Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+5) @ Seattle (9-21-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton is going to have to take some chances down the field in this one to keep the defense honest. Trying to throw laterally all game against them isn't going to work just like it didn't work in the SB. If their D-line can get pressure on him though, he will tighten up and make the same kind of mistakes he made in the SB because he isn't exactly stellar when the pressure is on.

Peyton is going to have to take some chances down the field in this one to keep the defense honest. Trying to throw laterally all game against them isn't going to work just like it didn't work in the SB. If their D-line can get pressure on him though, he will tighten up and make the same kind of mistakes he made in the SB because he isn't exactly stellar when the pressure is on.

That's the way I see it..

The Hawks jump many routes and they use a single safety because they don't think you can beat them deep.

Peyton needs to take a shot down the field deep with Sanders and I'd line up Demariyus Thomas against Richard Sherman all day and go

right at him.

I dont think they can stop him

The Hawks jump many routes and they use a single safety because they don't think you can beat them deep.

Peyton needs to take a shot down the field deep with Sanders and I'd line up Demariyus Thomas against Richard Sherman all day and go

right at him.

If I'm a starting QB in the NFL, I'm not letting the defense dictate anything to how I run my offense. I'm the one with the ball; I'm in charge. I throw down the field all day long. And my wide receivers better catch the damn ball. I've never liked dinking and dunking.

One key here..Perfect weather Sunday. Perfect conditions

That favors Denver..

If they can tire Seattle's defensive line...:Peyton gets free shots..

Here's the thing that nobody seems to question, can Peyton even still make those shots downfield? He throws almost everything laterally these days, probably because hes almost 40 years old and his arm is probably shot, but he's wily enough to adjust his play style to disguise it. I think this whole "Richard Sherman exposed" nonsense is over reactionary.

and again... IT'S IN SEATTLE. The hawks are a much, MUCH better team at the clink. Seeing them winning by 7 is more than reasonable.

Here's the thing that nobody seems to question, can Peyton even still make those shots downfield? He throws almost everything laterally these days, probably because hes almost 40 years old and his arm is probably shot, but he's wily enough to adjust his play style to disguise it. I think this whole "Richard Sherman exposed" nonsense is over reactionary.

and again... IT'S IN SEATTLE. The hawks are a much, MUCH better team at the clink. Seeing them winning by 7 is more than reasonable.

Asked and answered.

Long balls to Emmanuel Sanders in the last 3 games (including the pre-season 3rd game with Houston) show his arm post-surgery is getting stronger, not weaker...as most said it would

Sunday's key will be conditions..which are said to be upper 70s with little wind.

That's bad news for Seattle..

The media said Sherman is exposed but that's the same media said that Peyton cant throw downfield.

Remember..the Colts ere supposed to beat Denver because they did last year...and Seattle had no chance to beat Seattle last week

because they couldnt even beat Arizona in week one.

Given 5..take Denver

CBS - National TV 4:25 EST

- low 80s - little wind..no chance of rain

Super Bowl rematch is the 4th meeting of Denver and Seattle (2 were exhibitions) in 2 years... but the first in the regular season

Neither Russell Wilson or Peyton Manning have thrown an interception yet this season...

The spread, I believe, is the largest against Denver since Manning joined the team.

Wes Welker will be back for the Broncos..LB Von Miller left last week's game..did not return..

his status is in doubt

I would pick Seattle to cover the point spread but Denver will make a much better showing (how could they not?).

Denver has to play an error free game to win.

If they play anything close to the first 2 games, it will be a sorry affair.

Good points but I also think Seattle has to play better than they did vs. San Deigo. I don't know why but I feel like Manning is going to light them up, especially Sherman.

Good points but I also think Seattle has to play better than they did vs. San Deigo. I don't know why but I feel like Manning is going to light them up, especially Sherman.

Yeah i have faith in Manning but except Tamme and Sanders, i don't trust any receivers.

DT and JT are very unpredictable. DT is capable of dropping passes and playing soft ( not competing for the balls ) and JT can run his own routes.

Their defense is in complete shambles.

Seattle at home is 18-1 in the last 3 years. Not an easy place to play.

Maybe if last year mattered.......Seattle has change some personell on defense and Denver has changed half the starters

The first thing you are going to be told on the broadcast Sunday is that this is NOT the same Denver team.

.....many are having trouble grasping that..I heard on ESPN the simple mouths aggressively pointing to last year's game saying that proves what will happen Sunday. It cant

///...7 defensive starters for Denver Sunday did not play in Super Bowl...many weren't in the organization..

On offense..Ryan Clady and Emmanual Sanders did not play in that game Orlando Franklin and Chris Clark played other positions.

