Woody Paige: Broncos will Rout Colts

1959Colts

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, September 1, 2014 - instigating
Hidden by -JJ-, September 1, 2014 - instigating

Then we should blitz him very frequently. I will be watching to see how that works out.

How many times are you going to get kicked out of the forum before you realize you can't hide your true identity? I noticed you didn't post much after the colts beat the broncos last season. Stop masquerading as a colts fan

im going to bookmark that article and come next Sunday with the result, if the Colts win. I will be (and every Colts fan should too) contacting him here asking what happened...

Woody Paige: woody@woodypaige.com or twitter.com/woodypaige

Its right below the article...

Its the first game of the season. You dont know what is going to happen. If it was maybe Week 6 or more, then it is alittle more predictable but wait and see.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, September 1, 2014 - quote
Hidden by -JJ-, September 1, 2014 - quote

How many times are you going to get kicked out of the forum before you realize you can't hide your true identity? I noticed you didn't post much after the colts beat the broncos last season. Stop masquerading as a colts fan

I think you are trolling to play the part of Tonto. No need, the part is yours, you are a perfect second banana.

Even with Belichick admitting T.Y. was the main focus, he still had 100+ receiving yards on 4(?) catches. I'd say that's still pretty impressive. Yes, he's small, and yes, he can be taken out of the game by being roughed up, but he's still a good up and coming receiver. 

But now, if the Broncos do take him out of the game, they have to deal with Nicks, Wayne, Allen etc.. The Colts didn't have many other weapons against NE

Most of that 100 yards came on one big play. Otherwise he was a non-factor. Luck barely looked his way with just 6 targets and 4 catches. And he left the game a few times from being roughed up by Talib and Dennard.

I do like the Colts match up vs Denver on the offensive side if Reggie is 100 percent. How do you feel your Oline will handle Ware and Miller? It could be a long night for Luck if those guys are getting to him.

I think you are trolling to play the part of Tonto. No need, the part is yours, you are a perfect second banana.

I'm really not sure what your angle is, you play the part of unbiased Colts fan with declared interests with Denver too, and you're posting is written in a style to seem entirely reasonable but you have made quite a few statements now that are shall we say massive reaches and in some cases just bizarre. You also seem to be quite selective in what you respond to when questioned. Especially about associations with former posters from the board trolling HOF :P 

The idea of the Broncos winning is outlandish, a blowout is pushing it but not impossible.. but I mean come on, honest reread all your posts here and tell me you've not said some things that aren't just plain crazy. 

Most of that 100 yards came on one big play. Otherwise he was a non-factor. Luck barely looked his way with just 6 targets and 4 catches. And he left the game a few times from being roughed up by Talib and Dennard.

I do like the Colts match up vs Denver on the offensive side if Reggie is 100 percent. How do you feel your Oline will handle Ware and Miller? It could be a long night for Luck if those guys are getting to him.

Maybe so but 100 yards is 100 yards however you slice it! TY is never going to be a possession receiver, hence the big debate on here about whether he's a "#1". He does however make defenses need to change their pants at the thought of him taking the top off. Now if we'd had say Reggie or Dwayne Allen to exploit that space underneath might have been a different game. Instead we had Griff Whalen (who to be fair did quite well), LaVonn "I'm just going to let this get picked" Brazill and special teams maestro DHB. We can't count Fleener as the wise monkeys of the fourm have decreed he was the worst 2nd round pick ever made and drops everything thrown to him :P 

I'm really not sure what your angle is, you play the part of unbiased Colts fan with declared interests with Denver too, and you're posting is written in a style to seem entirely reasonable but you have made quite a few statements now that are shall we say massive reaches and in some cases just bizarre. You also seem to be quite selective in what you respond to when questioned. Especially about associations with former posters from the board trolling HOF :P

The idea of the Broncos winning is outlandish, a blowout is pushing it but not impossible.. but I mean come on, honest reread all your posts here and tell me you've not said some things that aren't just plain crazy. 

Like what? The only thing I could see as controversial would be that none of the Colts WRs would start for the Broncos. I don't see anything crazy about that at all. I read what people said about TY and Sanders and I don't buy it. I think Sanders will fill Decker's shoes quite well. I think that having Nicks and Wayne back means that TY's numbers will come down to earth a bit. I want the Colts to win even thought I enjoy watching Peyton and the Colts. I am sure and I am sure the mods would much rather that this game not happen at all. There is just too much emotion in it for Colts fans and Peyton fans. You think the idea of the Broncos winning is outlandish, perhaps you meant not outlandish. The odds makers favor them but not by enough in my estimation. Is it crazy when I keep saying that oline is a franchise disaster waiting to happen? Have I not been polite to every poster even when they are rude. You have two people here who want to run out anyone who has a view different from theirs. I know I take some positions that are not popular but isn't difference of opinion what makes theses forums interesting. I disagree with you all of the time but I have thanked you for some of your comments and I have "liked" them. It will all calm down after next Sunday and we can talk for the rest of the fall until the playoffs about the Colts and Broncos without all of the emotion.

