Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos Waive John Boyett

dw49

Broncos are loaded in their secondary this year. John Boyett was actually good during the training camp. I am sure he will be out of market soon.

Exactly!  For no other reason except they are loaded.  Boyett can play, I watched him enough in the preseason to know

I wouldn't be surprised at all if picked up Boyett again.  He already is familiar with our scheme so it shouldn't take too long for him to get back up to speed on things.  I think he's a better talent than Colt Anderson I know that

I don't see it happening

You think Grigson has that big of an axe to Grind?  This is the same team that said bringing in Incognito is not off the table based on his past history.  Grigson always looks to see if the player has been willing to redeem himself which so far it looks like Boyett has.  Plus we already got to see if he can play in the NFL on someone elses' dime.

I don't think it will happen,  but I wish it would....

I thought he had a terrific hi-lite tape out of college.

I think he's paid a price and hopefully grown up.

I'd add this......   I'd feel much better about bringing him back if has gone to alcohol rehab for at least 30 days, if not longer.   I sure hope he's done that.   It would be better for him if he has.

But on pure talent alone,  I think he's worth bringing back.....

I watch a lot of the Ducks became my second favorite team behind the Irish after moving west.

I always thought Boyett would be a star in the NFL. If he could pull it together off the field. He had a few problems in  Eugene long before the issue in Indy,

You could imagine my excitement when Indy was the team to give him a shot. Then my disappointment.

If it was a crowded backfield I would say he could be a difference maker for us. If he is still doing dumb stuff he's not changing hasn't learned a thing stay away. 

Boyett didn't exactly have a graceful exit from Indy the last time he was in town. The Colts were awfully quick to push the eject button on him after that incident, so there may have been more than just the one reason for his quick departure. The NFL bone yard is full of guys who had skills but just couldn't get their "stuff" together off the field. 

Boyett didn't exactly have a graceful exit from Indy the last time he was in town. The Colts were awfully quick to push the eject button on him after that incident, so there may have been more than just the one reason for his quick departure. The NFL bone yard is full of guys who had skills but just couldn't get their "stuff" together off the field. 

Didn't the Colts have another off field issue that they chose to not address ? Then this one came along and maybe doing nothing with the first had a little to do with the quick action with Boyett ?