Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BIG PLAYS !

hptXcolts

We live and die off big plays like 3rd and short or second and long for the offense...and same for the defense. If we are gonna win today we gotta Have those big play turn in our favor. That means as a group coaching staff included we have to execute all 4 quarters on both sides of the ball. To be honest I'm glad we got sum players out today, because the younger guys get a shot you never know were you'll find a diamond in the ruff #colts strong

So, you are saying for the Colts to win:

• The offense has to play well
  • The defense has to play well
  • The coaches have to coach well
  • And they have to do this for all 4 quarters of the game.

I think that is a good plan.  I hope the Eagles don't try that as well because if they do then it might be a close game.

I think that is a good plan.  I hope the Eagles don't try that as well because if they do then it might be a close game.

The blueprint how to win game(s)/championship.

I think that is a good plan. I hope the Eagles don't try that as well because if they do then it might be a close game.

I heard the Eagles are going to try and score more points than us. Interesting strategy as well.

Since we have no plans for our Special Teams to play well, we may be in trouble.

And what if it goes into overtime? 

I heard the Eagles are going to try and score more points than us. Interesting strategy as well.

Hmm, that could pose some problems for the Colts.  The strategies of this game are becoming like the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object.

Once these game plans unfold tonight, I think all the other teams in the league will try copying one or the other or maybe even both.  It is a copycat league after all.

Hmm, that could pose some problems for the Colts.  The strategies of this game are becoming like the unstoppable force meeting the immovable object.

Once these game plans unfold tonight, I think all the other teams in the league will try copying one or the other or maybe even both.  It is a copycat league after all.

I say we spot them 40...and play comeback the whole game.  It is tradition.

Sorry, we only plan for so many minutes. If it is into overtime, you are on your own.

Love the old school avatar!  Dick the Bruiser, right?  At first I thougth it was George the Animal Steele.

As far as projections for the game, I think we should count on at least one thread calling for our coaches and GM to be fired before the end of the half.  One on how we need to fix the Oline, and at least one on how TRich shouldn't be in the NFL.

Love the old school avatar!  Dick the Bruiser, right?  At first I thougth it was George the Animal Steele.

As far as projections for the game, I think we should count on at least one thread calling for our coaches and GM to be fired before the end of the half.  One on how we need to fix the Oline, and at least one on how TRich shouldn't be in the NFL.

I expect all of those for sure. Yes, it is Dick the Bruiser. I grew up in Indiana and I watched "The Bruiser" go against people like Cowboy Bob Ellis, Wilbur Snyder, the Shiek and many more. He died at 61 lifting weights at his home when he ruptured his esophagus. I'm glad you remembered him. Played football at Purdue and in the NFL for a while.

Sadly the Eagles implemented their strategy better than the Colts.  I think the Colts did the first three items, they just didn't do it for 4 qtrs.

Perhaps someone can answer this.  On the Colts last drive, they ran the ball 2 times and it was 3rd and 5.  Why line up with 5 WRs, especially since the Eagles were getting good pressure with their front 4?  Why not line up in the same off balance line or at least keep a RB in the backfield and do a play action pass or even *gasp* run it for the first down?

I know it's easy to second guess after the fact but still if they would have shown at least the threat of a running play it would have helped matters greatly.

Sadly the Eagles implemented their strategy better than the Colts.  I think the Colts did the first three items, they just didn't do it for 4 qtrs.

Perhaps someone can answer this.  On the Colts last drive, they ran the ball 2 times and it was 3rd and 2.  Why line up with 5 WRs, especially since the Eagles were getting good pressure with their front 4?  Why not line up in the same off balance line or at least keep a RB in the backfield and do a play action pass or even *gasp* run it for the first down?

I know it's easy to second guess after the fact but still if they would have shown at least the threat of a running play it would have helped matters greatly.

I have a harder time believing TEs were not targeted other than Jack Doyle.  Also wondering why said 5 WRs the caliber of ours cannot get open?????