Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woody Paige: Broncos will Rout Colts

1959Colts

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully expect, and am confident that we WILL beat the broncos next Sunday !!!  Whoever this Page guy is, he is probably a broncos homer fan, upset that the Colts beat his precious broncos last season  LOL.  This game will NOT be a blowout, as some here are suggesting.  I am fully expecting that the Colts will hand the Broncos their 1st loss of the season like we did last year !!!

Woody is one of the best sports writers in the country and he has been for a long time. In years past I have seen him write articles critical of the Broncos so I don't think he qualifies as a homer. I think most of his points were spot on and if I was betting on this game, I would take the Broncos to win by more than a touchdown. I think they will be the Colt by 20 or more. This is not a good game for the Colts to start their season. They don't match up well with the team or the altitude.

Since it'll be the very first game for each team, Woody's prediction could easily come true...or not. You never know until at least half-way into the season how teams are shaping up.

The one thing I am very skeptical of is the Colts' pass rush. Anything remotely resembling pre-season game-3 and it will be a long day indeed for the Colts.

Woody is one of the best sports writers in the country and he has been for a long time. In years past I have seen him write articles critical of the Broncos so I don't think he qualifies as a homer. I think most of his points were spot on and if I was betting on this game, I would take the Broncos to win by more than a touchdown. I think they will be the Colt by 20 or more. This is not a good game for the Colts to start their season. They don't match up well with the team or the altitude.

The broncos will NOT, I repeat NOT, beat us by 20 or more points !!!  That is just ludicrous !!!  Colts will WIN by at least 1 TD !!!

The one thing that I think will be interesting in this match up is how the Broncos will attack Dqwell Jackson in the passing game. I'm sure they took note of what the Saints were doing in that preseason game.  Denver can use Julius Thomas in a similar fashion. I want to see how Manusky responds to the issue as well. 

I'm just a touch worried they'll run stunts and overloads up the middle to pressure/hit Luck, and we won't have enough pressure on Manning to keep him from marching up the field and off the scoreboard.  We really will miss Mathis this game.

One other thing bothers me.  Paige says no Super Bowl winning team has ever lost all 4 exhibition games.  :(

As a betting man, I hope people keep laying money on Denver as I will gladly take the points the Colts are given. I would love to see it end up around 10.

Take a look back at Super Bowl losers vs the number week 1 the Colts might be one of the better plays on the board until SF last year it not only did they not cover only like 3 since 2000 actually won the game.

I'm just a touch worried they'll run stunts and overloads up the middle to pressure/hit Luck, and we won't have enough pressure on Manning to keep him from marching up the field and off the scoreboard.  We really will miss Mathis this game.

One other thing bothers me.  Paige says no Super Bowl winning team has ever lost all 4 exhibition games.  :(

Paige should take a look back at the Super Bowl losers record vs the spread and straight up since 2000 and as far as Denver getting back to the Super Bowl after losing in the history of the NFL I think they have like a .04% chance. I am not going to spend the time looking it up.

I do a good bit of wagering nothing statistically looks good for Denver this year.

I'm sorry but come on this is really a trash journalism article at it's finest. Fine there are legitimate concerns from a Colts point of view, mostly the Oline and lack of pass rush but he didn't stick at laying out why he thinks it will be a blowout he had to have digs at Irasy/Matthis etc. That moves it from I think it's going be a blowout to trash talking, I guess losing last year to us stung a little? Any professional journalist who has to descend to that level to bring in unrelated factors to just have a little dig isn't being very professional.

Moving away from the article and onto the game itself, I'm not going to go blind homer and say I fully expect us to win. Hey my head says yes we should struggle... BUT... and it's a bit but. There is something about this team that over the last two seasons rises to the occasion and pulls it out when they are facing the greatest adversity. It used to frustrate me endlessly in game day threads that even when we'd gone down by a mere 7 people were running around calling for the FO's heads despite the week after week comebacks. Is it really what I want to see from the team? No. But they have shown they can pull off some pretty amazing things so let's not go totally negative here. We might lose but I doubt it will be as big a blowout as people think.

Remember blind negativity is showing the same level of ignorance as blind homerism. 

