Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week 2 eyebrow raisers

Warhorse

Well.....standings in week 2 mean exactly......richard. But......there are a couple of teams that aren't obeying their media prognostication.

Bills 2-0

Texans 2-0

Chiefs 0-2

Saints 0-2

Which odd trend will continue?

Chiefs 0-2 will result in 5 games won or less imo.  Too many injuries, and I know they made the broncos game close, but they never really stopped Peyton, Peyton just barely had the ball and penalties and negative rushes is what put the broncos in bad passing situations.  And I'm not a fan of Alex Smith at all.  I don't think he can carry a team.

I think the Bills can be an 8-8 team, they have an offense that works with EJ Manuel. I don't think that offense is good enough to get them enough wins for the playoffs, but I think they'll win games and they have a very good pass rush.

The Texans, I don't know.  I think they have played some really bad teams and I'm not a fan of Fitzpatrick.  He's doing enough to win so far, and Hopkins, Foster, and Johnson have all looked good.  That D-line is still very scary even without Clowney.  At the end of the season, I think it's the quarterback position that holds them back from getting 9 or 10 wins to challenge for the playoffs.

The Saints will make the playoffs imo because of the offense (and they still have Sean Payton).  I still think ten wins is worst case scenario for them.

Not a fan of the Saints, and for a team that was supposed to be basically Seattle's main competition this year they sure haven't played like it. The Chiefs kept the game close today at least but they do indeed have their hands full with two games against the Chargers and one more against Denver coming up. Plus they will be playing the NFC West this year, so things could get ugly.

Well.....standings in week 2 mean exactly......richard. But......there are a couple of teams that aren't obeying their media prognostication.

Bills 2-0

Texans 2-0

Chiefs 0-2

Saints 0-2

Which odd trend will continue?

It's been an interesting first two weeks.   

I was glad to see the Bills win today with Jim Kelly in attendance.   Very Cool.

Not a fan of the Saints, and for a team that was supposed to be basically Seattle's main competition this year they sure haven't played like it. The Chiefs kept the game close today at least but they do indeed have their hands full with two games against the Chargers and one more against Denver coming up. Plus they will be playing the NFC West this year, so things could get ugly.

I never considered the Saints as the Seahawks main competition. I had the Cardinals contending, and possibly winning the NFC. Even with all of the injuries. 

I never considered the Saints as the Seahawks main competition. I had the Cardinals contending, and possibly winning the NFC. Even with all of the injuries. 

Interesting. I always had the 49ers above Arizona, even in the preseason when they weren't executing on offense. I know the Saints offense especially with the addition of Cooks and Rob Ryan's defense was hyped up to come together as one of the more complete teams. I don't think there are many offenses that can contend with Seattle's D. Arizona won without Palmer today, but I'm not sure who they played in week one. The way the 49ers have looked so far though I still think they and Seattle are the ones to look out for in the NFC West.

I did not. I thought Cardinals were doomed with injuries. Boy was I wrong. That defense is very stout even with their losses, and they have more weapons than I realized. Floyd, Fitzgerald, Ellington, and this new kid Brown make them dangerous.  I think Palmer is in a similar spot to Nick Foles.  Both have teams that will win games as long as they play good, and most importantly, don't make the big turnover.  I don't believe either QB has to play "great" for their team to win.  I can see an Eagles/Cardinals NFC championship game.  I'm still not counting out the Saints, but I think the Eagles and Cardinals (and SF) both pose a bigger challenge to Seattle.

Interesting. I always had the 49ers above Arizona, even in the preseason when they weren't executing on offense. I know the Saints offense especially with the addition of Cooks and Rob Ryan's defense was hyped up to come together as one of the more complete teams. I don't think there are many offenses that can contend with Seattle's D. Arizona won without Palmer today, but I'm not sure who they played in week one. The way the 49ers have looked so far though I still think they and Seattle are the ones to look out for in the NFC West.

Arizona beat the Chargers last Monday, and the Chargers just beat Seattle, so that must mean the Cardinals are the best out of the three! Or not :P But I do think Arizona is good enough to compete against the 49ers and Seahawks.  They have the defense needed to win those games.

The major strength of Seattle is its secondary, and it is my opinion that Arizona has just as good of a secondary, and possibly a tad bit better.

