Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucks ceiling?

Trace Pyott

After seeing luck progress for 2 yr where do you put lucks ceiling. I do not think he will ever put up the just silly numbers of manning . I am talking statistically of course not how many sb wins he will have because that is such a team accomplishment. Based on his stats whAt kind of qb do you see his ceiling be. If there isn't anyone to compare him to how about at his ceiling how many tds, int, yards do you see him avg once he hits his ceiling. I would say 35td 15int 4300yds.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As a fan and not knowing all the circumstances that can make a QB look good or bad, such as WR`s not running the correct route or being on the same page as a QB, it looks like Luck has hit his ceiling. Its only 1 game but I`d swear he`s still telegraphing where he`s throwing the ball, it still tends to sail high and doesn't put a "touch" on some of his passes, yet he can run freaking sideways and hit a man in stride? Its hard to say when you factor in the offensive line

I think his ceiling is extremely high. I personally think what he's done with this team in the first two years is amazing. I think it's very amazing considering all the glaring holes of the team which include but are not limited to, a lack of running game, OL still working many kinks out to say the least, and a mediocre D at best. The sky is the limit for this kid and he's so young. I think he will be elite and a HOF once it's all said and done but they got a lot of work to do. There's nothing that shows me Luck won't continue to grow and get better.

Yeah, he's a 6 right now

Isn't that what we were supposed to answer? Where his ceiling is right now/for the season?

I believe the OP is asking ... when Luck reaches his full potential/playing at the highest level he is capable of achieving between now and when he retires ... what will that "ceiling" or highest level be 1-10.

I believe the OP is asking ... when Luck reaches his full potential/playing at the highest level he is capable of achieving between now and when he retires ... what will that "ceiling" or highest level be 1-10.

So the original poster believes Andrew's highest ceiling is 35 when talking touchdowns for his entire career?

Yeah, he's a 6 right now

Isn't that what we were supposed to answer? Where his ceiling is right now/for the season?

No....   I think the OP is asking what is Luck's ultimate ceiling.    Best of his career.

And even if he were asking about right now....    you think he's a 6 right now?

Goodness gracious,  you're scaring me TK!!     I think someone spiked your apple juice!!

No.... I think the OP is asking what is Luck's ultimate ceiling. Best of his career.

And even if he were asking about right now.... you think he's a 6 right now?

Goodness gracious, you're scaring me TK!! I think someone spiked your apple juice!!

Yes, I think he's a 6 right now.

Not as bad as you're making it seeing as how 9 is the highest I'd give anyone

10 means perfect and no one on earth is perfect sooo yeah

This is the season. Luck needs time to throw. Even of it's an extra second. He should also know what each lineman is effective at. If he is calling the plays this season the first game wasn't too good until the second half. Blame Pep all you guys want. Andrew was right for blaming himself. This is the season where he gets more control of the offense. Put us in the best positions possible Luck!

So if you were to rank the QBs in the league right now 1-32 you would rank Luck between #10 - #15 because that's the range a 6 would probably fall in.

(No Specific order)

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. P. Manning

3. T. Brady

4. Matt Ryan

5. Big Ben

6. Cam Newton

7. Andrew Luck

Somewhere in that range

(No Specific order)

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. P. Manning

3. T. Brady

4. Matt Ryan

5. Big Ben

6. Cam Newton

7. Andrew Luck

Somewhere in that range

I would says if thats where you are putting him he is probably more than a 6 (btw I would probably put Brees up there somewhere ;) )

I would says if thats where you are putting him he is probably more than a 6 (btw I would probably put Brees up there somewhere ;) )

Shoot, forgot Brees! (Must still have dislike towards him for the SB loss they gave us)

And as I stated above. A 6 isn't as bad as you guys are making it. 9 is the highest I'll give. 10 is the highest on the scale but that's perfect and no QB is perfect so 9 is the highest I'll give

Therefore I think 6 is fine for a QB who's only been in the NFL for 2 years and one game

Yes, I think he's a 6 right now.

Not as bad as you're making it seeing as how 9 is the highest I'd give anyone

10 means perfect and no one on earth is perfect sooo yeah

Earlier today I chided Superman for his grades on our games with the Broncos Monday.

And now I'm chiding you for giving Luck only a 6 and forgetting Brees altogether!

OK......    who are you,  and what have you done with our friend, TK?!?       Back away from the website and no one gets hurt!

Give us back TK safe and sound and everything will be OK!         :thmup:

Earlier today I chided Superman for his grades on our games with the Broncos Monday.

And now I'm chiding you for giving Luck only a 6 and forgetting Brees altogether!

OK...... who are you, and what have you done with our friend, TK?!? Back away from the website and no one gets hurt!

Give us back TK safe and sound and everything will be OK! :thmup:

*Shrugs* Made a mistake and forgot Bree's, he'll get over it. Maybe make another Nyquil commercial

And like I said, he's a 6 in my eyes. You have your perspective, and me and my apple juice have ours

To be honest, I think Luck's ceiling is just above Ben Roethlisberger. Reason being, I think Luck's football IQ is higher and is already showing it now. However, I don't think he will ever reach that Brady, Manning, Brees pedestal. Maybe he will someday, but I just don't see it; yet. In terms of scale an 8, maybe a 9. He's a good QB, but has a ways to go before "I am" saying great.

To be honest, I think Luck's ceiling is just above Ben Roethlisberger. Reason being, I think Luck's football IQ is higher and is already showing it now. However, I don't think he will ever reach that Brady, Manning, Brees pedestal. Maybe he will someday, but I just don't see it; yet. In terms of scale an 8, maybe a 9. He's a good QB, but has a ways to go before "I am" saying great.

See your scale is different from mine. The highest you'll give is a 10, that's a perfect score on my scale

So if Andrew is a 9 on yours, Bree's, Peyton, & Brady must be 10's

See your scale is different from mine. The highest you'll give is a 10, that's a perfect score on my scale

So if Andrew is a 9 on yours, Bree's, Peyton, & Brady must be 10's

I thought the scale was 1-10. A 10 is perfect and only less than a handful of guys, the ones we already know, would get that rating in my opinion.

season stats depend very much on what the coaching staff is running. If we still had BA here luck would have had 40+ yds last year with 5K yds with Pep he will be high 20s or low 30s for TDs and low 4K for yds. who knows what the next guy will want.

He got more TD's last year than he did with Arians offense. Luck had more TD's last year than Palmer did in Arians offense last year. If you look at Arians history as an OC, his QB's don't tend to really put up a lot of passing TD's. He's a great OC between the 20's, but very mediocre when it comes to the redzone. I look for Luck to get career highs in yardage and TD's this year.

He got more TD's last year than he did with Arians offense. Luck had more TD's last year than Palmer did in Arians offense last year. If you look at Arians history as an OC, his QB's don't tend to really put up a lot of passing TD's. He's a great OC between the 20's, but very mediocre when it comes to the redzone. I look for Luck to get career highs in yardage and TD's this year.

They don't put up many TD's cause they're too busy putting up INT's

:Nuke: