Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Burley to Seahawks for 6th round pick (merge)

CheezyColt

If the Seahawks call you for a defensive player, any defensive player... Then you should probably keep that player. IMHO

Ryan Freakin Grigson amd Chuck freakin Pagano. Clown show

I know, right. I mean 22-10 in their two years at the helm. I cannot believe they still have jobs.

just watch his play

I'm not saying the guy is good, but when you make statements about how a guy is horrible, at least quantify the statement. Show some stats, post a gif, hell just mention a couple plays where he gets burnt. Saying 'just watch his play' does nothing to make your case or convince people that your opinion is at all relevant. It is a cheap cop out, and just makes you sound like a condescending dick.

I'm not saying the guy is good, but when you make statements about how a guy is horrible, at least quantify the statement. Show some stats, post a gif, hell just mention a couple plays where he gets burnt. Saying 'just watch his play' does nothing to make your case or convince people that your opinion is at all relevant. It is a cheap cop out, and just makes you sound like a condescending dick.

he does keep getting cut for a reason.

And that reason is his play. Which you can see in all the preseason games

purifoy probably won over burley for his PR ability because their coverage skills were at par with each other

Burley is much faster than Purifoy. Purifoy is best suited outside but showed he lacked recovery speed when i watched him.

He sure tackles well and has toughness. Wish both well.

Burley is much faster than Purifoy. Purifoy is best suited outside but showed he lacked recovery speed when i watched him.

He sure tackles well and has toughness. Wish both well.

when your ceiling is being the 5th corner on the team then you have excel at other things specifically special teams

when your ceiling is being the 5th corner on the team then you have excel at other things specifically special teams

I like Seattle`s answer to that. As always i wish the rosters were more than 53. Burley looked good as a CB and they are very valuable.

More valuable than a punt returner.

I like Seattle`s answer to that. As always i wish the rosters were more than 53. Burley looked good as a CB and they are very valuable.

More valuable than a punt returner.

look at it this way, we get a 6th round pick for an udfa and burley gets playing time. both wins

100% agree. Us having extra draft picks... is the sky is falling? More more!! ;-)

Seattle defintely wanted him.

He has been on four teams in the last year They could have had him for nothing a few months ago. They must not have liked what they have for depth this preseason

I think I speak for everyone when I say it's refreshing to see the Colts trading for draft picks instead of trading them away. He seemed like a solid player too. Purifoy probably got the edge because of his return ability. In college his athleticism impressed his coach enough that they let him play offensive snaps. That probably made him more flexible in the long run

Yeah I didn't think they would have him in there that fast, but he did break up a pass with the time I saw him in there.

Wish we could have kept him and Purifoy, but again I say I can't argue with the draft pick we received.

Hopefully Purifoy becomes "Pure Fire" and not "Pure Farse".  I think he'll be okay

I feel we should of kept him around especially if he played slot for legion of boom. He could be really good one day and Grigs didnt realize that

I suspect we probably disagree on this............

But....

I don't think there are many (any?) things that fall under the category of......    "Grigson didn't realize this...."

Burley got some PT tonight for Seattle and looked decent, still would have traded him though, I didn't see us keeping more than one of the Purifoy/Burley combo, and I choose Purifoy.

And grigson did too. Btw, if butler goes down then I would imagine Gordy would replace him before burley would have.

Burley didn't even do anything except challenge a throw that Cobb should have easily been able to run under. He only played because someone got hurt.

Look, I hope he blows up for the Seahawks, but this guy spent his first two years as a PS player, and we were able to get a 6th for him, on cut day. If he winds up being the stock we sold too soon, that's too bad. But we still made a profit on him. (And again, it's doubtful that he winds up being anything other than a reserve nickel/dime man.)

Look at it like this if he was our worst CB and he's playing with the best D in the league our CB's must all be really good

He wasn't our worst corner but I think you are right our CB's can be really good. The health of Toler has a lot to do with that but Burley wasn't fixing that. Davis Toler Butler is a solid trio.

We couldn't keep both obviously Burley wasn't making it to the PS neither was Purifoy we got to pick who we wanted. I would imagine that was the one the coach's thought had the best chance playing on the outside one day and could do the most for the team while we find out that was an easy choice for anyone who watched the preseason.

We got a 6th for a player we were going to lose. Nice move Grigs.

I suspect we probably disagree on this............

But....

I don't think there are many (any?) things that fall under the category of...... "Grigson didn't realize this...."

There is no room for logic here. What, do you think Grigson signs players because he thinks they have potential or talent? Ridiculous.