Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need help with Fantasy Football? Ask here!

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas has as many TD's this year that Ertz had all of last year. No, they are not even in the same stratosphere. They are not fantasy comparable at all.

Ok, and Ertz was a rookie last year, he's done well enough that he should be used ahead of almost everyone but 3 TE's in my opinion. Please quit trolling me. It's my opinion, and your not going to change it.

I agree, but it was a 3 for 3 deal, and that deal doesn't make sense with peterson possibly getting suspended. Ertz and Julius are only 2 players in that trade. Ertz, if he caught that td pass would have 14-15 points yesterday. He can be just as good as thomas most weeks in that eagles offense. He's a little below thomas, but not by much.

alright peeps need some advice. a guy in my league has a ton of rbs and i have a lot of wrs. im trying to get le'veon bell from him. i have michael crabtree, julio jones, steve smith sr, larry fitzgerald, golden tate, and sammy watkins all on my team. obviously im not getting rid of jones so what two would be a fair trade?

alright peeps need some advice. a guy in my league has a ton of rbs and i have a lot of wrs. im trying to get le'veon bell from him. i have michael crabtree, julio jones, steve smith sr, larry fitzgerald, golden tate, and sammy watkins all on my team. obviously im not getting rid of jones so what two would be a fair trade?

If you're not giving up Jones, hew not gonna give up Bell for any combination of those guys.

pick 4 to start

sammy watkins vs the chargers

bradshaw vs the jags

corrdarrelle patterson vs the saints

shane vereen vs the raiders

bernerd pierce vs the browns

matt asiata vs the saints

right now I have vereen bradshaw patterson and pierce starting

Should I pick up Khiry Robinson or Donald Brown?

Well, I took Khiry since someone else took Donald.  Now I'm wondering who to start between the following:

QB: Foles or Cousins (playing each other and the guy I'm facing has WAS defense)

RBs: 2 of Vereen, Gio Bernard, Ellington, or Khiry (I'm thinking Vereen since he plays Oakland and Gio since he is the bellcow and is facing Tennessee who gave up tons of yards to Murray and the Cowboys.  Ellington faces San Fran's defense, but is the focal point of an offense with Drew Stanton at the helm, Khiry playing Minny)

WR: 2 of Roddy White (hurt), Andrew Hawkins, or Mike Evans (playing a porous defense in Atlanta)

I have 1 more add/drop move left for the week and I might use it on my defense.  I currently have Arizona and they play San Fran.  Kaep was in love with throwing picks last week, but I'm not sure how that'll go this week.

And I'm now looking to trade for Arian Foster.  The guy who has him in our league loves the Cardinals.  My team is as follows:

QB - Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins

RB - Ellington, Gio Bernard, Khiry Robinson, Shane Vereen

WR - Dez, Cordarelle Patterson, Mike Evans, Roddy White, Andrew Hawkins

TE - Jimmy Graham

His team is:

QB - Tom Brady, Carson Palmer

RB - Foster, Carlos Hyde, Adrian Peterson

WR - Demaryius Thomas, Sammy Watkins, Jeremy Maclin, Keenan Allen, John Brown

TE - Kyle Rudolph, Antonio Gates

What kind of package do you think I should put together?

Thanks for all the advice!

If you can get value for Larry Fitzgerald in this trade, then absolutely do it. I expect him to have a horrible year and for Michael Floyd to take over. Also trade Sammy Watkins while his value is high. Rookie WR's usually don't get more than 1,000 yards and I expect that will be Watkins' ceiling this year. Crabtree and Julio are both solid options that you would prefer to keep, Steve Smith has shown he is a favorite target of Flacco and still has something left in the tank, and golden tate is good for 80 yards a game. Trade Fitz and Watkins if you can, if they don't want Fitz, try Crabtree and Watkins.

pick 4 to start

sammy watkins vs the chargers

bradshaw vs the jags

corrdarrelle patterson vs the saints

shane vereen vs the raiders

bernerd pierce vs the browns

matt asiata vs the saints

right now I have vereen bradshaw patterson and pierce starting

I actually have Watkins as a sit this week, so yes, I would sit him here. I have to completely agree with you on the 4 to start in this league. I like asiata, but the 4 matchups for the others are so good that I wouldn't want to pass up on them. Go with your gut and go with the matchups here, the result should be pretty good.

