Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Smh at Jerry Jones

YOUR GM

Is Jerry Jones still the GM of the Cowboys?  If he is he's got one hell of an ego.  Any man, any human being with any self guilt, self humiliation and dignity would give up the reigns of being GM if their team hasn't won a super bowl since 1995 and in many of those years since hadn't won a playoff game.  He also fired Jimmy Johnson.

With close to no explosion or closing speed. Dude is sloooooowww.

Right, but the only position he can play according to Jeff Fisher is DE in a 4-3. Not as many options as there once were. If he can't make it on Dallas with that garbage d, he won't make it anywhere

Right, but the only position he can play according to Jeff Fisher is DE in a 4-3. Not as many options as there once were. If he can't make it on Dallas with that garbage d, he won't make it anywhere

I agree with Fisher. There are other 4-3 DEs that lack explosion and closing speed, but they are usually closer to 280 pounds, and are used mostly on early downs. Raheem Brock always comes to mind, but he was listed at 274, and was two inches taller.

And you're right, if he can't go to a team with a simple scheme, that needs depth at DE, and get in that rotation, I don't know where he'll ever fit. Rod Marinelli has been a 1-gap guy for a long time, and knows what he wants from his linemen. If they can't make something happen with Sam, he might wind up in the Arena League. (I know the CFL was interested, but I can't see his game translating, based on the games I've seen.) If he can put on 15 pounds and play 3-tech for a 1-gap defense, he might have a shot.

Is Jerry Jones still the GM of the Cowboys?  If he is he's got one hell of an ego.  Any man, any human being with any self guilt, self humiliation and dignity would give up the reigns of being GM if their team hasn't won a super bowl since 1995 and in many of those years since hadn't won a playoff game.  He also fired Jimmy Johnson.

Jimmy Johnson built a dynasty it took Jerry 3 yrs to turn it to ashes the injuries to Aikman and Irvin didn't help but with the talent they have had not only is he the GM he won't hire a real coach He has turned the Cowboys into a joke with a really cool stadium.

Yeah, you can’t pay Romo that huge contract and draft Manziel, it just doesn’t make sense. Dallas would have been a better landing spot for Maniel though honestly, in Texas, in a covered stadium with a veteran in front of him who is far superior giving him time to learn (because he is not ready yet). 

Jerry Jones is an incredibly gifted business man that believes he is a good and smart football man too.  He is not the latter.  And I had him taking Manziel in the draft.  But he finally knuckled under to the pressure of the res of the coaching staff / F.O.  But what they gave Romo in a contract precluded, as mentioned, a serious look at johnny football...And that might have been the hook that caught Jerry from taking him.