Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stephen Hill is on the market

amfootball

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11436087/new-york-jets-cut-stephen-hill

The Jets cut Hill who I always thought was a pretty good receiver just caught in a bad situation. He had Sanchez/Tebow to star this career and then Smith last year in his rookie season. I think he would be a good pick up for a team needy at WR. Maybe Carolina? Apparently his agent is fuming at the Jets and Ryan:

"I'm disappointed in Rex because I don't think he publicly supported Stephen like he should have," Herman told ESPN.com. "You never hear him call out his defensive guys. I don't see him criticizing Kyle Wilson or Quinton Coples. So, yeah, I'm disappointed. I think the Jets have to accept part of the blame. I think he deserved one more year. I just think the Jets should've stuck with him for another year."

"The quarterback situation with [Mark] Sanchez and [Tim] Tebow was obviously a disaster; it wasn't right for a young player," Herman told ESPN.com, alluding to 2012, Hill's rookie year. "Last year, Geno [smith] was thrown into a difficult situation and the offense was limited. Stephen's bread-and-butter is the deep ball, which we rarely saw. Stephen needs an established quarterback situation to help him realize his potential."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11436087/new-york-jets-cut-stephen-hill

The Jets cut Hill who I always thought was a pretty good receiver just caught in a bad situation. He had Sanchez/Tebow to star this career and then Smith last year in his rookie season. I think he would be a good pick up for a team needy at WR. Maybe Carolina? Apparently his agent is fuming at the Jets and Ryan:

"I'm disappointed in Rex because I don't think he publicly supported Stephen like he should have," Herman told ESPN.com. "You never hear him call out his defensive guys. I don't see him criticizing Kyle Wilson or Quinton Coples. So, yeah, I'm disappointed. I think the Jets have to accept part of the blame. I think he deserved one more year. I just think the Jets should've stuck with him for another year."

"The quarterback situation with [Mark] Sanchez and [Tim] Tebow was obviously a disaster; it wasn't right for a young player," Herman told ESPN.com, alluding to 2012, Hill's rookie year. "Last year, Geno [smith] was thrown into a difficult situation and the offense was limited. Stephen's bread-and-butter is the deep ball, which we rarely saw. Stephen needs an established quarterback situation to help him realize his potential."

I think you have a good point there. Hill never really had a chance to show what he could become with the lack of a decent QB and the lack of a head coach that cares enough about the offense on his team. That has been an obvious problem in NY for the last couple of seasons. Rex is basically a defensive guy but not head coach material in my opinion. His team started out pretty good and has gone downhill since.

He can't run routes or catch the ball. He's DHB.

I agree 100%. He is terrible.

What do you think of Jerome Simpson? He is a much more productive player than Hill. He is suspended for the first 3 games. Do you think any team would trade for him before the 4th game? Most of us Vikings fans don't want him back.

I agree 100%. He is terrible.

What do you think of Jerome Simpson? He is a much more productive player than Hill. He is suspended for the first 3 games. Do you think any team would trade for him before the 4th game? Most of us Vikings fans don't want him back.

IMO, Simpson is a #3 receiver at his very best. He tends to make the spectacular plays, then either gets the drops, or disappears entirely. He's too inconsistent and with his suspension, unless you have no other receivers, I wouldn't take him irl or in fantasy.

Stephen Hill Reminds me of the boxer Roberto Duran. "Hands of Stone"...and if I were a head coach I would yell out what he yelled out in the 2nd Sugar Ray Leonard fight.."NO MAS!!!"

IMO, Simpson is a #3 receiver at his very best. He tends to make the spectacular plays, then either gets the drops, or disappears entirely. He's too inconsistent and with his suspension, unless you have no other receivers, I wouldn't take him irl or in fantasy.

Stephen Hill Reminds me of the boxer Roberto Duran. "Hands of Stone"...and if I were a head coach I would yell out what he yelled out in the 2nd Sugar Ray Leonard fight.."NO MAS!!!"

I agree with you. When Simpson returns, we will have to cut him or get rid of one of our younger receivers. I would rather keep the young guys who have no history of off-the-field problems, at least not that I am aware of.

RE: Stephen Hill, yes "No Mas en el NFL". The Jets have not done well with drafting wide receivers since the days of Keyshawn and Chrebet.