Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets negate own TD

amfootball

The Jets are the hardest team to figure out. Every year the bounce around from good to great to absolutely terrible. Like a box of chocolates...you never know what your going to get. They also seem to have a play that defines them..from buttfumble to some crazy dumb gaffe....maybe they are just getting it out of the way early this year. It would be comical if there weren't a lot of Jets fans out there suffering through it. Its like the Ryans are snake bit by dumb broken plays etc.

I don't know if that's accurate. Rex called a timeout when he was DC for the Ravens in 2007. Cost them a win against the Pats on a 4th down stop. Maybe the rule has changed since then.

I'm not sure if it's accurate either after reading the OP lol. I had thought that was the case though. Learn something new every day.

Reminds me of a play between the Ravens and Pats a few years back where BAL stopped NE, but some dufus called a timeout on the Ravens sideline. The next play NE sealed the game.

That TO was called by Rex Ryan, who was the Ravens' DC at the time. And I don't think coordinators are allowed to call TOs either....

Rex sure does have bad luck with good plays being negated by last second TOs.

I thought that only the HC could call a timeout from the sideline?

That is what many are saying, but in all honesty if someone behind you yells time out it would be tough to tell if it is the head coach... or just some random guy. Especially if you are trying to keep an eye on the play among other things.

Reminds me of a play between the Ravens and Pats a few years back where BAL stopped NE, but some dufus called a timeout on the Ravens sideline. The next play NE sealed the game.

Ironically, Rex Ryan - at the time Baltimore's DC - was the caller of the "unintentional time out" that resulted in the Patriots beating the Ravens way back in 2007. Baltimore had them stopped on a 4th down play but Rex called timeout just before the snap, nullifying the play. Eerily similar. 

Ironically, Rex Ryan - at the time Baltimore's DC - was the caller of the "unintentional time out" that resulted in the Patriots beating the Ravens way back in 2007. Baltimore had them stopped on a 4th down play but Rex called timeout just before the snap, nullifying the play. Eerily similar.

I remember that. Pretty brutal.

amazing...Rex is Rex

I think the Ravens had the Patriots stopped the following two plays too. If I remember, the next play, the Ravens stuffed the Patriots again, but the play was ruled dead due to a false start on the Patriots, which set up like a 4th and 6. Then the next play, Brady throws an incomplete pass in the end zone and defensive holding is called on the Ravens. Talk about having more chances to win the game than I can count on one hand.

And on the final drive, the Ravens did connect on a Hail Mary that was caught at like the Pats' 3 yard line or something.

I think the Ravens had the Patriots stopped the following two plays too. If I remember, the next play, the Ravens stuffed the Patriots again, but the play was ruled dead due to a false start on the Patriots, which set up like a 4th and 6. Then the next play, Brady throws an incomplete pass in the end zone and defensive holding is called on the Ravens. Talk about having more chances to win the game than I can count on one hand.

And on the final drive, the Ravens did connect on a Hail Mary that was caught at like the Pats' 3 yard line or something.

Can't remember the exact order of things but yeah, that did happen too! 

In hindsight I always wonder if they would have somehow been better off losing that game. Would have taken the pressure off in going undefeated without sacrificing home field or playoff seeding. This was part of a stretch of pretty tight games that they won, and the pressure built up with every win.

The fourth and six play was just a short pass to pick up the first. No penalty. And fourth and six is harder to pick up then fourth and one.

The Gaffney play was at the end of the game where there was defensive holding and then a Ravens player took off his helmet and threw it tacking on another 15 yards on the kickoff. Ravens completely lost it at the end.

Greenie on Mike and Mike was livid this morning. I kind of thought it was funny myself.

There's a reason they call him Greenie..

...According to him..the Jets have the best front 7 in the NFL

..and the worst secondary in the NFL. Typical extreme opinion fan...

..and somebody has to tell him to shave off that horrible half beard. He looks like a crackhead.