Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should the Colts sign Richie Incognito?

mintor

Should the Colts sign Richie Incognito?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Colts sign Richie Incognito?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

Dude hasn't p 'll yard ball/been associated with a team for a long time, doubt the dudes close to being game ready, plus somebody said he's a class A jerk, so why are people infatuated with this guy?

Because he's probably still better than Mewhort/Thornton/Louis even if he's not quite game ready. We have no depth at left guard and this guy was just a pro bowler at LG 2 seasons ago. He'd sign a vet minimum deal and if he cause any trouble, he could be released instantly. I think it's worth a gamble.

Voted "Yes".  The interior OLine needs to be fixed if we are going to do anything worthwhile this season.  Priority one should be to protect the Franchise QB. Luck took way too many hits this preseason. Colts have the veteran leadership in the locker room and the coaching staff necessary to handle Incognito. 

Dude hasn't p 'll yard ball/been associated with a team for a long time, doubt the dudes close to being game ready, plus somebody said he's a class A jerk, so why are people infatuated with this guy?

Well, he's two years removed from a Pro Bowl.

So, there's that...

I don't care about character issues talent win games. Give the man a vet minimum if he acts out or under perform cut him. Every one talks about him bully john buy it's football being a bully on the field isn't a bad thing, I mean when was the last time we has an oline men with a mean streak Lol,

Because he's probably still better than Mewhort/Thornton/Louis even if he's not quite game ready. We have no depth at left guard and this guy was just a pro bowler at LG 2 seasons ago. He'd sign a vet minimum deal and if he cause any trouble, he could be released instantly. I think it's worth a gamble.

Well, he's two years removed from a Pro Bowl.

So, there's that...

Well Champ Bailey & Ed Reed are 2 years removed from pro bowl appearances too & people aren't clambering for them to be brought in...

Just saying...

Except Reed and Bailey are both older than Jesus's sandals.

I don't think our roster is ever set in stone. Grigson is busier than a one legged man in an * kicking contest. I'm sure he's still turning over ever rock and looking at options.

Except Reed and Bailey are both older than Jesus's sandals.

I don't think our roster is ever set in stone. Grigson is busier than a one legged man in an butt kicking contest. I'm sure he's still turning over ever rock and looking at options.

Right, I was just jokingly making the point that a few other guys that are just a few years removed from probowl selections are currently out of the league...

A lot of people are on the Richie Incognito band wagon, and that's fine, I'm actually pretty indifferent to his whole bullying issues, I just find it hard to believe he would be such a great pick up if he's still on the market and remains there, there are 31 other teams that arent signing the guy either, and you can't tell me at leas t a portion of those teams couldn't use an upgrade or two at O Line positions themselves.

But I agree Grigs will keep looking for ways to improve the team & if R.I. is brought in more power to him.I just don t see the need to make yet another thread about the guy...

espn said  he just got release too play in nfl on monday and he been training for the last 6 mos he in great shape too play  too espn.

I think he is a 10 year Vet.  If he will accept the minimum, it will be $955,000.  He may want more than 1 million to play.  If he is signed before game 1, the whole salary is guaranteed.  He pockets it all as a vested veteran. Even if he is released before game 2 for fighting with Redding etc... in the locker room. A real possibility because he's done it everywhere else.  If he signs after the games have begun, Grigs would have better leverage on the financials, but then Incognito might tell him to go pound sand if he might only pocket one game check before getting kicked to the curb.

I still say no.

jbaron04

Posted Yesterday, 04:43 PM

I don't care about character issues talent win games. Give the man a vet minimum if he acts out or under perform cut him. Every one talks about him bully john buy it's football being a bully on the field isn't a bad thing, I mean when was the last time we has an oline men with a mean streak Lol,

I think its worth a gamble. Although his character and game readiness does concern me a lot.

I'd sign him on a 'prove it' vet minimum deal only.

Players have big egos. I can only imagine what R.I.'s is. I don't think he'll sign for just $955,000. (That is the legal vet Min for him)  He'll want to at least add incentives. if not more added to the base salary or bonus pay too.  And if it is constructed after the 1st games have been played, he'll demand a certain amount of salary ( plus some if not all the LTBE incentives ) guaranteed.  I just don't think it will be as easy to sign him as many here do.