Well, I took Khiry since someone else took Donald.  Now I'm wondering who to start between the following:

QB: Foles or Cousins (playing each other and the guy I'm facing has WAS defense)

RBs: 2 of Vereen, Gio Bernard, Ellington, or Khiry (I'm thinking Vereen since he plays Oakland and Gio since he is the bellcow and is facing Tennessee who gave up tons of yards to Murray and the Cowboys.  Ellington faces San Fran's defense, but is the focal point of an offense with Drew Stanton at the helm, Khiry playing Minny)

WR: 2 of Roddy White (hurt), Andrew Hawkins, or Mike Evans (playing a porous defense in Atlanta)

I have 1 more add/drop move left for the week and I might use it on my defense.  I currently have Arizona and they play San Fran.  Kaep was in love with throwing picks last week, but I'm not sure how that'll go this week.

QB: I would start Cousins over Foles in this matchup. I know the Eagles slowed down Luck, but Cousins I trust and this Washington defense is going to put pressure on Foles. I see Cousins moving the ball and having a big day.

RB: Gio is the first start. Gio gets tons of yards in the rushing and receiving game, and now he is getting around 20 carries per game as well, he is a must start. While San Fran's defense has shown an inability to stop the run this year a bit (demarco murray ran all over them), stanton is no threat like romo and they will key in on ellington. I'd agree with you here and go Vareen in Oakland. The Pats will put up points, and you just have to hope that Vareen is part of that. The only thing that worries me is that ridley got a lot of those yards and a td last week. I would avoid Khiry all together until you know his carries go up.

WR: I would start Andrew Hawkins for sure. He's still the only real threat at WR on that Browns team and Hoyer is doing a decent job passing on that team. I would also start Mike Evans in this matchup Vs Atlanta. This game has a chance of being a shootout, and this is Mike Evans time to shine. Roddy White is hurt right now as you said, and I would probably just avoid him this week.

Keep your Arizona defense, it's an elite defense. San Fran is physical, but I still see this as a low scoring game.

And I'm now looking to trade for Arian Foster.  The guy who has him in our league loves the Cardinals.  My team is as follows:

QB - Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins

RB - Ellington, Gio Bernard, Khiry Robinson, Shane Vereen

WR - Dez, Cordarelle Patterson, Mike Evans, Roddy White, Andrew Hawkins

TE - Jimmy Graham

His team is:

QB - Tom Brady, Carson Palmer

RB - Foster, Carlos Hyde, Adrian Peterson

WR - Demaryius Thomas, Sammy Watkins, Jeremy Maclin, Keenan Allen, John Brown

TE - Kyle Rudolph, Antonio Gates

What kind of package do you think I should put together?

Thanks for all the advice!

This is very difficult in a shallow league, but his weakness is rb and you have Ellington. Offer Ellington for sure. With Peterson not playing and you wanting Foster I'd offer him these two packages. Ellington and Khiry Robinson for Foster. That would give him a couple rbs for Foster and you get the best rb while he gets a couple starters while AP is gone. If that doesn't work, offer Ellington, Khiry, and your Cardinals defense for Foster and his defense. With a couple Cardinals there, he might bite.

This is very difficult in a shallow league, but his weakness is rb and you have Ellington. Offer Ellington for sure. With Peterson not playing and you wanting Foster I'd offer him these two packages. Ellington and Khiry Robinson for Foster. That would give him a couple rbs for Foster and you get the best rb while he gets a couple starters while AP is gone. If that doesn't work, offer Ellington, Khiry, and your Cardinals defense for Foster and his defense. With a couple Cardinals there, he might bite.

Thanks, Jared!  You're the man!!

I actually have Watkins as a sit this week, so yes, I would sit him here. I have to completely agree with you on the 4 to start in this league. I like asiata, but the 4 matchups for the others are so good that I wouldn't want to pass up on them. Go with your gut and go with the matchups here, the result should be pretty good.

stevan ridley was on the wire so I picked him up and Im starting him over vereen

Kaep has shown he is able to light up the Cards' defense.  You're still confident in me rolling with them.

If the Cards defense is part of the trade to get Foster, I have no problem with getting rid of it. Yes, Kaep plays Arizona relatively well, but he won't dominate. At most I say that San Fran puts up 20 points. Play Arizona's defense if you have them, but don't be afraid to trade them for Foster as well. I usually draft one elite defense and play them all year unless they sharply decline. No need to play matchups with Arizona's defense. Sorry for the mixup, put your Foster trade first, and start Arizona's defense if they remain with you after the trade.

