Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

More child abuse allegations for AP.

Dustin

Throw him in jail.

We throw guys who sell pot in jail. Why not child abusers more often. Oh I forget, he's a famous athlete.....

I think that's a little simplistic.  Child Abusers go to jail, although so far the tidal wave of abuse continues.  In this case I think his celebrity works decidedly against him

The fact that he's not been thrown in jail without due process is not proof of anything

This appears to be something truly serious.  It deserves proper investigation by trained professionals.

The Commissioner should not do the situation an injustice by saying something popular just because twitter twits think he should.  He needs to comment when the situation is appropriate and all of the facts have been properly determined and supported.

the NFL should call the Vikings and tell him to keep Adrian off the field until the courts rule on him

As I said on the other thread, the Vikings will end up benching him or releasing him soon. The pressure and out cry will be too great if they let him suit up. These NFL teams really need to get better PR people or listen to their PR people.

As I said on the other thread, the Vikings will end up benching him or releasing him soon. The pressure and out cry will be too great if they let him suit up. These NFL teams really need to get better PR people or listen to their PR people.

It's a matter of cap penalties. If he is cut and is found not guilty the Vikings won't get cap relief from the league. If and when he is found guilty he can be cut without the cap penalties

a.m.

Its not PR.....you cant release people who haven't been convicted of anything..and why would you want to

././all these cases are different.

Release guys who have been convicted ..only

It's a matter of cap penalties. If he is cut and is found not guilty the Vikings won't get cap relief from the league. If and when he is found guilty he can be cut without the cap penalties

okay, this makes sense ~ from a business standpoint.   I get that, and now I understand the position the Vikes are in.

It's just a sad situation, and by that I mean  Sad for the team, sad for the kids involved,  I could give a Rat's you know what about AP at this point.

Ray Rice is suing the NFL because they released him and he's guilty..

Imagine what the suit would be if somebody you cut is proven innocent

Not to mention....since AP is a big part of the Vikes offense, the whole team would be punished. 

The NFL just has to wait on things like this.  And because the team will be impacted a lot, I'm not even sure AP should sit. 

okay, this makes sense ~ from a business standpoint. I get that, and now I understand the position the Vikes are in.

It's just a sad situation, and by that I mean Sad for the team, sad for the kids involved, I could give a Rat's you know what about AP at this point.

right im with ya

No allegations, it's a fact.

He's a child abuser and should be in a prison for it.

But ya know, football comes first in this country and he's a rich guy, so he can do whatever he wants. The NFL don't care, he can play next week, no suspension needed even though he was arrested.

And people will defend him of course since there is an active fetish with discipline and because he's an athlete.

Are you kidding me?  Did you even read the article?

4169.jpg

TMZ reports Adrian Peterson has already been cleared of the latest child abuse accusation involving one of his other sons.

Peterson was accused of hitting one of his other sons, a four-year-old, in the forehead and leaving him with a scar after disciplining him for cursing at a sibling. A source said the case went nowhere because it was determined the boy was injured when he accidentally hit his head on a carseat while Peterson was punishing him. Peterson's form of discipline was "not impermissible." In Texas, parents are allowed to administer "reasonable punishment."
Source: TMZ Sports

Sep 1

This is what happens when you trust unreliable sources like TMZ.  They constantly shotgun out allegations and rumors against people and then constantly have to retract stuff because their editing is horrible.  In this case the retraction came 70 minutes after the initial report.

No allegations, it's a fact.

He's a child abuser and should be in a prison for it.

But ya know, football comes first in this country and he's a rich guy, so he can do whatever he wants. The NFL don't care, he can play next week, no suspension needed even though he was arrested.

And people will defend him of course since there is an active fetish with discipline and because he's an athlete.

Do you even believe half the crap you post?

Most of us state our opinions at times because we do believe it. Calling other people's opinions and thoughts crap is really immature.

Well that opinion isn't based on reality. There are plenty of millionaires sitting in prisons in this country, including former professional athletes.

And who is defending Peterson or ray rice?

What can a 4 year old could possibly have done to get "disciplined" this way??  I mean a 4 year old!!!!!!

* AP. 

Agree. I hate this crap so much. My parents never beat me or even spanked me. I was lucky.

The way we can discipline children in our society makes me sick. If it doesn't happen at home it can happen in school too. We teach them to FEAR. There is no love at times.....just fear and control.

Agree. I hate this crap so much. My parents never beat me or even spanked me. I was lucky.

The way we can discipline children in our society makes me sick. If it doesn't happen at home it can happen in school too. We teach them to FEAR. There is no love at times.....just fear and control.

There are typically two types of people on either side of this debate. Those that were spanked/hit and those that weren't. Those that weren't would obviously think that a simple spanking was terrible, let alone getting hit by a switch, and think AP is a monster. Its not as much of a shock for those that were, as its part of how you were raised.

Peterson was raised by his grandmother, who grew up in a time where this was exactly how you disciplined your children, and obviously has done what he has know to be THE way to disciple a child. I'm not defending his actions, but you have to maintain perspective with this issue. When its all you've known, its hard to see any wrong in it.

And in today's society, the complete lack of discipline is extremely apparent. Your teenagers/early twenties these days are some of the most spoiled, disrespectful, self-centered individuals our society has ever seen. They were brought up in a time where parents were scared out of their minds to place a finger on their child for fear of being a child abuser and it shows.

Like all things, its about balance..

:rantoff:

And in today's society, the complete lack of discipline is extremely apparent. Your teenagers/early twenties these days are some of the most spoiled, disrespectful, self-centered individuals our society has ever seen. They were brought up in a time where parents were scared out of their minds to place a finger on their child for fear of being a child abuser and it shows.

Like all things, its about balance..

So are many people who are older in America. I could point to many many many people in this country who are some of the most spoiled, disrespectful, self-centered and narcissistic people on the planet and they are past the age of 40, 50, 60 or 70.....whatever. It is not just the corrupted youth. I hear a lot about "the good ole days" when a lot of it wasn't that good IMO and a lot of it was a mirage of rules and morality to keep everyone in line. And lets not pretend many still don't abuse kids, women or even abuse people in school or in the work place. Happens every single day. There is still PLENTY of discipline being handed out on a daily basis.

Anyway whatever......Peterson sucks!!!!

You know its crazy that both the coach and GM did not want to reinstate AP until the investigations were complete, but the owners are too greedy and now he is going to be back on the field.
Trust me there will be a lot of locker room drama and the vikings will implode this season!

a.m.

Its not PR.....you cant release people who haven't been convicted of anything..and why would you want to

././all these cases are different.

Release guys who have been convicted ..only

This is open and shut mark. You have the pictures, testimony from the doctors, mother, and child. AP has admitted to the physical abuse and stands by what he did even though now he realizes it may have been excessive. On what basis would he not be found guilty?

I think in some situations you bite the bullet. They will lose more money and long term standing relationships with enraged fans than the money they would save on keeping him just in case he is found innocent which has a slim chance of happening given the evidence and testimonies.