Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2014 Make-or-Break List

21isSuperman

True, that's a good one.  I didn't really think of him as make-or-break, but he does fit the bill.  If he can't stay healthy, I think he's gone too.

Getting Rex Ryan would be awesome!  I think he's one of the better defensive minds and the players really play hard for him

I give Grigson one more year.  He did inherit a team with practically nothing.  With that said, I think a lot of his mistakes have been masked by the great play of Luck, much like Peyton did with his coaches and GM.  I love how Grigs goes out of his way to find guys (Arena League, CFL, etc.), but his drafting and free agency choices have left a lot of question marks.  I wasn't a fan of the Trent trade or the Werner pick, but I'm really hoping both guys prove me wrong.  Losing Telesco hurt scouting a lot, in my opinion.  But I give Grigs one more year to see what he can do

So you are speaking for Jim Irsay now? If I am not mistaken he is off of his suspension now and may speak for himself.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are speaking for Jim Irsay now? If I am not mistaken he is off of his suspension now and may speak for himself.

Where in the post do you see the name Jim Irsay? The post you quoted specifically said "But I give Grigs one more year to see what he can do"

Meaning 21isSuperman....Thought that looked pretty clear

richardson has a guaranteed contract, so i don't see any way the colts cut him. could they find a sucker to unload the contract on??

Richardson has a guaranteed contract?     I don't think so.

The only part of a contract that's guaranteed is (A)  the signing bonus,  which Cleveland took care of,  and/or any additional money that the team agrees to guarantee,  and I'm not aware that Trent has any other guaranteed money.....?     But salary is not guaranteed.

Do you have a link for that?

Here's the argument for Swoopes.

There's no scout that looks for players -- finds one as a scout for the Colts found Swoopes -- but says "forget it,  we don't need Swoopes, we already have quality tight ends,  let's take a pass"      And neither does the Director of Scouting or the General Manager.

No matter what you have on your team,  if you find a talented player that you think you can develop,  you sign them and develop them -- period!

-- You have no idea if you can re-sign all your players? 

-- You have no idea if your players will remain healthy?

-- You have no idea how good the player you want to sign will eventually become?    And if he turns out to be great and you passed on him?     That's how scouts get unemployed.

You sign all the talent you can no matter what.

All this speculation about Fleener/Allen/Doyle is grasping at straws.

You sign talented players and let everything else work itself out.     Period.

Where in the post do you see the name Jim Irsay? The post you quoted specifically said "But I give Grigs one more year to see what he can do"

Meaning 21isSuperman....Thought that looked pretty clear

Exactly. He is going to give Grigson one more year? Last time I checked Irsay is Grigsons boss not 21isSuperman. What is 21isSuperman going to do if Grigson don't live up to his expectations? Fire him? Give him a raise? Shoot him? Have him kidnapped? Tar and feathers maybe?

Landry is gone, but I would put every Colts safety on the list. It's just a position that we're not getting what we should out of. Adams has been okay but he's almost 34. Brown is better than Landry, but that isn't too hard to do. If someone doesn't step up and prove they can be a long term starter, I won't be surprised to see 2 rookies starting there.

Fleener should be on the list. Not just because Allen is better, but because he isn't playing up to his ability or draft position. He's due to be resigned and he's giving the amount of production that you could get from any TE. He also plays extremely soft. If you watch the Eagles play and watch his successor Ertz play, you'll see him doing what Fleener should be.

Exactly. He is going to give Grigson one more year? Last time I checked Irsay is Grigsons boss not 21isSuperman. What is 21isSuperman going to do if Grigson don't live up to his expectations? Fire him? Give him a raise? Shoot him? Have him kidnapped? Tar and feathers maybe?

What are you talking about?

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/07/trent_richardson_signs_1.html

Richardson has a guaranteed contract? I don't think so.

The only part of a contract that's guaranteed is (A) the signing bonus, which Cleveland took care of, and/or any additional money that the team agrees to guarantee, and I'm not aware that Trent has any other guaranteed money.....? But salary is not guaranteed.

Do you have a link for that?

most of the high picks have guaranteed contracts now

Yup. Pretty much the top 15-20 are fully guaranteed, and then after that, you'll see partial guarantees in Year 4. As the third pick, I'm sure Richardson's deal is fully guaranteed. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/trent-richardson/

I never mentioned anything as to speaking on behalf of anyone associated with the Colts.  These are my opinions and I encourage everyone else to voice theirs as well

I meant that as in I give him one more year before I form an opinion on his work.  I've been in the middle about a lot of the things he's done; there have been a lot of good and a lot of bad.  So I'm waiting until the end of this season before I give my opinion

Landry is gone, but I would put every Colts safety on the list. It's just a position that we're not getting what we should out of. Adams has been okay but he's almost 34. Brown is better than Landry, but that isn't too hard to do. If someone doesn't step up and prove they can be a long term starter, I won't be surprised to see 2 rookies starting there.

