Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lache Seastrunk

bballstud2

I really think we should pick him up. He is extremely fast and quick, averaged over 7 ypc last year at Baylor. He could replace Tipton on the roster, as we don't really have a true change of pace back like Brown was last year for us, and I feel like Seastrunk could be a better version of what Brown did for us last year. We know Tipton isn't going to play much of a role anyways. Anyone else agree/disagree? 

This is the one rookie I would look at closely. He was at Oregon before he transferred to Baylor. He couldn't get on the field for the Ducks not sure if it was his attitude or just all the speed that team seems to have every year.

He would flourish in a more of a spread attack which we have the personnel to do very effectively would take some pressure of O Line  but not what Pep wants. That makes him not our type of guy. Its too bad he doesn't have return experience might be a way in.

I also wonder why Chip isn't interested he knows this kid very well. Eagles were looking for a back to fit there system Shady can't carry it 300+ times every year. They settled with Sproles and Polk who can't get healthy.

chip has kenjon barner who he had with lamicheal james and d'anythony thomas

Barner is on the IR James in SF and Thomas in KC it just seems to me if the kid was for real Chip would have been on it. Maybe not

He certainly isn't a power back like Pep likes.

I had mentioned Seastrunk in some previous threads.  I believe he could fit that Donald Brown type of role as well, but I'm not so ready to let go of Tipton for him.  Seastrunk needs some development as he is not a willing pass blocker and his hands are not so great out of the backfield either.  I think he is faster or just as fast as Donald Brown and more shifty than him and like you said would be good out of that spread that we run.

One thing I want to say however is people are slipping on Tipton.  Tipton knows how to get positive yardage and he's a powerful runner.  The only knock on him to me is not being that fast, but I've learned that not everyone has to run a 4.3. I don't show that we currently have a back on the PS and we normally always carry at least one.   Seastrunk is the type of guy I think Grigs would take a chance on for the PS.  I think we could get rid of one of those extra receivers that we have on the PS(Lankford) and add Seastrunk.  I don't see why we need to let go of Tipton.

I've heard several say he's similar to Lashon Mcoy.  If that is true then I'd kick the tires on him to see what we can get out of him.   I don't see the harm in it I suppose.

I had mentioned Seastrunk in some previous threads.  I believe he could fit that Donald Brown type of role as well, but I'm not so ready to let go of Tipton for him.  Seastrunk needs some development as he is not a willing pass blocker and his hands are not so great out of the backfield either.  I think he is faster or just as fast as Donald Brown and more shifty than him and like you said would be good out of that spread that we run.

One thing I want to say however is people are slipping on Tipton.  Tipton knows how to get positive yardage and he's a powerful runner.  The only knock on him to me is not being that fast, but I've learned that not everyone has to run a 4.3. I don't show that we currently have a back on the PS and we normally always carry at least one.   Seastrunk is the type of guy I think Grigs would take a chance on for the PS.  I think we could get rid of one of those extra receivers that we have on the PS(Lankford) and add Seastrunk.  I don't see why we need to let go of Tipton.

I've heard several say he's similar to Lashon Mcoy.  If that is true then I'd kick the tires on him to see what we can get out of him.   I don't see the harm in it I suppose.

I confess to not knowing much about him, so I was reading his draft profile. Under negatives, this was really odd: " Can be tracked down from behind. Beats to the tune of his own drum and can be susceptible to hanger-ons."

I'm not sure what that means but apparently he had some character issues.

As for the PS, I expect to see Tipton on it real soon when we bring in either an OT or S.

I confess to not knowing much about him, so I was reading his draft profile. Under negatives, this was really odd: " Can be tracked down from behind. Beats to the tune of his own drum and can be susceptible to hanger-ons."

I'm not sure what that means but apparently he had some character issues.

As for the PS, I expect to see Tipton on it real soon when we bring in either an OT or S.

It's possible.  That was a weird write up though.    The 40 times I've seen on him are around 4.5 to 4.4, but I've seen as high as a 4.3 and you can see it on tape as well.  He had an 80 yard touchdown on a screen pass in the preseason and nobody came close to catching him from behind. The other stuff I don't know about

It's possible.  That was a weird write up though.    The 40 times I've seen on him are around 4.5 to 4.4, but I've seen as high as a 4.3 and you can see it on tape as well.  He had an 80 yard touchdown on a screen pass in the preseason and nobody came close to catching him from behind. The other stuff I don't know about

http://youtu.be/u1oewW3nNJE

Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt about his speed. From what I read the Skins let him go because of his receiving and pass protection issues. With our Oline, our RBs better be great in pass protection.

I still think Tipton will go to the PS, unless Bradshaw is still not 100%. Doesn't make any sense to carry 4 RBs and a FB. Especially when we don't have a healthy backup OT.

Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt about his speed. From what I read the Skins let him go because of his receiving and pass protection issues. With our Oline, our RBs better be great in pass protection.

I still think Tipton will go to the PS, unless Bradshaw is still not 100%. Doesn't make any sense to carry 4 RBs and a FB. Especially when we don't have a healthy backup OT.

Totally reasonable