Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck vs. Peyton Manning

bap1331

I chose to go with Peyton Manning and Drew Brees as my QBs. I know it sounds ridiculous but i had the last pick and everyone took the good RBs. So i decided to take revenge and take the 2 best QBs in hopes of trading one for a good runninback after a couple of weeks and seeing their performances. Smart right?

But the main topic is Andrew Luck. I decided to pass on him because we tend to rely on the running game if it works. Luck will probably put in 2 or 3 TDs a game. and hand off 1 or 2 to a runninback. Hes not a touchdown machine like Brees or Peyton.

Also once they get to a certain point of a game where the offense is ahead, they cool down a bit and pass the work to Hasselbeck. Whereas Peyton or Brees will do everything to run up to the score to like 49 points to 62 if they can. Which means more fantasy points.

What do you think? Will it be different?

• 2 weeks later...

So far, Luck had been the man... I mostly like your strategy with the qbs (not sure how many teams in your league) but it could backfire because there usually isn't that big of a difference between the 5th best qb and the 9th or 10th... But Brees and Peyton are money. Whoever ended up with Romo or RGIII WILL probably give you their #1 RB for some QB help right about now... Although top tier RBs are becoming scarce after the whole AP thing and Charles being hurt.

McCoy is losing touches to Sproles and played like complete garbage this week... Might be a good time to buy low with him... Doesn't seem likely that he will continue to stink up the field... Him or Forte would be my targets with Brees as my bait if I were you...

• 3 weeks later...

I chose to go with Peyton Manning and Drew Brees as my QBs. I know it sounds ridiculous but i had the last pick and everyone took the good RBs. So i decided to take revenge and take the 2 best QBs in hopes of trading one for a good runninback after a couple of weeks and seeing their performances. Smart right?

But the main topic is Andrew Luck. I decided to pass on him because we tend to rely on the running game if it works. Luck will probably put in 2 or 3 TDs a game. and hand off 1 or 2 to a runninback. Hes not a touchdown machine like Brees or Peyton.

Also once they get to a certain point of a game where the offense is ahead, they cool down a bit and pass the work to Hasselbeck. Whereas Peyton or Brees will do everything to run up to the score to like 49 points to 62 if they can. Which means more fantasy points.

you used your first two picks on qbs? Interesting...

So, how'd that work out for you?

Or, do you still have both?

That would suck.

So, I'm guessing you have a great need at another position, but at least one of your QBs isn't performing well enough to prompt a trade(?).

RBs are tough to get. You almost have to draft the excellent ones high, but it's also an injury riddled position. The next tier of guys always have question marks, but they're still valuable.

At this point of the season, it's difficult to determine value off the waiver wire, and even when it's a reasonable bet, there's likely someone ahead of you on the ww list to snatch him.

Heck, the whole thing's a carp shoot. So far, this year, I've been fortunate. No major injuries I haven't been able to cover up. Knock on head.