Seattle may win Sunday but they will beat a significantly different Denver team.

Maybe if last year mattered.......Seattle has change some personell on defense and Denver has changed half the starters

The first thing you are going to be told on the broadcast Sunday is that this is NOT the same Denver team.

.....many are having trouble grasping that..I heard on ESPN the simple mouths aggressively pointing to last year's game saying that proves what will happen Sunday. It cant

///...7 defensive starters for Denver Sunday did not play in Super Bowl...many weren't in the organization..

On offense..Ryan Clady and Emmanual Sanders did not play in that game Orlando Franklin and Chris Clark played other positions.

Seattle may win Sunday but they will beat a significantly different Denver team.

New team for sure but have you seen how this new team has played the last 2 games?.

They could very easily  have lost both games.

Against Seattle in Seattle, they wont come out with a win with all these mistakes.

New team for sure but have you seen how this new team has played the last 2 games?.

Against Seattle in Seattle, they wont come out with a win with all these mistakes.

That's at least an analysis based on this year..so its quality

But did you see Seattle last week.?

Massive breakdowns in the secondary....Old man Rivers whipped them like they were Adrian Peterson's boy (too soon?)

Take that into account, too.

What if Seattle plays the way they did last week..?

If Denver's revamped line can block the Seattle front....Can the Hawks cover all 4 Denver receivers?

Richard Sherman vs. Demariyus Thomas would be a prime time match...but I think Denver will 'bunch' (3 receivers on) Richard's side and attack (and run to) the other side

Don't read too much into the first couple of weeks of a season for any team.  It is always very unpredictable because it is the first action at full speed against an opponent who is game planning against you.  It takes a while to settle into the regular season routine.

One key here..Perfect weather Sunday. Perfect conditions

That favors Denver..

If they can tire Seattle's defensive line...:Peyton gets free shots..

Nothing favors Denver in Seattle. Denver is in big trouble Again. They have looked great so far this year. Seattle is mean at home.

Lay the points sit back and hope Manning season doesn't end Sunday. It won't be 43-7 but it is not going to be pretty.

Seattle is not the same seattle and Denver is not the same Denver .

Why would Peyton throw deep? Does no one realize Rivers attempted only one pass over 20 yards, the td to Gates, all game long? Dinking and dunking is how you beat Seattle. But 1 or 2 deep throws during the game is okay, because I do agree it might make the CBs back up. And for those doubting Peyton's deep ball...that's just flat out silly. He's had the best deep ball over the last 18 regular season games and the stats back it up.

right at him.

Just wondering why Thomas not Sanders ? Sherman has showed he can't cover smaller fast WR's . Line Thomas up on Burley and let him work him while Sanders works Sherman that is how I would attack them .

Why would Peyton throw deep? Does no one realize Rivers attempted only one pass over 20 yards, the td to Gates, all game long? Dinking and dunking is how you beat Seattle. But 1 or 2 deep throws during the game is okay, because I do agree it might make the CBs back up. And for those doubting Peyton's deep ball...that's just flat out silly. He's had the best deep ball over the last 18 regular season games and the stats back it up.

I don't believe you are correct on this - only one pass MADE over 20 but we had 2 or 3 stretch the field attempts.  A couple were close but well covered.  Regardless, the attempts were important in making the Hawks D play honest.

Peyton is going to have to take some chances down the field in this one to keep the defense honest. Trying to throw laterally all game against them isn't going to work just like it didn't work in the SB.

Seattle's strength is their deep coverage.  Their weakness is short to medium range passes on the sidelines with their LB's in coverage. 

Yeah i have faith in Manning but except Tamme and Sanders, i don't trust any receivers.

DT and JT are very unpredictable. DT is capable of dropping passes and playing soft ( not competing for the balls ) and JT can run his own routes.

Their defense is in complete shambles.

Seattle at home is 18-1 in the last 3 years. Not an easy place to play.

So do you no longer believe that Sanders is as good as Decker?

I would put Seattle as 9pt favorites at home...but I think the game is different than the SB. First off I think Denver uses two te sets...tries to run the ball keep it 3rd and managable and dinks and dunks to Sanders, Thomas bros, and Welker....my problem is with Denvers defense. If they can't keep Seattle out of the endzone they will be in trouble...because I think Seattle will hold Manning to FGs a lot....and if they don't get stops Seattle will slowly pull away. I think it is imparative Denver comes out fast at the beginning of the game and half time to try to limit the momentum as much as possible.

43-8 was fluke......Nobody's 35 better than anybody in the NFLI'd take Denver if you give me 5 points..and so would you

I would give you the 5. Denver has a shot if they can protect Manning......he throws some ducks when he isn't able to set his feet.