Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Re. Colt Addition - De Mario Addison Stands Out

bayone

Thanks to an active offseason, the Bears have a lot of depth along the defensive line. The club picked defensive tackle Stephen Paea in the second round of the NFL Draft, and they've added former first-round picks Vernon Gholston and Amobi Okoye.

But an undrafted rookie is turning heads and consistently making plays.

And he's from a smaller school with a reputation for developing pass rushers

New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora and Dallas Cowboys linebacker DeMarcus Ware both played at Troy.

Addison has distinguished himself with an explosive first step and his flexibility

http://blogs.suntime...mario_addi.html

It seems like the Bears cut him because they just have an abundance of talent along the defensive line.

http://www.stampedeb...e-mario-addison

He sure does have explosion, not to mention he looks good in the run... i doubt he'll be able to get any play time unless mathis or freeney god for bid goes down.... he's basically another jerry hughes

Why do you think that. Mathis and Freeney are subbed out alot in games. He'll get plenty of snaps.

I wonder if he plays well, will he replace Mathis next season? :(

Why do you think that. Mathis and Freeney are subbed out alot in games. He'll get plenty of snaps.

I agree that he will get snaps as staff is hopefully realizing our small d cant last and need a good rotation to get some rest

hopefullty he will hold his own if not give n some upside surprise

He sure does have explosion, not to mention he looks good in the run... i doubt he'll be able to get any play time unless mathis or freeney god for bid goes down.... he's basically another jerry hughes

When has the terms "explosive", "good against the run" ever been used in the same sentence with Jerry Hughes?????

Well since the colts have brayton and anderson i doubt he will get much playing time... just like jerry hughes.. then again he could show alot and then get playing time.... right now with the whole situation with peyton and the possiblilty of getting luck... the chances of getting mathis and wayne back does not look good, and if they dont resign them i wouldnt be too worried about it.

When has the terms "explosive", "good against the run" ever been used in the same sentence with Jerry Hughes?????

Have you actually seen Hughes play? the guy was good against the run at TCU and he still is for a guy his size playing OUT of position and i stress OUT.

Why doesn't Hughes put on 10lbs of muscle to be a better DE?

He needs to be a rotational OLB/DE in a different system. Besides, it's not just as easy as adding a few pounds of muscle to get better. I think everyone who was ever considered undersized would have done that if it were that easy.

Some bodies just don't handle the added weight anyway. It's the very reason why some boxers fail when trying to jump up in class above their natural, or "street" weight.

I dont think that would help him, he has no pass moves like freeney or isnt fast like mathis... he just seems out of position and on the wrong defense.

Hughes is actually really fast but you nailed it on the head when you said he has no pass rush moves which is why he struggles and plays out of position.

Hughes is actually really fast but you nailed it on the head when you said he has no pass rush moves which is why he struggles and plays out of position.

Hughes could have very well panned out for the colts... but the colts arent giving the guy any snaps which i think is a big mistake... how are you gonna evaluate a player if you dont let him get out there and play, yes you have practice but practice isnt game time.

I don't understand this year why they are so patient with getting young players on the field.

Nor do I, while you have to go out and try to win each game, I think we need to start really using the next 6 games as a giant training camp. Obvioulsy, not in a learning the plays sense, because hopefully we wil have a new coaching staff next year, but from a talent evaluation sense.

People like Hughes should be playing way more. Not only do we save wear and tear on a guy like Freeny but we also give him the best chance to improve.

Well none of the moves this team has made this year have really made a lot of sense have they? I can't honestly believe that a team can make these kinds of decisions in the NFL unless they are doing them 180 degrees from what they should be doing them in order to lose and gain draft pick position. Even the worst coaches are able to figure out that you have to try something new in order to have a chance to win a game, and I know we seem to have some terrible coaching here but I refuse to believe that someone in Caldwells position is really this bad.