Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seriously Guys?

lennymoore24

So let me understand this.  We lost to probably the best two teams we will play during the regular season.  The game tonight we had won and would have been up by at least 10 if not 14 when the unfortunate interception happened.  It would have been a very good win.

But now Grigson, Pagano, and the entire coaching staff should go? We are fighting for a top pick in the draft?  Luck is overrated?  We have no talent on our team ( even though we almost tied the perceived best team in the AFC).

Are some of you actually Colts fans?  Football fans?  You do know the Colts are the team with the horseshoes, right?  They aren't the Silver and Black team?  Get real!

The Colts will now knock off a bunch of wins and you can go back to breathing again.

How did the Colts losing these two games surprise anyone???  Those are two very good teams.  You can't turn the ball over twice and win.

It wasn't so much the play calling. It was the personal to use for the plays. If your throwing screens, why weren't they for Hakeem Nicks. He can fight contact at the line of scrimmage. And run heavy you need Moncrief. He has speed for changing the play.

The officiating was bad but it's not why we loss. We loss because  the offense was inconsistent and kept the Eagles in the game. We should have kept Peyton and let Luck sit and learn for 3 years like Rodgers. Luck's decision making vs the blitz hasn't been good, he would have learned a lot under Manning. He's just not ready yet to lead this team, still a couple of years away.

Because for the past couple years, the Colts have played to the level of their competition. We have hung in there and have beaten the Seahawks, Broncos, and 49ers but we have been blown out by the Cardinals and Rams. We also lost to the eventual 8-8 Dolphins and almost lost to the then 2-7 Texans. I know it's not 2013 anymore but our eyes don't deceive us. This is pretty much the same team as last year with the same inept coaches. Being 0-2 and in a division that is seemingly better than it was last year doesn't help.

The officiating was bad but it's not why we loss. We loss because  the offense was inconsistent and kept the Eagles in the game. We should have kept Peyton and let Luck sit and learn for 3 years like Rodgers. Luck's decision making vs the blitz hasn't been good, he would have learned a lot under Manning. He's just not ready yet to lead this team, still a couple of years away.

Yeah, this board isn't overreacting or anything.

Happens every time the Colts lose for the past two years

You should have seen the calls for Rivers' head on the SD message board after the Phoenix game... it's a cancer in all forums.  Personally it turns my stomach and I usually stay away after bad losses.  

You guys did a lot right tonight and yet unfortunately enough wrong to lose it.  It was a good game and there's no reason to hang your heads in shame, it's fixable.   Frankly, the interception should have been a holding call and I think the game ends entirely differently.  I absolutely hate when the refs mistakes cost a win.  

Happens every time the Colts lose for the past two years

this has been going since the manning days. Rather than being grateful this team doesn't lose back-to-back games very often and trusting the guys who make that happen we panic at the hint of anything bad happening. Look this is clearly a flawed team I am not going to deny that. Maybe they won't have a great year but maybe another set of high draft picks will help fill some of these gaps. This is only year three of Andrew Luck I promise people this is not his last or probably even his best chance in his career to win a Super Bowl.

It's also only 0-2 against maybe the best two teams on our schedule we still get six games in our division and three games against the other teams against the NFC east. They could very easily go 7-2 or 8-1 in those games alone. This season isn't lost by any means. However, if the goal is truly a Super Bowl something has to be done with the pass rush. It's killing us.

This is a pretty serious matter!!!! After watching the first two games, it made NO difference who we were playing, we look like crap. Our O-Line is horrible and our D-line looks like a bunch of overweight 57 year olds. Each and every player on the D-line is too slow and it literally looks like they play for 1 sec and then give up on the play. We have Reggie, T.Y., Nicks, Moncrief, Fleener, and Allen!!!! Why are we throwing 5 yard passes. 

No one is saying to fire anyone yet, but if the play calling doesn't reflect the fact that our quarterback is ANDREW LUCK, then Pep should be out of a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He makes ANDREW LUCK look like a game manager. GAME MANAGER???????????????