If the Cards defense is part of the trade to get Foster, I have no problem with getting rid of it. Yes, Kaep plays Arizona relatively well, but he won't dominate. At most I say that San Fran puts up 20 points. Play Arizona's defense if you have them, but don't be afraid to trade them for Foster as well. I usually draft one elite defense and play them all year unless they sharply decline. No need to play matchups with Arizona's defense. Sorry for the mixup, put your Foster trade first, and start Arizona's defense if they remain with you after the trade.

Sounds good.  The other guy's defense is Carolina.  I would love having their defense, but facing elite offenses like the Saints and Falcons twice a year worries me to some degree.  CAR was ranked higher than ARZ in most places I saw, but their division has better offenses.  I'll go with your suggestion of Ellington and Khiry for Foster and try to keep Arizona.  Thanks again for all the help!

Hey, Jared. Since you offered, here's my roster. Any thoughts or suggestions? James Jones is available and I'm tempted to pick him up, but don't know who I'd drop for him.

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Lesean McCoy

RB - Alfred Morris

WR - Roddy White

WR - Andrew Hawkins

FLEX - T.Y. Hilton

TE - Dennis Pitta

K - Justin Tucker

DEF - Patriots

BENCH

QB - Joe Flacce

RB - Deangelo Williams

RB - Jerick McKinnon

WR - Larry Fitzgerald

WR - Josh Gordon

TE - Larry Donnell

DEF - Bengals

EDIT: My strategy has always been to not pick up drop players based on a weekly matchup. I try to pick up and drop based on who's likely to be the strongest through the season. (Hence, stashing Gordon and McKinnon). So, that's kind of the angle I'm looking from. Thanks in advance!

charles might limp into the dolphin game. now I got screwed by benching marshall last week, but the fins have a good run defense and I doubt reid is gonna fully use charles especially with davis and gray ready to take carries. I also have better matchups from bradshaw, ridley, and pierce

Montee Ball vs the Seahawks

OR

Donald Brown vs the Bills

Ball has me a bit disappointed as he seems to have a low YPC average and they aren't using him like I thought. 99% of the time I would say Ball, but this is the exception. Seattle will more than likely eat up Denver and take Ball out of the equation. I know the passing defense is their strength, but Peyton still won't shy away from throwing the ball, and it will eventually lead to more passing as they fall further and further behind. Donald Brown will be the primary rusher and it has already been said on NFL.com that Danny Woodhead won't be stealing any carries. Brown should get 20 carries and this will be a big matchup with Buffalo that should lead to some good fantasy points for Brown. Go with Brown this week.

Hey, Jared. Since you offered, here's my roster. Any thoughts or suggestions? James Jones is available and I'm tempted to pick him up, but don't know who I'd drop for him.

QB - Andrew Luck

RB - Lesean McCoy

RB - Alfred Morris

WR - Roddy White

WR - Andrew Hawkins

FLEX - T.Y. Hilton

TE - Dennis Pitta

K - Justin Tucker

DEF - Patriots

BENCH

QB - Joe Flacce

RB - Deangelo Williams

RB - Jerick McKinnon

WR - Larry Fitzgerald

WR - Josh Gordon

TE - Larry Donnell

DEF - Bengals

EDIT: My strategy has always been to not pick up drop players based on a weekly matchup. I try to pick up and drop based on who's likely to be the strongest through the season. (Hence, stashing Gordon and McKinnon). So, that's kind of the angle I'm looking from. Thanks in advance!

Completely understand your strategy, it looks like you have a couple fantasy busts at WR and no real backup at rb or te. I may be too late for waiver wire stuff, but I'll try to help. Niles Paul is a short term player at TE that could be the difference between winning a week in Fantasy as Kirk Cousins looked to him week 2 after Jordan Reed was out. Owen Daniels is a more permanent guy, and yes, I know you have Pitta, but Daniels gets targets in the Red Zone and got favored a lot over Pitta. Either could be a backup TE over Donnell. At WR, I'd go for a guy like Brian Quck. Despite the QB situaton, he's really breaking out this year and should be even a decent matchup based starter at times based on what you have. Steve Smith Sr is another WR that's probably picked up but if he isn't you need to pick him up now. He is clearly Flacco's favorite Target and you can easily make him your best receiver with 10+ points a game. I know you'll hate this, but I would drop Josh Gordon for one of these guys. You have a bunch of WR's that are playing and will carry you already, Gordon may not do any good when he comes back anyway because he's rusty and out of shape and game shape.

