Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woody Paige: Broncos will Rout Colts

1959Colts

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be great this year. I don't think the Colts TEs can play with Julius Thomas but they would probably beat out Jacob to be a back up too. What is the RV business? I don't have an RV.

Sanders is bad. He honesty would probably be the 5th receiver for the Colts. Behind the top 3 and Whalen.

Sanders is bad. He honesty would probably be the 5th receiver for the Colts. Behind the top 3 and Whalen.

You are welcome to your opinion. I think he will get about 1000 yards this year and something like ten TDs. Whalen would not make the Colts team at all. Neither would the rookie or Rogers.

I've watched Around the Horn a lot. Woody Paige is one of those analysts who loves to yell and tag exclamation points to his statements, because he wants those Around the Horn upvotes (if you've watched the show, you know what I'm talking about). He isn't going to get upvoted by saying boring statements. He values extravagance, fast talk, and controversy. Inevitably, he will say things that tick people off, but that's part of his gunslinger analytical style. That's why they keep having him back on Around the Horn, because the guy is a perfect fit.

Hilton put up 1100 yards last season, the most Sanders has ever put up is 740.... Argument over

Hilton was all the Colts had. Sanders is joining the most potent offense that the NFL has ever seen. He will be the number two receiver and he will have a great year. TY is a very good receiver. He just would not make the Broncos team as a starter.

I've watched Around the Horn a lot. Woody Paige is one of those analysts who loves to yell and tag exclamation points to his statements, because he wants those Around the Horn upvotes (if you've watched the show, you know what I'm talking about). He isn't going to get upvoted by saying boring statements. He values extravagance, fast talk, and controversy. Inevitably, he will say things that tick people off, but that's part of his gunslinger analytical style. That's why they keep having him back on Around the Horn, because the guy is a perfect fit.

Around the Horn is different. Woody was a respected journalist long before that show came along. When Kravitz was in Denver, he was second banana to Woody Paige.

Elway the cap master has filled his roster with elite big names and still stayed under cap. can anyone beat a team of superstars? the dream team!

dream team???  ROFL !!!!!!!  You remember what happened a couple of years ago when the Eagles were supposedly the dream team.  Need I say more?? 

Hilton was all the Colts had. Sanders is joining the most potent offense that the NFL has ever seen. He will be the number two receiver and he will have a great year. TY is a very good receiver. He just would not make the Broncos team as a starter.

hilton would start over sanders if he were a bronco

Lone Ranger needs to get on Hi Yo Silver and go away!  Trying to tell us that T.Y., Reggie and Hakim Nicks could not play for the Broncos. The same Reggie that played with Peyton for years could not make the Broncos squad, but Wes Welker can?  I just about everyone we have down to the back ups over what they have in Denver on offense.   The thing that is making that squad run is Peyton, just like it was when he was in Indy.  Again you put Peyton on the Colts right now and you will get the same thing they achieved last year.

Elway the cap master has filled his roster with elite big names and still stayed under cap. can anyone beat a team of superstars? the dream team!

Talib-average

Ware-Old, washed-up

Ward- one dimensional

Sanders-mediocre, bad hands

Truly a master stroke by Elway.

hilton would start over sanders if he were a bronco

Exactly.  I'd say Nicks would also.  I think Grigs recognized the same thing as well, he had his opportunities to pick up Sanders but he chose to pick up Nicks.  Nicks has one bad year on a whole offense that was in decline to tell you the truth.

Talib-average

Ware-Old, washed-up

Ward- one dimensional

Sanders-mediocre, bad hands

Truly a master stroke by Elway.

Not exactly true. Talib can be very good or very bad. I've heard some describe it as a switch that can be turned on or off. When it is off, yes he's not very good, but when it's on he shuts guys like DT and Grahm completely down. Ware had an injury ridden season last year, but that's been his only bad one. That's like saying Wayne is completely washed up at this point. From all reports, Ware looks like the old Ware and more importantly, he's been giving the other pass rushers valuable advice. Ward is a very good safety versus the run and does need improvement in pass coverage, but so far he has shown flashes of being better in pass coverage than he was in Cleveland.