With Peyton Manning on the Broncos and the Colts' injuries on O-line, the game leans toward Denver.  

Indy can win this game and it is in no way out of reach.  Granted, they cannot afford the mistakes that the first team made in the NO preseason game.   If the D can get pressure and Toler and Davis can play like they did here in the same game last year (minus injuries), the D will have a good game.  For the Offense, Luck has weapons at WR but I'm concerned about the run game.  It will be a tough game.  

Uh, we didn't win in the Super Bowl. We were busy being blasted by the Patriots. Oh, yeah, the Broncos beat the Pats in the playoffs. So what does that all mean?

We were healthy when we beat the broncos. We were some 17 players deep on ir by the time we played NE.

Now that is a fine excuse but every team had injuries and teams like the Broncos had lots of them to important players but they didn't whine and quit.

Yeah bud, we had 5 important guys on ir just on the offense side of the ball. Nobody is making up excuses. Was pointing out when we were healthy we beat 3 of the top teams in the NFL. And NE is a very very very hard team to beat in NE in a playoff game. Why it's even a debate is pretty silly if you ask me.

Load of nonsense

Sorry, but I think we have too many weapons on this team for me to concede that somebody is going to steam roll us going into any game this season.  Not just weapons, but players who have been there before and they are seasoned. It's really all about Peyton to be honest as far as why these writers do what they do.  If he were on the Colts right now the pundits would be punching us a ticket to the Super Bowl with everything we have and that's a pure fact.  Luck and Peyton are not the same guy, but I have great confidence in what Luck can get done with our 2014 team offensively speaking.  Call me crazy but I think we have better offensive pieces(excluding the O Line) across the board than the Broncos do.

I like what we have defensively as well, and I do believe they will be able to get some pressure on Peyton this Sunday to sustain our coverages.  You may say we don't have Mathis, but I believe we have a much improved front seven that's going to open up some opportunities for the guys we do have to get that dude off the field when we need to.  The front 7 that we have now is better than when we faced them in Lucas Oil last year.

I see Broncos have home field advantage in their favor.  also, Manning was taken aback by the tribute last year, mentioned so in post game speech

"Hopefully we'll have a chance to play these guys again because that would mean we made the playoffs," Manning said. "I think if there is a next time it may be a little bit easier just because it was somewhat of an emotional week and it can be a little bit draining, I will say that."

Finally, they were coming back on us in a big way late second half.  If our D doesn't create turnovers, like then, next week then we will not prevail.  And the Broncos are a favored team to win it all, not us... yet.

http://www.sportsbettingacumen.com/nfl/news/2014/future-odds-superbowl.asp

http://cover32.com/2014/05/27/power-rankings-rating-each-nfl-teams-odds-of-winning-the-super-bowl-in-2014/

nd to think we're picking back up players we threw away from our O line of two years ago.  Wow, we are hurting badly there.That group needs to get healthy, and get good.  Quick or we will struggle more than we should.

I think the Broncos will try to play similar schemes as the Patriots did in the playoff game as far as their defense is concern.  They'll want to try and get us passing a whole lot to force Luck into mistakes. I don't think they'll be able to do that because I'm betting we'll be able to run the ball reasonably well with Ahmad Bradshaw and Boom Herron.  I can't speak on what Trent will do in the running game, but I know he'll do some damage on the short passing dump offs and screens. We can open up the play action passing from there.

Sorry, but I think we have too many weapons on this team for me to concede that somebody is going to steam roll us going into any game this season.  Not just weapons, but players who have been there before and they are seasoned. It's really all about Peyton to be honest as far as why these writers do what they do.  If he were on the Colts right now the pundits would be punching us a ticket to the Super Bowl with everything we have and that's a pure fact.  Luck and Peyton are not the same guy, but I have great confidence in what Luck can get done with our 2014 team offensively speaking.  Call me crazy but I think we have better offensive pieces(excluding the O Line) across the board than the Broncos do.

I like what we have defensively as well, and I do believe they will be able to get some pressure on Peyton this Sunday to sustain our coverages.  You may say we don't have Mathis, but I believe we have a much improved front seven that's going to open up some opportunities for the guys we do have to get that dude off the field when we need to.  The front 7 that we have now is better than when we faced them in Lucas Oil last year.

