Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie?

Hammer

Reggie need to be on the field! No question!  But please give Moncrief some more snaps!!!! That guy can give us an extra edge we need!! :fb::blueshoe:

I don't believe I said Reggie shouldn't be on the field. I said, that Moncrief and Rogers should get some reps.

Rogers will always be inactive barring an injury

Why would we carry 6 WR's to play on gameday?

Yea, TK. You already said that. Now, do you want to argue about whether Whalen or Rogers should be active? I think you know who I believe should be on the field.

Well, that's your opinion

But obviously Whalen is impressing more. And plus he can return kicks

Not sure how he is impressing more with 0 catches for 0 yards in 2 games....  I'm not sure he is a threat in anyway what so ever as a return man either....I would be willing to be he will have more fumbled returns than returns for TDs this year.

It appears to me that Reggie has lost a step. I think it's time to get our bigger, faster recievers some reps. I think Moncrief got 1 play. Did Rogers even get on the field?

i agree.  Reggie is still sure handed and a good WR but doesnt seem like the same Reggie.

As many Offensive weapons as we have you would figure Pep would have called some more passing plays to get Luck going, i mean they blitzed so often guys def would have been open, also IMO those WR screens HAVE TO GO. way to many lost yardage on those plays. Reggie was solid as usual and i will give praise that we actually moved the ball on the ground last night and Trent showed productivity.

Not sure how he is impressing more with 0 catches for 0 yards in 2 games.... I'm not sure he is a threat in anyway what so ever as a return man either....I would be willing to be he will have more fumbled returns than returns for TDs this year.

..... Once again, Pep Hamilton in the OC

Our rookie WR who everyone was high on only has 2 catches

And Whalen had solid returns last night but were negated by penalties so don't try to act like he's a waste of a spot

Da'Rick Rogers is a RAW WR and that's why he'll be the #6 WR until Reggie or Nicks leaves cause he's not better than any of the WR's in front of him

It appears to me that Reggie has lost a step. I think it's time to get our bigger, faster recievers some reps. I think Moncrief got 1 play. Did Rogers even get on the field?

Of course he has lost a step at his age and coming off of a knee injury. In the 1st half, Luck clearly locked in on him.  It seemed that someone told him at halftime to look for TY.  I hope in the film room this week, someone (the OC) says spread the ball around, be less predictable.

Reggie is a terrific possession receiver and someone Luck can depend upon to move the chains ion the clutch.

Of course he has lost a step at his age and coming off of a knee injury. In the 1st half, Luck clearly locked in on him. It seemed that someone told him at halftime to look for TY. I hope in the film room this week, someone (the OC) says spread the ball around, be less predictable.

Reggie is a terrific possession receiver and someone Luck can depend upon to move the chains ion the clutch.

None of us will live to see the day where pep uses the phrase "be less predictable".

Reggie hasn't lost a step. He just was not targeted. Although he did have an amazing grab with a defender completely drapped all over him like a blanket. Pep was more interested in running the ball the whole game and not airing it out or getting into the pass game at all. Have to do a good mixture of both and we did not do that.

Reggie hasn't lost a step. He just was not targeted. Although he did have an amazing grab with a defender completely drapped all over him like a blanket. Pep was more interested in running the ball the whole game and not airing it out or getting into the pass game at all. Have to do a good mixture of both and we did not do that.

34 passes and 34 runs to the RB is not a good mixture of both?

I can't remember when we ran the ball as much and as well as we did last night. It seemed to me to be a nice mixture.  I think you inadvertantly support what I said when you referred to Reggie catching a ball with a defender draped all over him. Seems to be tougher for Reggie to get separation.

Reggie has moved at this same speed for about the past 5 years IMO. Most times that he got separation in Manning's last couple of seasons it was due to pick plays and clever pre-snap reads by Manning to create a mismatch.

Luck on the other hand, stares at him while he's in his route, then just throws it at him as hard as he can. We're not gonna see a lot of separation with that strategy.

Reggie has moved at this same speed for about the past 5 years IMO. Most times that he got separation in Manning's last couple of seasons it was due to pick plays and clever pre-snap reads by Manning to create a mismatch.

Luck on the other hand, stares at him while he's in his route, then just throws it at him as hard as he can. We're not gonna see a lot of separation with that strategy.

Agreed. If I remember correctly Luck was not looking reggie off on any of the throws to him

Agreed. If I remember correctly Luck was not looking reggie off on any of the throws to him

I love Reggie and by no means would I force Reggie to retire or leave but I think when he does that perhaps Luck will take the next step. He has got to learn to stop locking onto receivers. I understand that #87 is his security blanket but he has to diversify his attack and spread the ball around.

Reggie hasn`t ran away from anyone since 2012. He finds holes in zones.

TY is NOT who Most here think he is. The runt is not an every down receiver and is hurting us on screens, picks, and at the goal line.

We Know we have a hard head coach. Oh well!