This is a pretty serious matter!!!! After watching the first two games, it made NO difference who we were playing, we look like crap. Our O-Line is horrible and our D-line looks like a bunch of overweight 57 year olds. Each and every player on the D-line is too slow and it literally looks like they play for 1 sec and then give up on the play. We have Reggie, T.Y., Nicks, Moncrief, Fleener, and Allen!!!! Why are we throwing 5 yard passes.

No one is saying to fire anyone yet, but if the play calling doesn't reflect the fact that our quarterback is ANDREW LUCK, then Pep should be out of a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep while Wilson who has far less weapon talent seems to have more freedom and open playbook

Excellent post. Let's see if the Pep sympathizers have an answer for this (if there are any of them left after tonight).

this has been going since the manning days. Rather than being grateful this team doesn't lose back-to-back games very often and trusting the guys who make that happen we panic at the hint of anything bad happening. Look this is clearly a flawed team I am not going to deny that. Maybe they won't have a great year but maybe another set of high draft picks will help fill some of these gaps. This is only year three of Andrew Luck I promise people this is not his last or probably even his best chance in his career to win a Super Bowl.

It's also only 0-2 against maybe the best two teams on our schedule we still get six games in our division and three games against the other teams against the NFC east. They could very easily go 7-2 or 8-1 in those games alone. This season isn't lost by any means. However, if the goal is truly a Super Bowl something has to be done with the pass rush. It's killing us.

We are dying a slow death called Pep Hamilton

anyone else remember during the Dungy days how all anyone else wanted was bigger guys and now they have bigger guys and all people want is faster guys? Kinda ironic.

The Pats and Bengals are better than Philly. The Jags had Philly beat in Philly, and Hou is no walk in the park. That may be the 2nd best d in the league. Top 5, for sure.

Luck has Reggie Wayne tunnel vision. Nicks is starting to look frustrated that he's playing with the 2nd coming of Eli.

That'd be great if Luck wins two rings.

He's led back-to-back 11 win seasons and he's not ready to lead this team? Don't be ridiculous!!

Andrew Luck on the regression road

Care to elaborate on this? I'm not calling you out BTW. I just want to comprehend why a friend of mine is so willing to pull the plug on the Colts season. Take a deep, cleansing breath TK. Indy is far from D.O.A. 

I don't see Luck slipping at all. He learns, adapts, grows, & he never repeats the same mistake twice. 

Relax, smile, & listen to Faith Hill & Carlos Santana as they help you to "breath" & not hyper ventilate. Only teasing pal!  Carlos always relaxes me with his soothing guitar playing. It's gonna be alright my man...

The Pats and Bengals are better than Philly. The Jags had Philly beat in Philly, and Hou is no walk in the park. That may be the 2nd best d in the league. Top 5, for sure.

Luck has Reggie Wayne tunnel vision. Nicks is starting to look frustrated that he's playing with the 2nd coming of Eli.

Nicks knows that  premier NFL teams weren't exactly beating down his door to beg him to sign on the dotted line. He knows Luck is an up & coming superstar QB with the comeback clutch gene inside of him. 

Translation: Nicks needs Luck more than Luck needs him & Nicks knows if he wants to resurrect his career INDY is the best place to do it in lets drop the pretense nonsense shall we. LOL! 

I'm sorry are you implying or inferring that Luck will surpass Eli Manning for a record number of interceptions this year? Thanks. I needed a hilarious belly roll on the floor laugh. What else could the 2nd coming of Eli mean right?  :lol:  :funny:  lmao

I'm pretty sure Luck has learnt more in 2 years starting than holding a clipboard for Manning for 2 years. And would we have produced anything better than 11-5 and playoffs these last few years with Manning under center? He's had a more talented roster in Denver and still not won a the big one!