Fleener should be on the list. Not just because Allen is better, but because he isn't playing up to his ability or draft position. He's due to be resigned and he's giving the amount of production that you could get from any TE. He also plays extremely soft. If you watch the Eagles play and watch his successor Ertz play, you'll see him doing what Fleener should be.

Adams has been reliable, but yes, he is old.  Brown is playing significantly better than Landry and I think he's been serviceable.  I would be all for retaining him as a backup.

Good call on Fleener.  He hasn't really done much of anything this year.  His current stat line is 18/218/3, putting him on pace for 36/436/6.  The low(ish) TD number, I can understand, but the yards and receptions need to be much higher.  Sure, we have a lot of weapons, but Luck spreads the ball around and we're arguably the best offense in the league.  He should be producing more.  I didn't like that pick from the very start (for what it's worth, I wanted Courtney Upshaw, and he hasn't really been that spectacular himself).  He did play well last year in Allen's absence, in my opinion, but he hasn't been consistent.

Yup. Pretty much the top 15-20 are fully guaranteed, and then after that, you'll see partial guarantees in Year 4. As the third pick, I'm sure Richardson's deal is fully guaranteed. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/indianapolis-colts/trent-richardson/

Wow.....   didn't know that?!     Surprised,  but in a good way.     Had no idea...

richardson has a guaranteed contract, so i don't see any way the colts cut him. could they find a sucker to unload the contract on??

Hey,  turns out I am very much wrong on this.   Apparently many first round draft pick rookie contracts are fully guaranteed.

I was set straight later in the thread and wanted to let you know that.     Apologies for being way off on that......

Kind of self explanatory I think.

I think you're ranting about nothing. Feel free to carry on, but 21's post seemed rather innocuous. I don't agree with him; I think Grigson is doing a very good job, but 21 clearly isn't saying that he's in any position to do anything about Grigson and his job. 

I think you're ranting about nothing. Feel free to carry on, but 21's post seemed rather innocuous. I don't agree with him; I think Grigson is doing a very good job, but 21 clearly isn't saying that he's in any position to do anything about Grigson and his job. 

I took him at what he said that's all. He said he would give him till the end of the season. Give him what? 21s response was before he passed any opinion. That's fine as he explained himself and it was all I ask. Why do you feel the need to impose your opinion on me when 21 is fully capable of speaking for himself? I think he understood what I was getting at even though it was maybe a little too sarcastic. If what I did you think was ranting then maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive.

this is a rant, plain and simple, and a rather ridiculous over-reaction to an innocent comment by 21issuperman.  forget about sensitivity, how about some common sense...common sense that would tell you that obviously 21isSuperman does not believe that he has any affect whatsoever over Grigson's employment status?

I took him at what he said that's all. He said he would give him till the end of the season. Give him what? 21s response was before he passed any opinion. That's fine as he explained himself and it was all I ask. Why do you feel the need to impose your opinion on me when 21 is fully capable of speaking for himself? I think he understood what I was getting at even though it was maybe a little too sarcastic. If what I did you think was ranting then maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive.

If you feel like my opinion is an imposition, that's too bad. But your rant was ridiculous, in my opinion.

this is a rant, plain and simple, and a rather ridiculous over-reaction to an innocent comment by 21issuperman.  forget about sensitivity, how about some common sense...common sense that would tell you that obviously 21isSuperman does not believe that he has any affect whatsoever over Grigson's employment status?

I guess you have a hard time seeing sarcasm. It's funny that 21 explained it and had no problems. But you and another seem to. Do you always talk for other people?

If you feel like my opinion is an imposition, that's too bad. But your rant was ridiculous, in my opinion.

It is not an imposition. I will ask you the same question I ask Jason. Do you always need to speak for someone else? Like I said before. 21 is fully capable of speaking for himself and don't need your help to do it.

It is not an imposition. I will ash you the same question I ask Jason. Do you always need to speak for someone else? Like I said before. 21 is fully capable of speaking for himself and don't need your help to do it.

I'm not speaking for anyone else. I'm stating my own opinion.

I guess you have a hard time seeing sarcasm. It's funny that 21 explained it and had no problems. But you and another seem to. Do you always talk for other people?

Who do you think I'm speaking for? I'm not in any way speaking for 21. I was merely staying my own opinion that yes, that was a rant and it was pretty ridiculous.

By the way,  here it is Nov. 1 and we're discussing something 21isSuperman said way back in early September!    Yes, two months ago!