As far as RB's go, I would pick up Khiry Robinson. He is a huge upgrade over Jerick McKinnon at this point and should have a solid month while Ingram is out. McKinnon, although it says will get carries, most likely will play second fiddle to Asiata, as Asiata has impressed last week and has been decent while Peterson didn't play. In fact, if Asiata is available, drop McKinnon for Asiata. The other person that could be a starter next week in the flex for you if you don't have him is knile davis. He is very comparable to Charles in Fantasy when he gets lots of carries and they use him like Charles so there's very little dropoff. Hurry up and pick him up now for McKinnon if you can. Finally, one last person is Donald Brown. He's a flex based starter for 6 weeks that you can use. He's not as good as Knile Davis, but he's someone very good that can make the difference between a win and loss with Mathews gone.

These are my suggestions, good luck with them!

Terrance West, Bobby Rainey, Roddy white. Pick 2

As long as Martin is out tonight, I take Rainey for sure. He had a huge week last week, and I can see the Bucs using him as their cornerstone this week to help defeat the Falcons. Can't sit Terrance West either. Guy has been huge and even though the Ravens have a good Def, the Browns will use him a ton to help battle the Ravens. Roddy just is off right now and I wouldn't trust him at all.

Whelp Rainey was a HORRIBLE play

Yes it was, I had no idea the Falcons offense and defense was that good. Rainey just fumbled and got beat up bad. In fact the whole bucs team was bad. White didn't play, so you had to start Rainey though in the one I answered. I just hope that you can still use Bradshaw and bell.

Jared Cisneros, on 19 Sept 2014 - 12:51 AM, said:

Yes it was, I had no idea the Falcons offense and defense was that good. Rainey just fumbled and got beat up bad. In fact the whole bucs team was bad. White didn't play, so you had to start Rainey though in the one I answered. I just hope that you can still use Bradshaw and bell.

:lol:

Their defense isn't good. And they always play well at home. Matt Ryan has one of the best W-L records at home since he's been in the league. Oh, and the Bucs suck.

:lol:

Their defense isn't good. And they always play well at home. Matt Ryan has one of the best W-L records at home since he's been in the league. Oh, and the Bucs suck.

I know they play well at home, but this wasn't a Matt Ryan question, it was a Bobby Rainey question and he had to start Rainey because White was out. Don't you have anything better to do other than troll on here?

Ahmad Bradshaw vs. Jags

OR

Terrence West vs. Ravens

As much as I love Terrance West right now, you cn't pass on this opportunity to start Bradshaw this week. The Colts should tear the Jags apart and Bradshaw will get a lot of fantasy points. While Terrance West is awesome, Crowell will get goal line carries, and the Ravens are a lot tougher than the Jags. Bradshaw is a solid no2 back IMO this week and I'd play him in this circumstance.

am I doing the right thing in benching charles? hes limping into the dolphin game who have done a good job in stopping the pats and bills running game. also my other backs bradshaw ridley and pierce all have much better matchups. im also concerned with knile davis stealing carries

am I doing the right thing in benching charles? hes limping into the dolphin game who have done a good job in stopping the pats and bills running game. also my other backs bradshaw ridley and pierce all have much better matchups. im also concerned with knile davis stealing carries

Charles and Knile Davis are going to be splitting carries most likely and Charles also won't be at 100%, so yes, I'd sit him this week with all your other rbs having good matchups. Charles might get a short td and 50 yards if he's lucky, but I see a very limited role for him this week. Stick with your 3 rbs that have good matchups and will have significant playing time.

Bradshaw or Bell for my 2nd rb. I'm using Martellus Bennett as my flex and Julius Thomas in te. Bennett had just been to good

T. West, AJ Green, A hurns. Pick two.

West is going against Baltimore, green is supposedly probable, and hurns is going to be the primary receiver with shorts, lee, and Lewis out.

I would use Terrance West and AJ Green here. Stick with the guys that you drafted higher. As long as AJ Green plays, you have to use him here. Terrance West will do really well again with Ben Tate out and he should get you some solid points. Hurns sounds like a great option, but I think Vontae Davis will shut him down tomorrow.