Like what? The only thing I could see as controversial would be that none of the Colts WRs would start for the Broncos. I don't see anything crazy about that at all. I read what people said about TY and Sanders and I don't buy it. I think Sanders will fill Decker's shoes quite well. I think that having Nicks and Wayne back means that TY's numbers will come down to earth a bit. I want the Colts to win even thought I enjoy watching Peyton and the Colts. I am sure and I am sure the mods would much rather that this game not happen at all. There is just too much emotion in it for Colts fans and Peyton fans. You think the idea of the Broncos winning is outlandish, perhaps you meant not outlandish. The odds makers favor them but not by enough in my estimation. Is it crazy when I keep saying that oline is a franchise disaster waiting to happen? Have I not been polite to every poster even when they are rude. You have two people here who want to run out anyone who has a view different from theirs. I know I take some positions that are not popular but isn't difference of opinion what makes theses forums interesting. I disagree with you all of the time but I have thanked you for some of your comments and I have "liked" them. It will all calm down after next Sunday and we can talk for the rest of the fall until the playoffs about the Colts and Broncos without all of the emotion.

Ahh I'm talking stuff like TYs route running saying it's been brought up numerous times on here... When it just hasn't been. With all due respect when you're a member since only July this year there's a lot you've missed since TY was drafted and if you've been on here before under a different name that's where suspicion arises as we've had a few "repeat customers".

The Oline might not be great,but in its defense it's never had a full injury free line up, you can't say Grigson hasn't tried to address it with picks and FAs it's just not always fell kindly or people have plain sucked (Samson?). I guess after the last two seasons you get used to not having an interior. Yes it's a concern but to bring it up again and again will just rile people, see also TRich :P

Fair point about your civility, but we have had "civil" trolls before and people's patience has been worn down a little lately and it's becoming harder to engage in an actual discussion. At least football starts soon so we begin arguing about real games!

That percentage is not close. The bills did it three times in a row in the early nineties

I meant to win the Super Bowl sorry but the numbers on getting back aren't that great the bills did it 3x there have been 48 Super Bowls How many other teams have lost and gotten back?

Ahh I'm talking stuff like TYs route running saying it's been brought up numerous times on here... When it just hasn't been. With all due respect when you're a member since only July this year there's a lot you've missed since TY was drafted and if you've been on here before under a different name that's where suspicion arises as we've had a few "repeat customers".

The Oline might not be great,but in its defense it's never had a full injury free line up, you can't say Grigson hasn't tried to address it with picks and FAs it's just not always fell kindly or people have plain sucked (Samson?). I guess after the last two seasons you get used to not having an interior. Yes it's a concern but to bring it up again and again will just rile people, see also TRich :P

Fair point about your civility, but we have had "civil" trolls before and people's patience has been worn down a little lately and it's becoming harder to engage in an actual discussion. At least football starts soon so we begin arguing about real games!

I have never been a member of this board before. I did follow it as a guest for many months. I don't even know what they are all talking about. They accuse me of owning an RV and I don't and I never have. I'll keep being civil and I am not a troll. When this game is over, I doubt I say anything that will get people riled up at all other than I am not sold on our coaching staff.

To the bolded, I still feel like he did well being one of the only offensive threats. 

Pass protection isn't too bad anymore, its the run-blocking that's really bad right now(better than last year..). It might end up being a long game for Luck.. lol

I think it'll be a close game that could go either way. Not a rout for either team, and probably high-scoring.

Ok, I'll bite into this dumb debate. Talib is a punk who, while good, also gets, burned bc he's....guess what? A punk. Dude is very talented but has been arrested several times, one was an issue where he shot at his sister's boyfriend. The charges were later dropped, but I still maintain he's a hothead. TY beats him once, it's all over. Especially with the new rules on contact. We'll just have to see if our guys can hang...

Paige is a buffoon.

I used to watch the ESPN show Around the Horn, and he was an absolute nutball on that show. 

He is knowledgeable, but he is more concerned with gaining attention for himself than accurately reporting information. 

