Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AQ Shipley to possibly start at C for Colts come Sunday

TKnight24

@KBowenColts: A look at Monday’s injury notes and new @Colts center A.Q. Shipley taking all the first-team reps on Monday http://t.co/khyBNzfhvb

@HolderStephen: Chuck Pagano admitting in presser what I think is obvious: Khaled Holmes faces uphill climb to return bc of conditioning/altitude (Denver)

@HolderStephen: Neither he nor Harrison practiced today. AQ Shipley took first team snaps at center. #Colts

@KBowenColts: Pagano says A.Q. Shipley took every snap with the first team today.

Well there you have it folks. When you turn your televisions on Sunday night expect to see good ol Shipley at C. It's not guaranteed but more than likely that'll be the scenario

:colts:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More evidence that the Broncos are going to destroy the Colts on Sunday night.  Cannot believe that this team might start a center that couldn't even make another team's 53 man squad.  I don't see how anyone can be going into Sunday thinking that the Colts are even going to make it a close game.

More evidence that the Broncos are going to destroy the Colts on Sunday night.  Cannot believe that this team might start a center that couldn't even make another team's 53 man squad.  I don't see how anyone can be going into Sunday thinking that the Colts are even going to make it a close game.

It isnt a good sign, Drew

More evidence that the Broncos are going to destroy the Colts on Sunday night. Cannot believe that this team might start a center that couldn't even make another team's 53 man squad. I don't see how anyone can be going into Sunday thinking that the Colts are even going to make it a close game.

............... Just gonna go with the assumption that there's no way you're a Colts fan with that attitude buddy

But in case you are...... Come here, bring it in

:hug:

Just cause they'll be practicing doesn't mean they'll be playing. Pagano talks like Holmes is really going through it right now

That's not what he said, Pagano said " we'll see where Khaled and Jonotthan are Wednesday and go from there"...then he was asked about the altitude in Denver and he said "it would be tough for anybody regardless of position, but we'll see how it plays out"

............... Just gonna go with the assumption that there's no way you're a Colts fan with that attitude buddy

Am I wrong?  Is it good that this team is putting Luck behind a Center that couldn't even make the 53 man squad of another team.  That this team traded away for a conditional 7th round draft pick.  I just really hope that Luck is not seriously injured.  What poor, pathetic management.

That's not what he said, Pagano said " we'll see where Khaled and Jonotthan are Wednesday and go from there"...then he was asked about the altitude in Denver and he said "it would be tough for anybody regardless of position, but we'll see how it plays out"

How long has it been since Holmes sprained the ankle. Those usually take 4-6 weeks don't they?

This is the 4th week so will HW be ready?

And I been expected Harrison to be ready, he just has a bad thumb. Ice it and move on. Wrap it if you have too but he should be practicing tomorrow really (if we're practicing tomorrow)

Am I wrong?  Is it good that this team is putting Luck behind a Center that couldn't even make the 53 man squad of another team.  That this team traded away for a conditional 7th round draft pick.  I just really hope that Luck is not seriously injured.  What poor, pathetic management.

They put Peyton behind a center that couldn't make the 53...

... I don't know why I bother. Don't watch the game if you're so sure of the outcome and are disgusted with the team.

I don't see that as evidence just because everybody thinks the broncos are going to kill the colts on Sunday doesn't make it so. Also everybody was saying that Manning was going to come to Indy last season and destroy the colts the score in that game did not reflect just how bad the colts beat the crap out of Denver and they had a lot of injury's by then too.

Am I wrong? Is it good that this team is putting Luck behind a Center that couldn't even make the 53 man squad of another team. That this team traded away for a conditional 7th round draft pick. I just really hope that Luck is not seriously injured. What poor, pathetic management.

Not saying you're wrong, but definitely not saying you're right

Andrew has had far worse blocking for him. And while he's not the best, Shipley is much better at C than he is at G and no one can argue that so at least give it a chance

And as my OP states, it's not even confirmed he'll start for us. He's just been taking the reps since Holmes and Harrison haven't practiced yet

I don't see that as evidence just because everybody thinks the broncos are going to kill the colts on Sunday doesn't make it so. Also everybody was saying that Manning was going to come to Indy last season and destroy the colts the score in that game did not reflect just how bad the colts beat the crap out of Denver and they had a lot of injury's by then too.

Score did reflect imo. Up 33-14 at one point

Everything after that point I don't count cause our team started dropping like flies haha

We dismantled Denver IDC what no one says. The final score made it seem closer but that 33-14 was the real story

They put Peyton behind a center that couldn't make the 53...

... I don't know why I bother. Don't watch the game if you're so sure of the outcome and are disgusted with the team.

I'll be watching hoping that I am wrong and will be the first one here to admit I was wrong if I am and nothing would make me happier.  Are you going to admit you are a delusional, head in the clouds fanboy if you are wrong? I seriously doubt it.

I'll be watching hoping that I am wrong and will be the first one here to admit I was wrong if I am and nothing would make me happier. Are you going to admit you are a delusional, head in the clouds fanboy if you are wrong? I seriously doubt it.