We will see how it plays out, but don't be shocked if the Cardinals win the NFC West outright. I won't be. 

Arizona beat the Chargers in week 1.

The major strength of Seattle is its secondary, and it is my opinion that Arizona has just as good of a secondary, and possibly a tad bit better.

We will see how it plays out, but don't be shocked if the Cardinals win the NFC West outright. I won't be. 

Arizona beat the Chargers in week 1.

Ooh, that's bold, man! You sure you're not Patrick Peterson here posting in NFL General? ;) Thanks for the heads up about their first match-up though. I suppose anything can happen as far as the division goes, this is the NFL.

Ooh, that's bold, man! You sure you're not Patrick Peterson here posting in NFL General? ;) Thanks for the heads up about their first match-up though. I suppose anything can happen as far as the division goes, this is the NFL.

LOL. Nope. I don't believe it is a bold statement. 

Put it this way, Powers is the Cardinals nickel corner, and for a few seasons he was the best corner playing for the Colts. He could start on many teams.

LOL. Nope. I don't believe it is a bold statement. 

Put it this way, Powers is the Cardinals nickel corner, and for a few seasons he was the best corner playing for the Colts. He could start on many teams.

Against the Legion of Boom though? They even managed to get that Marcus Burley kid to make some key plays in his first action with the team within two weeks. I like Mathieu too but man. :)

Against the Legion of Boom though? They even managed to get that Marcus Burley kid to make some key plays in his first action with the team within two weeks. I like Mathieu too but man. :)

Look at some common denominators.

For example, TY lit the legion of boom up. Arizona shut him down. 

Rivers owned the legion of boom today (3TD'd no picks). He did not look so good against the Cardinals (1 TD 1 INT).

Look at some common denominators.

For example, TY lit the legion of boom up. Arizona shut him down. 

Rivers owned the legion of boom today (3TD'd no picks). He did not look so good against the Cardinals (1 TD 1 INT).

Meh, they made the best quarterback in the game ignore one half of the field and still got an interception out of him. Not to mention what they did to the Broncos best ever offense, despite what one receiver did to them in a regular season game. Rivers had a good game no doubt, but I think the Seahawks secondary has earned enough respect and is definitely talented enough for them to be able to overcome a bad day.

is the NFC West as tough as folks say..??

after 2 games...look at the records

Really after 2 games your thinking he NFC West isn't that tough? Every team is a hard hitting defensive minded club even the Rams get after it on D. They have

The Super Bowl Champion

The  team that has been to the last 3 NFC championship games and one Super Bowl

A  team on the rise that  went 7-2 to finish the yr losing by a fg week 17 to SF to finish 10-6 just missing the playoffs

The worse team in that division lead the league in scoring defense last year.

I would say yes even after week 2 the NFC West is still and will remain a very tough division.

After 2 games the entire division is at 500 or better????? It is still the toughest division in football in my opinion.

I can't believe the niners dropped that game to the bears. That could come back to haunt them. A chance to get a game up on the Hawks and they squandered it. 

The Bills will not continue to lead the East. It will be the Pats and Jets that are 1 and 2 in a few weeks.

San Deigo is the team to watch. The should be right there with Denver.

I have no idea what has happened to the Saints especially defensively but not a good sign with Payton was yelling at Ryan on the sidelines. Maybe Bogie can shed some light. I do think the Saints will be there at the end but being two behind Carolina at this point and a loss to Atlanta is a tough way to start out.

Player to watch - Kirk Cousins. He will be the QB the rest of the season it looks like and he was superb yesterday. The Skins have life I think in that horrible division.

Really after 2 games your thinking he NFC West isn't that tough? Every team is a hard hitting defensive minded club even the Rams get after it on D. They have

The Super Bowl Champion

The  team that has been to the last 3 NFC championship games and one Super Bowl

A  team on the rise that  went 7-2 to finish the yr losing by a fg week 17 to SF to finish 10-6 just missing the playoffs

The worse team in that division lead the league in scoring defense last year.

I would say yes even after week 2 the NFC West is still and will remain a very tough division.

After 2 games the entire division is at 500 or better????? It is still the toughest division in football in my opinion.

OK, I get it that the season is still very young and that most teams are nowhere near mid season form.

