Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harvey

bap1331

Is he a fullback from now on? or just until Havili comes back? How would you grade his work so far? Just as temporary?

I feel like this is a critical position in the offense for clearing up space for the runningback. Not only is the offense relying on the WR and TE. FB is also a choice as a reciever to further tire out defenses.

Harvey needs to play much smarter.  I remember many times last year when he was chirping with other players and I was worried he would get a 15 yard penalty.  It had gotten to the point where I wouldn't have been upset to see him go.  I'm not sure how he's been in the preseason and I love a guy showing some fight and playing aggressively, but he needs to play smarter than he did last year

I think Harvey is primarily a special teamer -- I think we'll use him to open holes on the goal line or 3rd/4th and short but I hope we stay away from a FB for the most part. I think we're a much more dangerous offense (running and passing) when we have 3 WRs/1 TE or 2 WRs/2 TEs with 1 RB on the field.  It seems we telegraph our run plays when we play with a FB and our line is not quite good enough to bulldoze a stacked box.  T-Rich will have a lot more room to make plays if he is running against a nickel or a normal box instead of 8-9 defenders in the box.

Harvey needs to play much smarter.  I remember many times last year when he was chirping with other players and I was worried he would get a 15 yard penalty.  It had gotten to the point where I wouldn't have been upset to see him go.  I'm not sure how he's been in the preseason and I love a guy showing some fight and playing aggressively, but he needs to play smarter than he did last year

thats probably the reason they switched him to offense i guess? lol. Youre less likely to cause that kind of trouble..but in the end i have a gut feeling he gets cut after Havili comes back?

I think Harvey is primarily a special teamer -- I think we'll use him to open holes on the goal line or 3rd/4th and short but I hope we stay away from a FB for the most part. I think we're a much more dangerous offense (running and passing) when we have 3 WRs/1 TE or 2 WRs/2 TEs with 1 RB on the field.  It seems we telegraph our run plays when we play with a FB and our line is not quite good enough to bulldoze a stacked box.  T-Rich will have a lot more room to make plays if he is running against a nickel or a normal box instead of 8-9 defenders in the box.

gosh yea but even if you clear the hole for Trich. He still stutters like he doesnt know what to do. I really hope trich steps it up too..i believe he has the potential.

Is he a fullback from now on? or just until Havili comes back? How would you grade his work so far? Just as temporary?

I feel like this is a critical position in the offense for clearing up space for the runningback. Not only is the offense relying on the WR and TE. FB is also a choice as a reciever to further tire out defenses.

if he can run block he will stay

he is horrible

And there is zero need for the position on the team. A complete waste of a roster spot

Honestly if we are going to a carry a FB I wish we would pick up FA Chris Ogbonnaya. I believe with Chud around and the familiarity with T-Rich it would help. Plus he is a pretty good FB. IMO he's still available because alot of teams don't carry one anymore.