Not sure why it's caught fire now,  but it sure has......

For my two cents (and it's often not even worth that much!)   I think 21's meaning is that he'll give Grigson this season before he (21) decides just how much faith/support to have in Grigson, or not.     That's all.......

But,  carry on.......

I'm not speaking for anyone else. I'm stating my own opinion.

Like what I said was not my opinion? Why are you making such a big deal out of something that was said in the context of sarcasm? It's no big deal to the person I was being sarcastic to so what's the deal with you? It's silly to continue this any longer.

Not anymore ridiculous than you chiming in when nothing was said to you. That is my opinion as it stands.

Ah I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to reply to a post on a public forum unless someone talks to me first. Forgive me sir. I'll creep back into my hole until such time as I am spoken to.

Ah I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to reply to a post on a public forum unless someone talks to me first. Forgive me sir. I'll creep back into my hole until such time as I am spoken to.

I can take all the sarcastic comments you care to make. It may be a big deal for you but I don't care one way or another. If it's that big of deal for you to continue, be my guest.

I can take all the sarcastic comments you care to make. It may be a big deal for you but I don't care one way or another. If it's that big of deal for you to continue, be my guest.

Point being, I don't need an invitation nor your permission to reply to any post on this forum.

this is a rant, plain and simple, and a rather ridiculous over-reaction to an innocent comment by 21issuperman. forget about sensitivity, how about some common sense...common sense that would tell you that obviously 21isSuperman does not believe that he has any affect whatsoever over Grigson's employment status?

This is exactly what I thought. Well said!

(It's been a long time since I last communicated with you. Xavier Rhodes is quietly having a good year for my team. Finally... Hope all is well with you. :))

By the way,  here it is Nov. 1 and we're discussing something 21isSuperman said way back in early September!    Yes, two months ago!

Not sure why it's caught fire now,  but it sure has......

For my two cents (and it's often not even worth that much!)   I think 21's meaning is that he'll give Grigson this season before he (21) decides just how much faith/support to have in Grigson, or not.     That's all.......

But,  carry on.......

Apologies but I moved this post as I figured it was meant for this topic.

What I like is that 21is made a prediction post and then revisited it for discussion, it's far too easy to make a bold prediction on here safe in the knowledge no one will probably call you on it in the future.

Point being, I don't need an invitation nor your permission to reply to any post on this forum.

Exactly where and when did you think you needed my permission to do anything your wanted to do? If you think I thought that then you were sadly mistaken. For one thing I never said that 21 isSuperman said he had anything to do with Grigson in a serious manner. You want to blow up a sarcastic comment into something childish. Grow up.

Exactly where and when did you think you needed my permission to do anything your wanted to do? If you think I thought that then you were sadly mistaken. For one thing I never said that 21 isSuperman said he had anything to do with Grigson in a serious manner. You want to blow up a sarcastic comment into something childish. Grow up.

You made reference to my chiming in when no one was speaking to me.

Bottom line, you flipped out on 21, superman called you on your little rant, you disagreed that it was a rant, so I commented agreeing with superman that it was a rant thinking maybe it would make you reconsider if multiple people agreed. That was obviously a mistake on my part. But this is getting old. Carry on.

Btw, how ironic that you're telling others to grow up. Pot, meet kettle. ;)

You made reference to my chiming in when no one was speaking to me.

Bottom line, you flipped out on 21, superman called you on your little rant, you disagreed that it was a rant, so I commented agreeing with superman that it was a rant thinking maybe it would make you reconsider if multiple people agreed. That was obviously a mistake on my part. But this is getting old. Carry on.

Btw, how ironic that you're telling others to grow up. Pot, meet kettle. ;)

Flipped out?  Your delusional. Now are you through ranting?

Like what I said was not my opinion? Why are you making such a big deal out of something that was said in the context of sarcasm? It's no big deal to the person I was being sarcastic to so what's the deal with you? It's silly to continue this any longer.

I didn't make a big deal about anything. I actually think you're the one making this a big deal.

Just be advised, when I want, I'll respond to any post, with or without invitation. And my posts are a reflection of my thoughts alone, unless otherwise stated. Everyone else should feel free to do the same.

I didn't make a big deal about anything. I actually think you're the one making this a big deal.

Just be advised, when I want, I'll respond to any post, with or without invitation. And my posts are a reflection of my thoughts alone, unless otherwise stated. Everyone else should feel free to do the same.

Oh, now I am advised? The same could be said about what I say or any opinion I give. It's funny that the sarcastic comment I made was taken way out of context by you and Jason. Not so much with 21 isSuperman. I think he knew I made a sarcastic comment and took it as such. But not you two. Now you have yourself a wonderful day.