Sanders was a meh move imo. I do think he's better than decker just because of his speed. Decker was overrated. I thought Nicks was a better signing value wise. But Sanders give the broncos what they needed, more speed. He has the ability to be their TY, which they need against seattle.

Sanders could have the better year but that's because of Peyton. Peyton elevates his guys but that doesn't mean they are naturally better than other players. On the Broncos, TY would be a number 2, he does everything better than Sanders. You have to factor out the QB when looking at WRs.

Lone Ranger needs to get on Hi Yo Silver and go away!  Trying to tell us that T.Y., Reggie and Hakim Nicks could not play for the Broncos. The same Reggie that played with Peyton for years could not make the Broncos squad, but Wes Welker can?  I just about everyone we have down to the back ups over what they have in Denver on offense.   The thing that is making that squad run is Peyton, just like it was when he was in Indy.  Again you put Peyton on the Colts right now and you will get the same thing they achieved last year.

Reggie in his prime was a no brainer. That is not the Reggie you have now. Reggie is old and coming off of a serious injury. He may not be able to play for the Colts much less the Broncos. No, you would not get the same results because Peyton has a much better offensive line and a much better defense that will cause turnovers and get Peyton more possessions. The Colts coaching staff would never let Peyton be Peyton just like they are holding Luck back.

Not exactly true. Talib can be very good or very bad. I've heard some describe it as a switch that can be turned on or off. When it is off, yes he's not very good, but when it's on he shuts guys like DT and Grahm completely down

Any CB can shut a WR down when he's "on". That doesn't anything. And he was alreay getting killed by DT in the playoff game before he left with an "injur.y"

Ware had an injury ridden season last year, but that's been his only bad one. That's like saying Wayne is completely washed up at this point. From all reports, Ware looks like the old Ware and more importantly, he's been giving the other pass rushers valuable advice. 

Every player looks good in camp. I'll believe he's good when he steps onto the field and proves it. Til then, his last seasonis his current indication of how he will probably play. 

And no, that Reggie comparison makes 0% sense. Reggie was on his way to 1,200 yards before he got injured. Not nearly the same scenario.

Ward is a very good safety versus the run and does need improvement in pass coverage, but so far he has shown flashes of being better in pass coverage than he was in Cleveland.

In pre-season and training camp. Where every player looks good.

Sanders was a meh move imo. I do think he's better than decker 

He's not. He's not even a deep threat really. He's a mediocre version of Randall Cobb. 

Hopefully you will get a heavy does of the bans soon.

Why? I am being polite, I just disagree with some of you on this. I think the Broncos receivers from starters to reserves are much better than the Colts. That is all there is to it, nothing else. Is one not allowed to have the opinion that some player on the Colts might not be as good as a player on an upcoming opponent? What is there to be banned in that?

I've been saying the Broncos are going to destroy the Colts for a while now. A lot of you delusional fanboys are in for a wake up call.  I wonder what you'll be saying after the Colts are demolished in game 1, probably make up and use a myriad of excuses.  Have to give that to you, you all are really good at coming up with excuses.  I seriously sometimes wonder how some fans can be so far detached from reality.

Reggie in his prime was a no brainer. That is not the Reggie you have now. Reggie is old and coming off of a serious injury. He may not be able to play for the Colts much less the Broncos. No, you would not get the same results because Peyton has a much better offensive line and a much better defense that will cause turnovers and get Peyton more possessions. The Colts coaching staff would never let Peyton be Peyton just like they are holding Luck back.

the colts staff have let peyton be peyton for years and we got a bunch of one and dones in the playoffs. hilton is faster than sanders as well so he is better all around. Broncos have a few guys coming back from acl tears as well. Reggie looked fine to me in training camp and preseason.