Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Philadelphia (+3) at Indianapolis (9-15-14)

oldunclemark

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They lost their offensive line.... If we can't stop them we seriously need help on defense

They shouldn't score more than 17

What? Against the Colt's defensive juggernaut? I think they will score twice that amount. They may still lose but they will score and score often.

TK..you know the Eagles are going to score more than 17

..and the eagles didn't lose all 5 offensive linemen did they? I didn't hear that

They put 2 on IR and I believe one was their best lineman

If we seriously can't get a pass rush or stop the run we don't deserve to be in the playoff race

If we seriously can't get a pass rush or stop the run we don't deserve to be in the playoff race

They were very deep in the O-line....and a lot of what they do is deception..not pure power.

You've seen them..

We're not Houston..and we have a problem

They were very deep in the O-line....and a lot of what they do is deception..not pure power.

You've seen them..

We're not Houston..and we have a problem

Deep doesn't always mean good. Like I said, starters vs backups

If our starters can't beat their backups, we don't deserve to be in the playoff race

TK..you know the Eagles are going to score more than 17

..and the eagles didn't lose all 5 offensive linemen did they? I didn't hear that

They'll be without 4 of the 7 O linemen they were carrying to start the season. Their anchor, another 2 startarters, and a backup. They'll be playing practice squad guys on O line.

If Mathis was in this game, we would blow them out.

I actually think Philly is a game where Mathis wouldn't be as effective, & could've actually been more of a liability in the run game...

Think we'll miss 98 more against New England, Cincy, & the Div. games...

Man, looking at the season, with Dallas & NYG on the schedule there was a lot of potential for Mathis to really rack up some sacks...

what a bummer man...

So neither team has an offensive line.  It's gonna be a high scoring game.  Whoever has the ball last will win.

Neither team has an o line and you call for an offensive game?

We do have an O Line and  D Line this will not be a last possession game.

They'll be without 4 of the 7 O linemen they were carrying to start the season. Their anchor, another 2 startarters, and a backup. They'll be playing practice squad guys on O line.

But O-line was their strength ...don't assume the backups cant play

,and their skill guys smoked JAX even after those injuries, right?

But O-line was their strength ...don't assume the backups cant play

,and their skill guys smoked JAX even after those injuries, right?

Their RT was a back up for Lane Johnson. The backup wasn't good anyway so losing him isn't a big deal. Evan Mathis is arguably the best LG in Football. Losing him hurts. But like you said, the Eagles o-line was still dominant for a whole half after the injuries. The 3 starters playing this week are all top 5 or top 3 at their positions. I don't understand why people think we'll win because of a poor eagles line. We'll win because Foles blows it. Guys will still be running wide open, running backs will still have lanes to run through. Foles and a suspect secondary is the weakness on that team.

Stopping the run will be harder simply on the fact they have two very elusive backs..but for some reason I think we'll be able to stop their running game..its the screens and open field tackling from passes that im worried about

Their RT was a back up for Lane Johnson. The backup wasn't good anyway so losing him isn't a big deal. Evan Mathis is arguably the best LG in Football. Losing him hurts. But like you said, the Eagles o-line was still dominant for a whole half after the injuries. The 3 starters playing this week are all top 5 or top 3 at their positions. I don't understand why people think we'll win because of a poor eagles line. We'll win because Foles blows it. Guys will still be running wide open, running backs will still have lanes to run through. Foles and a suspect secondary is the weakness on that team.

Little bit of an overstatement, as I don't think any of the remaining starters are actually top five at their positions, but your point is well taken.  Fact remains that they gave up five sacks to Jax last week, so the line may be an issue for them.  Their top interior back-up (Tobin) is still too injured to play, so they're scraping the bottom of their barrell, but they're lucky that it was a relatively deep barrell to begin with.  I expect some fairly quick passes to help Foles in the event of shaky Pass Protection.  However, the Colts will have to show they can pressure the passer without blitzing before they would change their normal gameplan - we don't have a reputation as a good pass rushing team without Mathis...

If Mathis was in this game, we would blow them out.

I don't understand why you would even bring this up since he is gone for the season and perhaps for his career is over in Indy. You are also wrong. You apparently do not realize what a liability Mathis was against a good running team.

If Manusky can figure out that DQ Jackson SHOULD NOT cover Ertz, we should be fine. 

Sproles has always been Colts kryptonite......not looking forward to playing him.

Agree!  Sproles has always been the type of back that gave us fits.  Hopefully this new-look run defense will not dramatically overpursue, like the old D did...

crazy huh???

Not really...you don't think vegas gets rich by being dumb....they got interest on all that money. I tell you there are some very knowledgable nerds working in vegas. You ever watch the wise guys with Colin Cowherd? Can't really stand Colin but its a good segment. Learn quite a bit about teams from that segment from a nerdy little guy that has no football background then all the pundits on tv combined lol.

The Colts haven't lost consecutive games since Luck has been the quarterback. I'm thiking the pattern will hold this Monday. Also, I found on other forums that some Eagle fans have a bad feeling about this game since they have lost some offensive players. It's going to be tough with Mathis out, but the Colts can pull out a victory.

