Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne on Peyton Manning: 'He's my brother. He's the enemy.'

Shane Bond

I still struggle when I think about us playing against Peyton.  I dont mean I want Denver to win but it just is so odd especially when i look at my signed and framed Colts Peyton jersey while I watch the games.  I guess I need a signed Luck to put beside it first world problems :) hey

I know exactly how you feel....

Cant root against the Colts....cant root against Peyton....

I want them both to make the playoffs and both play the Patriots

I know exactly how you feel....

Cant root against the Colts....cant root against Peyton....

I want them both to make the playoffs and both play the Patriots

If both play the Patriots, one of them obviously lost to them??? (j/k) :)

Just keep Peyton off the field, much like other teams did to Peyton during his tenure here, easier said than done but this O can pull it off, I feel. If there is a game where keeping drives alive, dinking and dunking, controlling clock with 3rd down conversions and running game is important for the Colts, this one would be at the top, IMO.

Other teams (except the Patriots with Brady), we can get away with giving the opposing QB 10 or 11 possessions, but not this one and the Patriots games.

If both play the Patriots, one of them obviously lost to them??? (j/k) :)

Just keep Peyton off the field, much like other teams did to Peyton during his tenure here, easier said than done but this O can pull it off, I feel. If there is a game where keeping drives alive, dinking and dunking, controlling clock with 3rd down conversions and running game is important for the Colts, this one would be at the top, IMO.

Other teams (except the Patriots with Brady), we can get away with giving the opposing QB 10 or 11 possessions, but not this one and the Patriots games.

Just like this game.  :thmup:

I remember Wayne shooting his mouth off when Ray Lewis did his final dance in Baltimore. He just didn't get it , as it was the man's last play in front of home town fans.

Now, with Irsay surprisingly quiet this week , he's going to make a goofy comment when he didn't have to.

Ok to quote yourself?

Maybe let me put it a little better. I cringe when Suggs makes comments about the Patriots. The point is why give another team bulletin board fodder when you don't have to.

He didn't really say anything. He said peyton is his brother, but when they lace them up later this week he is the enemy and they want him to lose. Nothing earth shattering.

I'm talking about the one Reggie had an issue with. You know, the one that you brought up

Normally he may have had a point, but it was Ray's last play on his home field, in front of home town fans. You guys know how Harbaugh is, and you know he respects the Colts. Wayne took it the wrong way. You didn't hear any Ravens complaining when the Colts beat the Ravens in 2006 and 2009. Complaining about Ray in that moment is like complaining about Cal Ripken circling the field slapping hands after breaking 2131. It wasn't meant as rubbing it in to the other team, just a final celebration for the Baltimore fans. There was no disrespect meant to the Colts. Wayne had it wrong.

Manning IS the enemy! Need to try to keep him off the field. When he's on we need to startle his cage and make him uncomfortable as possible.

He is definately an opponent , I fully understand that. After Irsay's rants last year, I think everyone knows Manning is a Bronco, therefore a foe of the Colts. All I'm saying, with the press dying for some controversy, why say anything ?

if press wants to get something going they could say paige says the colts will lose by 21 plus. What do you think of that.

I don't agree with him, but he's a member of the press saying bombastic things. Players take it more personally generally when it comes from another player, or management. I think it will be a very close game between Indy and Denver. Unlike Paige, I respect the Colts and pick them as division champions. 21 points against Andrew Luck, no way.

I don't agree with him, but he's a member of the press saying bombastic things. Players take it more personally generally when it comes from another player, or management. I think it will be a very close game between Indy and Denver. Unlike Paige, I respect the Colts and pick them as division champions. 21 points against Andrew Luck, no way.

I think it will be something like Broncos 42 Colts 17 to 21. I think it will be a huge margin.

I think it will be something like Broncos 42 Colts 17 to 21. I think it will be a huge margin.

I would never bet against Peyton Manning, and I'm not going to guess the score of this game. If I was betting, I would pick Denver, but I wouldn't think it would be a blow out. I saw what Peyton did to the Ravens last year, but he always seems to have the Ravens number, except for that magical year for us in 2012. The Colts seem to play Manning better than the Ravens, so I would expect a closer game.

From this old colts fan, I must say the timing of this game is crazy, my stomach will be in knots, I cried like a freakin baby last year when I realized that we never did get to say a proper goodbye to the greatest colt of all time. When Peyton took that quick curtain call man I lost it. I'm happy for Peyton but he must go down early and often. GO Colts!

From this old colts fan, I must say the timing of this game is crazy, my stomach will be in knots, I cried like a freakin baby last year when I realized that we never did get to say a proper goodbye to the greatest colt of all time. When Peyton took that quick curtain call man I lost it. I'm happy for Peyton but he must go down early and often. GO Colts!

Even I didn't pull for Johnny U on the Chargers. However, that should have never happened.

When I think of Reggie and Peyton, I think of that night where we were down big to the Patriots, came back and Belicheck tried to go 4th and 2 at our 28. We stopped them but only because the juggle of the ball by Faulk, but they screwed up the timeouts and could not throw the review flag. Peyton won the game on the 2 yard slant to Reggie with a catch that I don't know how he picked it off the carpet. When I think of the two, that is what comes to mind!

There is a reason why you are "Lone". I have read many of your post's and the majority are negative against the Colt's.... are you a fan of an other team ??

I am a Colts fan first and foremost but I think management has done a terrible job of putting players around Luck to protect him and I take them to the task about that often. They like to sign WRs, TEs and just about everything but world class linemen around a world class QB. I moved to Denver so I became a Denver fan especially when they signed Peyton. It is really that simple.