What? Denver has the best receiving core in the NFL. Their defense is miles ahead of anything the Colts can put on the field. That team is one of the most improved teams in the entire NFL. I am afraid your arguments are seriously weak. I want us to win mind you but I think this one will get way out of hand. We have a better chance against the Eagles and I'm not sure we can win that game. Our coaching staff is a serious weakness on this team.

Not sure why this is so outrageous?  A key to us winning the game last year was Mathis' pressure.  Without that, Manning will likely pick our secondary apart.  And we are likely going to have a beat up OLine.  I love the Colts, but I doubt they win this one.  It is not being negative.  It is being realistic.

What? Denver has the best receiving core in the NFL. Their defense is miles ahead of anything the Colts can put on the field. That team is one of the most improved teams in the entire NFL. I am afraid your arguments are seriously weak. I want us to win mind you but I think this one will get way out of hand. We have a better chance against the Eagles and I'm not sure we can win that game. Our coaching staff is a serious weakness on this team.

What's weak about my argument?  They've got Demarius Thomas and who else that is better than T.Y. Hilton, Reggie Wayne, and Hakeem Nicks?  And Demarius Thomas did zero against us last year.  They've got a banged up long in the tooth Wes Welker who may not even play in the game and they've got Emmanuel Sanders who is not better than T. Y. Hilton, Reggie Wayne, or Hakim Nicks.   Do they have better depth than the Colts with Rogers and Whalen?  The answer is no! Let's take a look at the Broncos tight ends.  They have Julius Thomas, but we have Allen and Fleener to match that.  And from there they have good ole Montee Ball at running back. How many pro bowls do you have there?  Peyton is the thing that drives them, to me their talent is not that spectacular.

Man you are talking about a defense that is a paper tiger champ.  You don't know what that unit is, they haven't done anything as of yet.  You are going off all the names you see particularly on the D line and they are long in the tooth to me.  It's like you trying to call out the names of Mathis and Freeney in the Cover 2. after a while people stopped being scared of that.  We've seen defenses like this assembled in the preseason all the time only to fall short when the season hits.  Remember the Dream Team? I don't care what those dude have on defense right now.   They ain't better than Seattles defense and we were able to get it done against them last year and our talent is much better this year.   I don't buy what you are saying........

What's weak about my argument?  They've got Demarius Thomas and who else that is better than T.Y. Hilton, Reggie Wayne, and Hakeem Nicks?  And Demarius Thomas did zero against us last year.  They've got a banged up long in the tooth Wes Welker who may not even play in the game and they've got Emmanuel Sanders who is not better than T. Y. Hilton, Reggie Wayne, or Hakim Nicks.   Do they have better depth than the Colts with Rogers and Whalen.  The answer is no! Let's take a look at the Broncos tight ends.  They have Julius Thomas, but we have Allen and Fleener to match that.  And from there they have good ole Montee Ball at running back. How many pro bowls do you have there?  Peyton is the thing that drives them, to me their talent is not that spectacular.

Man you are talking about a defense that is a paper tiger champ.  You don't know what that unit is, they haven't done anything as of yet.  You are going off all the names you see particularly on the D line and they are long in the tooth to me.  It's like you trying to call out the names of Mathis and Freeney in the Cover 2. after a while people stopped being scared of that.  We've seen defenses like this assembled in the preseason all the time only to fall short when the season hits.  Remember the Dream Team?

Are you kidding. None of the receivers you mentioned would crack the starting lineup for Denver. That is how big the difference is.

You cooking meth in your RV Blu? Wayne and TY would definitely start over Sanders. Quit being a gigantic homer.

You have an old WR playing on one leg and a young WR who disappears all of the time. Sanders would be out either of them to start on any team including the Broncos and the Colts. He also mentioned depth. That isn't close either. None of our backups would make the Bronco's roster. Wayne and TY might though.

You have an old WR playing on one leg and a young WR who disappears all of the time. Sanders would be out either of them to start on any team including the Broncos and the Colts. He also mentioned depth. That isn't close either. None of our backups would make the Bronco's roster. Wayne and TY might though.

Sanders sucks.