Hmmmmm  (dream scenario plays inside  the head-

(Richie, sign right here on Tuesday following game 1 for this rock bottom, take it or leave it deal. No incentives, no guarantees.  And if you get into it in practice with a guy(s), don't try to start something in the locker room later because our vets will kick your behind and Pagano will then hand you your pink slip. No more paychecks. Oh, no stupid personal fouls calls at the wrong time on the field that cost us a win. Same end result  Yeah, it's a great deal for us, and not much incentive for you. But hey... you at least got a job right?  Well for as long as you don't upset the apple cart... )

I know Just >50% here want him signed.  But Nobody_Has_Mentioned details of a contract.  Just prove it vet min'  type of signing, with an easy cut. And if you really think he'll take $955,000 guaranteed between now and Sept. 7 (I don't think Grigs will do that), or take $895,312.50 non guaranteed after that.  neither with any incentives or bonus, well... good luck.  But I'll eat my words and toot his horn if Grigs pulls of either scenario and Incognito goes along with it.  Even though I don't prefer him on the roster.  We'll see. 

And it still begs to be answered- why.... why hasn't anybody, anybody, signed him yet if he is so good talent wise and in desperate need of a paycheck?  Just does not make sense. Unless all the items fans don't care about (contract details, past history, etc...) are a piece of the puzzle and big deal to those that run a franchise.

Everyone deserves a second chance if the crime isn't too severe.  I think if Richie has matured and can be professional on and off the field then sure.

If the Colts really need O-line help then bring him in and try him out.

I think it would be a mistake for the Pats to sign him after trading Mankins who's been one of the best more professional locker room guys.  The perception would be pretty bad and a big slap in the face to integrity.

Everyone deserves a second chance if the crime isn't too severe.  I think if Richie has matured and can be professional on and off the field then sure.

If the Colts really need O-line help then bring him in and try him out.

I think it would be a mistake for the Pats to sign him after trading Mankins who's been one of the best more professional locker room guys.  The perception would be pretty bad and a big slap in the face to integrity.

If he looks good n a tryout and manages his 5 hour interview well saying the right things, what is the most $ ( > $900,00)you'll offer him... what bonus, what incentives, and how much guaranteed? And then ...do you think he will accept it? That is the real question.  Not so much whether to sign him, but how?

If he looks good n a tryout and manages his 5 hour interview well saying the right things, what is the most $ ( > $900,00)you'll offer him... what bonus, what incentives, and how much guaranteed? And then ...do you think he will accept it? That is the real question.  Not so much whether to sign him, but how?

Given your assumption, he looks good, etc., why is money an issue? Let his agent and our front office work out the details.

We have plenty of cap and we'd just be renting him for the year most likely.

The real question is - can he still play?

Given your assumption, he looks good, etc., why is money an issue? Let his agent and our front office work out the details.

We have plenty of cap and we'd just be renting him for the year most likely.

The real question is - can he still play?

No that is your assumption, and duly noted .  Mine is can he keep his huge Yap shut and hands to himself, excepting legal play vs. opponents?

IMO 1 year, 500K guaranteed, up to 5 million possible with incentives.

Sneeze the wrong way without covering his mouth and he's out of here.

Illegal offer, you have to start at $955,000... then go up from there at this time. He's a 10 year vested veteran. and base salary is all guaranteed.

NFL - NFLPA CBA rules....

does not mean that they cant play, could be money

Yeah, Im not sure whether either guys got much left in the tank, I'm just saying that there aren't multiple threads talking about bringing either guy in like there is about Ritchie.

Not trying to be snarky, but Im not sure if you read through the thread, so i think You took my post out of context...

No that is your assumption, and duly noted .  Mine is can he keep his huge Yap shut and hands to himself, excepting legal play vs. opponents?

Well, to be technical, I was quoting your opening sentence.  So it was your assumption.  I have no idea if he can play.

I also doubt he can keep his hands to himself on the field, he never could.  But that's no different than any other guard in the league.

My opinion, all along, is IF he can still play, his value outweighs any risk.