I just do not understand the constant media love fest with this division which has finally had a couple of good years after a decade of being absolutely dreadful.  The teams are solid but they are not the unbeatable murderer's row the media treats them as.

I'm shocked Peyton Manning has only 6 TD passes...in 2 games

'

.....WE all know he had 10 at this time last year...

What's the problem, Sherriff!!!!

It's a marathon not a sprint.

So far, to me, Arizona Cardinals seem like they are the team that will challenge the Seahawks for the NFC West the best and might vie for HFA throughout the playoffs in the NFC and might become the first team to play in their home stadium in the SB.

Cincinnati Bengals look like a team that might make the AFCCG this year. Broncos look like they might end up being a wild card team (#3 seed or lower) with the way they let teams hang around which will hurt them against better teams.

Hate to say it, Skip Bayless actually called the Chargers upset of the Seahawks. He said Seahawks go 15-1 after losing at SD. We will see about the 15-1 part. I do think the Seahawks were caught looking ahead, much like the Colts were when they played the Chargers on the road before they played the Broncos at home. That is only bad news for the Broncos, IMO.

To me, the Arizona Cardinals, Bengals and Chargers will be the most improved teams this year.

So far, to me, Arizona Cardinals seem like they are the team that will challenge the Seahawks for the NFC West the best and might vie for HFA throughout the playoffs in the NFC and might become the first team to play in their home stadium in the SB.

Cincinnati Bengals look like a team that might make the AFCCG this year. Broncos look like they might end up being a wild card team (#3 seed or lower) with the way they let teams hang around which will hurt them against better teams.

Hate to say it, Skip Bayless actually called the Chargers upset of the Seahawks. He said Seahawks go 15-1 after losing at SD. We will see about the 15-1 part. I do think the Seahawks were caught looking ahead, much like the Colts were when they played the Chargers on the road before they played the Broncos at home. That is only bad news for the Broncos, IMO.

To me, the Arizona Cardinals, Bengals and Chargers will be the most improved teams this year.

To the bolded: All of those teams were a step or two away from making the leap to being very good, so most improved is likely a stretch. A lot of the AFC South teams will probably look better than they are though, by virtue of the cupcake schedule the division has this year. Conversly, people are going to wonder why the Broncos seemed to have declined, now that they actually have a strength of schedule that's not lolworthy.

To the bolded: All of those teams were a step or two away from making the leap to being very good, so most improved is likely a stretch. A lot of the AFC South teams will probably look better than they are though, by virtue of the cupcake schedule the division has this year. Conversly, people are going to wonder why the Broncos seemed to have declined, now that they actually have a strength of schedule that's not lolworthy.

Most improved will be in terms of playoff stature. Chargers will be at worst a #5 seed for the AFC playoffs. Cardinals will be a game away from NFC HFA and they may even get the #1 seeding, who knows. Bengals might get #1 seed in the AFC.

All of those will be very improved playoff seedings if they play out that way. None of them will back in to the playoffs, they will be in the playoffs in an emphatic manner, IMO.

I'm shocked Peyton Manning has only 6 TD passes...in 2 games

'

.....WE all know he had 10 at this time last year...

What's the problem, Sherriff!!!!

The fact that Peyton may only end up with 40-45 TDs this year people will say he is washed up lol. (Funny that he would still be on pace for Marino's mark but thats a dissapointment now days). I think he has a tough game coming up this week IN Seattle but I think he has been let down a lot by his receivers so far this year. A lot of drives stopped because of themselves and not the defense so far.

I think the NFC has the most turmoil so far.  But the AFC is looking like I thought it would for the most part. I still see the Broncos going 15-1 or 14-2 (if they win this week, they're going undefeated imo). Chargers are good, but they're not on the Broncos level yet.  They won't win 13 games which is what will be needed to win the division.  Patriots will still win the AFC East. Bills might challenge for it because of an easier schedule and if they can split with the Patriots, they'll have a shot.  Still too soon though to tell if the Bills are for real.  Bengals look good, but I Dalton will have his bad days that cost the team the win.  They'll go at best 12-4.  The colts still will win the AFC South.  Texans are the only contender and I only seem them winning 8 games or 9 at the most. 

NFC is wide open.  Seattle, Saints, Cardinals, 49ers, Bears, Packers, Panthers, Falcons, and Eagles all have a shot.  I still like the Eagles to get the 1st overall seed.