Not really...you don't think vegas gets rich by being dumb....they got interest on all that money. I tell you there are some very knowledgable nerds working in vegas. You ever watch the wise guys with Colin Cowherd? Can't really stand Colin but its a good segment. Learn quite a bit about teams from that segment from a nerdy little guy that has no football background then all the pundits on tv combined lol.

oh yeah, the odds makers are on it, I was surprised with how many of the lines I saw/paid attention too were right on the money and it was opening weekend...

it still amazes me...

haven't seen that show, with Colin, however I do like his sense of humor, so I may have to check it out...

Little bit of an overstatement, as I don't think any of the remaining starters are actually top five at their positions, but your point is well taken. Fact remains that they gave up five sacks to Jax last week, so the line may be an issue for them. Their top interior back-up (Tobin) is still too injured to play, so they're scraping the bottom of their barrell, but they're lucky that it was a relatively deep barrell to begin with. I expect some fairly quick passes to help Foles in the event of shaky Pass Protection. However, the Colts will have to show they can pressure the passer without blitzing before they would change their normal gameplan - we don't have a reputation as a good pass rushing team without Mathis...

It's not really an overstatement. Peters is the best or second best left tackle in football. His pass blocking is very good, but there is not a single tackle I can think who creates more massive holes than him in the run game. Kelce is a top 3 center and honestly I would take him before any other center playing right now. Heremans might not be be top 5, but of he isn't he's close. When that line is healthy, Heremans is the weakest link but only because the other guys are so outstanding. He played superbly this past Sunday. The line wasn't at fault for most of the snaps. Foles just held onto the ball way too long. You could see that a sack or fumble was coming since 5 seconds had gone by and Foles still hadn't made up his mind where he wanted to throw the ball. Their is some concern about how well the back ups will play, but they looked solid when they came in last week and didn't give up any sacks.

Gamelan-wise, I think the colts should focus more on finding a way to cover their tight ends. The Eagles use Celek and Ertz more effectively than the Broncos use Julius, which is a scary thought. Without Robert, I don't really see Foles being rushed. He'll have time but his decision making is still suspect. He likes to dump off passes to McCoy when in trouble so we should always have someone keying in on him. McCoy is dangerous in space, but isn't much of a route runner. It'll be interesting to see how Chip uses Sproles in the passing game and if he puts sproles and mccoy on the field at the same time. I don't think we could handle that matchup.

Hey guys, Eagles fan here perusing the site before the game. Just want to drop some knowledge for you guys to get to know the opponent a little more before the game starts.

They lost their offensive line.... If we can't stop them we seriously need help on defense

They shouldn't score more than 17

We still have 3 of 5 starting offensive lineman, and we recently signed a guard from the Texans you guys might know. He was in the pro bowl 2 years ago, his name is Wade Bryan or something like that. It was either him or Eric Winston and we went with him. So our line is banged up, but it's relatively fine. They did seem to play better after the injuries, but who knows.

Little bit of an overstatement, as I don't think any of the remaining starters are actually top five at their positions, but your point is well taken.  Fact remains that they gave up five sacks to Jax last week, so the line may be an issue for them.  Their top interior back-up (Tobin) is still too injured to play, so they're scraping the bottom of their barrell, but they're lucky that it was a relatively deep barrell to begin with.  I expect some fairly quick passes to help Foles in the event of shaky Pass Protection.  However, the Colts will have to show they can pressure the passer without blitzing before they would change their normal gameplan - we don't have a reputation as a good pass rushing team without Mathis...

Jason Peters was the starting left tackle on the ALL-PRO team. While you are entitled to disagree, I think top 5 at his position isn't a stretch when everyone else in the NFL thinks he's number 1.

Do you guys follow Pro Football Focus at all? It's a pretty big deal on the Eagles site, and they had Jason Kelce listed as the single best center in the entire NFL in 2013. And we do have pretty nice depth, since basically our starting 5 have been lynchpins for awhile now, so all the backups have been draft picks that are given an eternity to develop.

While we do have injuries, the guys we're playing aren't going g to just be falling over each other. Practice squad guys? Jason Peters? The Toddfather? Jason Kelce? C'mon, man.

As for the rest of our team, you probably hear enough about our O. The D, however, hasn't allowed more than 22 points for 12 consecutive regular season games. The good news for you though is we're awesome at run defense. Seriously awesome. And we were 32nd in pass defense last year.

Simply put our D is much better then what people think. In week one we saw the best team we will see this season other then the playoffs. Yet we only lost by 7, whereas the Eagles were down big against the Jags, really? We all know what we will get out of the offence, but its the other side on the ball on D that we have gotten very stronger.

This game scares me. The Eagles can score a lot fast. The good news is Foles did not look great the first half vs Jax but then caught fire in the second half. I have to think we can score on this team. The key is getting off to a good start which has never been a strength for us. Have to play well early and get ourselves and the fans going.