high risk/high reward defensive style. Landry hits really hard, and I love that. Some guys can take hits like that- but some guys can't. I am probably one of about three folks on this forum that says Landry and Toler can stay right where they are. They've had some injury history, but have impressed me when they played. 

I thought our whole secondary played well. Besides putting McNary on sproles. Especially without much of a pass rush.

I thought Davis and Toler played well but I thought Adams, despite leading the team in tackles, had a bad game, two of those long passes to Sproles in 4th quarter were because he was out of position and slow to react.  And Butler was beat several times but Foles threw bad passes or the WR dropped it.

And I do agree McNary on Sproles was not a good thing.  McNary looked overwhelmed all game.