As an aside, I despise reporters like Paige commenting on matters they know nothing about! Paige has NO business commenting on the Robert Mathis situation regarding fertility drugs. He does not know that Mathis was trying to cheat the system. He also threw a cheap shot in there about Irsay. Focus on the Broncos and leave your worthless comments about matters you know nothing about to yourself!

Page is just a shock writer/TV personality just like Skip Bayless.  He help ruin Around the Horn on ESPN as he got more outlandish as the years went on.

There are plenty of good writers who are picking the Broncos and I have no problem with that as they have a great case as to why they could win, but Page is just a loud mouth who is going to say crazy things to get people to read what he says or writes.

Page is just a shock writer/TV personality just like Skip Bayless.  He help ruin Around the Horn on ESPN as he got more outlandish as the years went on.

There are plenty of good writers who are picking the Broncos and I have no problem with that as they have a great case as to why they could win, but Page is just a loud mouth who is going to say crazy things to get people to read what he says or writes.

I think it's more than just Woody Page who helped ruin ES(suspend)PN.  Ever since they started becoming more political, opinionated and injecting race into topics they turned into the sports version of MSNBC.  And they made a HUGE mistake re-hiring Keith Olbermann.

I think it's more than just Woody Page who helped ruin ES(suspend)PN.  Ever since they started becoming more political, opinionated and injecting race into topics they turned into the sports version of MSNBC.  And they made a HUGE mistake re-hiring Keith Olbermann.

There is nothing wrong with covering politics and race as it does intertwine with sports in some areas. We as sports fans should be able to discuss some of these topics in a mature way.  The problem is ESPN has decided to go the 24/7 news route and just say crazy stuff to get attention and then refuse to backtrack when called out. 

You have guys like Stephen A, Skip Bayless and most of the people on PTI and ATH now just saying the craziest of crap to get peoples attention and they no longer actually focus on the integrity of reporting.

That is why I am glad they did let Bill Simmons do what he does with 30for30 and Grantland.  It is about the only thing ESPN has done right in years.

They didn't really start scoring on us until Greg Toler got hurt, and they started picking on Cassius Vaughn.

Can we use that as an excuse Mr. Paige?

Not to mention, Vontae held Demarius to 1 catch for 3 yards, and as soon as Vontae went out with a hamstring injury DT scored on the very next play. With our front 7 upgraded, specifically the DLine and ILB's, and secondary healthy, I believe Colts can do just as they did last year against the Broncos. I look for DQ and Freeman to be in Peyton's face all night. Mathis was great off the edge, but I think if you can get to Manning head on, you have a MUCH better shot at slowing him down.

I seriously like the Colts chances in this game, and absolutely love the 7 1/2 they are getting as well.

Not to mention, Vontae held Demarius to 1 catch for 3 yards, and as soon as Vontae went out with a hamstring injury DT scored on the very next play. With our front 7 upgraded, specifically the DLine and ILB's, and secondary healthy, I believe Colts can do just as they did last year against the Broncos. I look for DQ and Freeman to be in Peyton's face all night. Mathis was great off the edge, but I think if you can get to Manning head on, you have a MUCH better shot at slowing him down.

I seriously like the Colts chances in this game, and absolutely love the 7 1/2 they are getting as well.

It's basically the same offensive line Denver had from last year I believe with the exception of Clady being in this time.  With our upgraded D Line I think they are going to command the double teams more frequently to allow us to pressure the pocket and stay in Peytons face.  That will give our secondary time to apply the coverage.  I think the plan from listening closely to Pagano for this game will be to play quite a bit of Cover 2.  I say this because Pagano kept saying "We got to make him go the long way and don't give up the easy stuff".  

To me you can best do that by keeping the safties deep.  The other thing I get from the statement is Pagano probably feels with our D line we should be pretty adequate at stopping Denvers running game which I don't respect that much.  If we can get that done(I think it's very doable) then we'll get them right where we want them.  The only thing that will stop that strategy is us allowing them to run the football.  I don't think we're going to let them do it personally....

I think we'll be pretty simple in our coverages for this game.  Should be similar to the way the Seahawks handled things in the Super Bowl.  I was listening to a show on NFL Network and Michael Robinson had stated Richard Sherman noticed the percentages of Peytons passes was less when throwing deep so in that game they just kept everything underneath and sat on the routes basically applying pressure on the pocket with their pass rushers.  I don't think Denvers offensive line is as good as it's made out to be, so I think we may be able to pressure just enough to make the game go the way we want.