Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will We Retire Harrison And James Number

mz1888

I'm not a big fan of retiring numbers.

Heck even #19 wasn't retired.

However, if there is one # I'd consider..... its #18. ALL others are secondary, IMO.

But I mean no disrespect to Harrison by saying that.

If we do take Luck, retiring #18 (the number not Peyton himself) when he's done could be a way for everyone to move forward.

As much as i enjoyed watching Edge (pre-knee) injury, not sure if he had really done enough or been with the organization long enough to get his jersey retired

7 years with the colts, The colts all-time leading rusher with 9226 yards. Second is Mitchell with 5487. He is 11th all-time in rushing yards..... He had 5 of his 7 1,000 yards seasons after his knee surgery. So not to sure what your talking about.... Not sure what edge you were watching but he should be in the hall when his time comes......

I dont see it happening, as was pointed out by bavanlan. John Mackey was also #88. And for James, Mike Curtis was possibly the best middle linebacker the Colts have ever had and they didn't retire #32 for him. 18 I think is more likely because it is not a number that has been associated with great Colts other than Manning.

7 years with the colts, The colts all-time leading rusher with 9226 yards. Second is Mitchell with 5487. He is 11th all-time in rushing yards..... He had 5 of his 7 1,000 yards seasons after his knee surgery. So not to sure what your talking about.... Not sure what edge you were watching but he should be in the hall when his time comes......

I agree with all that, but not retiring his number. Not Harrison either. But I think he might belong on the wall with Harrison and Peyton. Wish he could have been here a couple more years. That was quite a trio. The three of them truly built the base of the success of this organization. In fact, I'm gonna watch some Manning / Harrison / Edge from the glory days right now I think.

yeh, not sure what people mean by pre knee injury James. Takes two years to get back from that injury. And he did. Colts or I must say, Polian, let him go because running backs are a dime a dozen. Well we have seen they arent. He could be still playing and retire a colt. Addai had one good year with Rhodes, that was it!

I dont see it happening, as was pointed out by bavanlan. John Mackey was also #88. And for James, Mike Curtis was possibly the best middle linebacker the Colts have ever had and they didn't retire #32 for him. 18 I think is more likely because it is not a number that has been associated with great Colts other than Manning.

The Colts never retired Mackey's number The Colts have retired 19, 22, 24, 70, 77, 82, and 89. That's too many to have retired already. To have your number retired you need to be a player that transformed the game, became a champion, and went down as one of the greatest to ever play. IMO only two Colts should have their numbers retired. Unitas and Manning.