Wouldn't call it delusional. You just never vote against your team (unless you're a Jags fan then it comes natural)

But at least believe you'll win. If you admit defeat before the battle even starts, you've already loss

Wouldn't call it delusional. You just never vote against your team (unless you're a Jags fan then it comes natural)

But at least believe you'll win. If you admit defeat before the battle even starts, you've already loss

I think you can be just as good a fan and be realistic and rational.  I don't think you have to forgo intelligence to be a fan and a good team shouldn't force you to.  I hope I am wrong but I'm not going to believe in something that is stupid only to be disappointed.  The Colts are going to lose, they are going to lose big on Sunday.  It doesn't mean the team won't make the playoffs, it doesn't mean they won't have a good record at the end of the season.  It means that the Broncos are a tier one team and the Colts are not. Maybe one day they will be if they ever decide to put a decent offensive line together but this team isn't there yet and I am not going to pretend that they are.

I'll be watching hoping that I am wrong and will be the first one here to admit I was wrong if I am and nothing would make me happier.  Are you going to admit you are a delusional, head in the clouds fanboy if you are wrong? I seriously doubt it.

What did I say that was delusional? Name it.

what are you the colts fan judge? just because he tells how he feels ,you question if he is a fan. imo fans would want their team to have good talent and be concerned if another team appears to have better talent.

What were you hoping for? Holmes got hurt, Harrison got hurt........and chances are, if they are available, it is because they didn't make someone else's 53 man roster. AQ is a serviceable center.....not great; but not horrible. He was playing Guard in Baltimore and wasn't going to beat out Zuttah for the starting center position. 

That being said, I do have my concerns about Shipley in a man blocking scheme. Probably going to have to keep the blocking scheme somewhat Vanilla at first....which may actually be a good thing.

What did I say that was delusional? Name it.

You criticized me for stating that Shipley couldn't make another team's 53 man squad.  I don't see how you see that statement as inaccurate when the Ravens cut him from their 53 man squad.  Please tell me how denying reality is not delusional?

What were you hoping for? Holmes got hurt, Harrison got hurt........and chances are, if they are available, it is because they didn't make someone else's 53 man roster. AQ is a serviceable center.....not great; but not horrible. He was playing Guard in Baltimore and wasn't going to beat out Zuttah for the starting center position. 

That being said, I do have my concerns about Shipley in a man blocking scheme. Probably going to have to keep the blocking scheme somewhat Vanilla at first....which may actually be a good thing.

I was hoping for the Colts not to pick up trash and start trash that couldn't even make another team's final 53 obviously I was expecting too much.

I was hoping for the Colts not to pick up trash and start trash that couldn't even make another team's final 53 obviously I was expecting too much.

Mewhort was your other option. So pick your poison.....Rookie or experienced center with a number of starts under his belt.

You criticized me for stating that Shipley couldn't make another team's 53 man squad. I don't see how you see that statement as inaccurate when the Ravens cut him from their 53 man squad. Please tell me how denying reality is not delusional?

I guess you didn't think Jeff Saturday was any good either

You criticized me for stating that Shipley couldn't make another team's 53 man squad.  I don't see how you see that statement as inaccurate when the Ravens cut him from their 53 man squad.  Please tell me how denying reality is not delusional?

Read what I said again. Do you happen to know who played center for most of Peyton's career in Indy? Do you know he went undrafted and didn't make the 53 for a team that gave him a tryout? BTW, do you happen to know who the team was?

If anything I said was delusional and not reality, please let me know.

I would also guess that the Broncos will probably come out on top 12-13 more times this season.....its one game.....not going to make or break the season. It only matters who is playing well in the last week of the season.....not the first week.

Yes, the Broncos are a great team.  The Colts aren't.  It's really that simple.  I still believe this team will get to the playoffs and still think this team can probably pick up at least 9 or 10 wins.  All I am saying is that the Colts are not a great team yet and the Broncos are and the Colts are seriously hurting right now.  Will this team get better,  I think the answer to that is a resounding yes but are they going to be good enough in six days to give the Broncos a decent game, no they are not.

Yes, the Broncos are a great team.  The Colts aren't.  It's really that simple.  I still believe this team will get to the playoffs and still think this team can probably pick up at least 9 or 10 wins.  All I am saying is that the Colts are not a great team yet and the Broncos are and the Colts are seriously hurting right now.  Will this team get better,  I think the answer to that is a resounding yes but are they going to be good enough in six days to give the Broncos a decent game, no they are not.

I don't disagree.....I've anticipated a loss since the schedule was released. That being said, I don't think any team in the NFL was going to come into Denver the first week of the season and win (after the Superbowl fiasco)......I wouldn't bet against Manning in that scenario no matter who they were playing.

I know you're joking. If we lose to Denver it's not going to be about who's playing center.

It's going to be about not getting to Peyton.

thats the name of the game when you play peyton. pressure him, get him off his clock, make him uncomfortable, get aggressive with his wrs, and disrupt the timing