The officiating was bad but it's not why we loss. We loss because the offense was inconsistent and kept the Eagles in the game. We should have kept Peyton and let Luck sit and learn for 3 years like Rodgers. Luck's decision making vs the blitz hasn't been good, he would have learned a lot under Manning. He's just not ready yet to lead this team, still a couple of years away.

Yep while Wilson who has far less weapon talent seems to have more freedom and open playbook

Seattle has diminished weapons talent since when? QB RW has a top notch o-line with WR Percy Harvin & TE Zack Miller whenever he gets desperate to escape a collapsing pocket on the move. 

Not only that owner Paul Allen has the deepest financial pockets in the league & an outstanding GM in John Schneider who is constantly replenishing their draft stock, free agency stock, & upgrading their practice squad stock. 

RW is just a tiny piece of the mosaic, SB puzzle TK. 

I'm pretty sure Luck has learnt more in 2 years starting than holding a clipboard for Manning for 2 years. And would we have produced anything better than 11-5 and playoffs these last few years with Manning under center? He's had a more talented roster in Denver and still not won a the big one!

The officiating was bad but it's not why we loss. We loss because the offense was inconsistent and kept the Eagles in the game. We should have kept Peyton and let Luck sit and learn for 3 years like Rodgers. Luck's decision making vs the blitz hasn't been good, he would have learned a lot under Manning. He's just not ready yet to lead this team, still a couple of years away.

Brilliant post couldn't agree more. Just wish my phone would allow me to highlight a quote without looking like I've said it!

Really? We are going to re-live the keep Manning debate all over again. We couldn't afford both QBs & Manning has lost 2 SBs now so lets not create the false impression that 18 would have magically solved all our offense woes okay. Not only that Peyton's playing days following his neck surgery was very uncertain.

This sky is falling rhetoric & that Andrew Luck cannot lead INDY to the promiseland is complete nonsense & utter hogwash. You are certainly entitled to your opinion DEC, but SW1 does not abandon ship simply because 1 torpedo hit the darn hull.

Not only that, Andrew went to the Manning QB academy whatever he wanted to grasp from Peyton he already acquired there. In addition, holding a clip board is a lot like Driver's Ed from the backseat you don't learn a darn thing until you step behind the wheel & drive the franchise ferrari all by yourself. Translation: You learn best on the fly with live rounds in the NFL game gun.

"the past 2 years" ...  ?   After every game...

I personally think think that Pep is "killing" this team with all the JUMBO stuff.

SPREAD IT OUT....

JD I agree with you that Pep needs to be more creative on offense, but here's my question my friend:

Rob Chudzinski is Special Asst. to HC Pagano with head coaching experience in Cleveland. Wasn't he hired to help Luck & Pep reach a new plateau in the post season for the Colts? Doesn't he assume some accountability for Luck's development as a QB overall? If not specifically for Luck than at least his front line protection at a bare minimum since his expertise is on the offensive side of the ball? Just thinking outloud I guess...If his specialty was Tight End related, why not more bubble screens or quick throws to TEs like OC Norv Turner does to perfection in Minnesota? I'm just saying...

http://www.colts.com/team/coaches/Rob-Chudzinski/0c83c098-46cf-46fd-8cd0-d650a9cba7c0

Anyone can offer feedback here. Feel free...

So let me understand this.  We lost to probably the best two teams we will play during the regular season.  The game tonight we had won and would have been up by at least 10 if not 14 when the unfortunate interception happened.  It would have been a very good win.

But now Grigson, Pagano, and the entire coaching staff should go? We are fighting for a top pick in the draft?  Luck is overrated?  We have no talent on our team ( even though we almost tied the perceived best team in the AFC).

Are some of you actually Colts fans?  Football fans?  You do know the Colts are the team with the horseshoes, right?  They aren't the Silver and Black team?  Get real!

The Colts will now knock off a bunch of wins and you can go back to breathing again.

How did the Colts losing these two games surprise anyone???  Those are two very good teams.  You can't turn the ball over twice and win.

Most of the fans on this board are spoiled, and it is embarrassing.