Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

coach says t rich bradshaw 50 50

wesd2890

NFL.COM quotes pagano saying t rich and bradshaw spilting carrys 50 50.. just a couple months ago pagano said trich would be a 3 down back. Why all a sudden is trich becoming a change of pace back. After only 6 carries seems like theyre giving up on him. How long do you guys think bradshaws body can handle half the work load?

P.S.... DONT MAKE THIS A BASH T RICH FORM. Use football knowledge to make your case

Fish only thing good about that post is the byyahhh picture lol.. gotta love dave.. but seriously you really think Bradshaw can last the season. I also believe that bradshaw at this point is better than t rich but im thinking that we should use him more sparringly that way he will be fresher for a postseason run. Fact is that we wont beable to see what t rich can do on 6 carries a game.(i know we saw last year but im talking now that he knows playbook)

Fish only thing good about that post is the byyahhh picture lol.. gotta love dave.. but seriously you really think Bradshaw can last the season. I also believe that bradshaw at this point is better than t rich but im thinking that we should use him more sparringly that way he will be fresher for a postseason run. Fact is that we wont beable to see what t rich can do on 6 carries a game.(i know we saw last year but im talking now that he knows playbook)

It's certainly a wait and see, but the the numbers are what they are. 

That what a large amount of teams do in the NFL now anyway!

Everyone is acting like it's a suprise.

I really think T Rich can be more effective without a fullback becuase when we put a fullback in defenses just stack the box.

50/50 will be good for both!

I hope T rich can prove he's a 3 down back and be good for us. I expect this year to be exactly like last year in terms of our running game. T rich starts and as the season goes on gets phased out of the offense. I honestly feel that if T rich doesn't perform THIS year, we should cut/trade him.

> trade first round pick for a RB

> way less than league average YPC

> gets <= 50% of carries

> mfw people still think we won this trade

Not sure who thinks the Colts "won" the trade, but some of us, at least I feel, that the Colts should game plan to get the most out of the trade/T Rich while he is a member of the team...

Bradshaw is one of my favorite Colts & I loved his signing, so I'm all for him getting more playing time, and somehow I feel that taking a more limited role may be the best thing in helping bring Trent along to at least becoming somewhat effective...

NFL.COM quotes pagano saying t rich and bradshaw spilting carrys 50 50.. just a couple months ago pagano said trich would be a 3 down back. Why all a sudden is trich becoming a change of pace back. After only 6 carries seems like theyre giving up on him. How long do you guys think bradshaws body can handle half the work load?

P.S.... DONT MAKE THIS A BASH T RICH FORM. Use football knowledge to make your case

Bradshaw should be fine, he's gonna do half the work, most teams utilize 2 backs to keep there legs fresh i think he will be ok.

I guess the first part of football knowledge is drawing an incorrect conclusion from limited evidence.  For example Bradshaw and TRich splitting carries 50/50 does not have anything to do with Trich or Bradshaw being a 3 down back.

I like TRich and I think if given the carries he would do well.  That being said, I think Bradhsaw is the better RB but we all know that if you give Bradshaw 20 carries a game he would probably last two maybe three games.  So, it makes sense for them to split carries. 

Lastly the coaches need to realize that no matter who the RB is 5-10 carries a game is not good, I know those that don't understand how devestating that is to a team will say "fell behind so early had to abandon the run game.'  But that is not true, you don't abandon the run game in the first half no matter what.  And to start the 2nd half the Colts were only down 17... 17 points is not a reason to abandon the running game.  The coaches also need to learn that it's okay to run the ball twice or more in a row.  Even if the first run only gains a yard or two, it's okay to run the ball again.