Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes Update

TKnight24

@KBowenColts: Pagano doesn’t think Khaled Holmes will be able to practice on Sunday or Monday. Goal is to get some snaps on Wednesday.

@HolderStephen: On conference call w Chuck Pagano. Doesn't anticipate Khaled Holmes practicing Sun/Mon. Day off Tues, so target date is Wednesday.

:colts:

The colts have to be the most stressful team when it comes to injuries. I'll never understand it. The day you become a colts fan, you should've got a letter from Jim Irsay saying

"Warning: Being a fan of this team is hazardous to your health"

:sick:

Harrison hasn't looked bad if Holmes isn't the answer I would rather find out now. Still don't understand why in the draft we get injured players too it has nothing to do with bad luck.

The injuries that Holmes suffered in college are different than what he's suffering from now.

All lineman are injured....   sometimes you can play with those injuries and sometimes you can't...

Holmes was fine until he got run over from behind in the Jets game.    I don't think that has anything to do with what happened to him in college....

The injuries that Holmes suffered in college are different than what he's suffering from now.

All lineman are injured.... sometimes you can play with those injuries and sometimes you can't...

Holmes was fine until he got run over from behind in the Jets game. I don't think that has anything to do with what happened to him in college....

Indeed. Different ankle

All lineman are injured.... sometimes you can play with those injuries and sometimes you can't...

Holmes was fine until he got run over from behind in the Jets game. I don't think that has anything to do with what happened to him in college....

Yeah I agree, what happened to him is far from injury prone. Guess biggest thing would be to try not to be under that pile to get rolled on like that. Easier said then done.

If he can't go on Sun or Mon, it's not promising that he'll be able to go at all this week.

At least, that's my read of things.....

Most guys would miss practice on Monday after a game. Usually, the day to worry about is Thursday, in a normal week. It's not normal, but I'm thinking that Wednesday will be the real breaking point.

I already said I don't expect him to play before Week 3, so it's no big to me either way.

All lineman are injured....   sometimes you can play with those injuries and sometimes you can't...

Holmes was fine until he got run over from behind in the Jets game.    I don't think that has anything to do with what happened to him in college....

I agree could've happened to anyone and realize it was his other ankle I am just saying some guys just always seem to be in the wrong place hope that's not the case with Holmes. Now it is looking like wk 1 has gone from all good to maybe...slow healer?

My post have been consistent in the  fact that if Holmes is what the coach's believe he is we are not in bad shape. We made it through without losing a starter if Holmes can make it back. Reitz was the biggest hit. Thomas you could see coming. Ulrich looked like a find but raw.

I still would bring in the best lineman I could find. If we were to bring in Aldon Smith you think there would be an outcry?

I worry about Mewhort holding up for 16 games his final yr in college was eerily similar to Holmes except he had a chronic knee injury.

I wonder about our attraction to guys with that history

Most guys would miss practice on Monday after a game. Usually, the day to worry about is Thursday, in a normal week. It's not normal, but I'm thinking that Wednesday will be the real breaking point.

I already said I don't expect him to play before Week 3, so it's no big to me either way.

I was expecting Holmes week 1.    Now, it sounds like that's probably not going to happen.

I hope Harrison can go week 1....   but I'm not sure how much hope to have their either....?

I worry about Mewhort holding up for 16 games his final yr in college was eerily similar to Holmes except he had a chronic knee injury.

I wonder about our attraction to guys with that history

I'm sorry,  I'm no following what you're talking about with regard to Mewhort....

I went to his bio page, and this is the first factoid listed....

"Competed in 49 career games with Ohio State and started 39 consecutive games to close his career."

What injury history did he have at Ohio State?     Looks like the guy played, and started,  all the time....

I'm sorry,  I'm no following what you're talking about with regard to Mewhort....

I went to his bio page, and this is the first factoid listed....

"Competed in 49 career games with Ohio State and started 39 consecutive games to close his career."

What injury history did he have at Ohio State?     Looks like the guy played, and started,  all the time....

Khaled played in all the games too. It's cool article shows his toughness and determination. I was kind of impressed until he had the knee scoped then started missing time.

I am assuming we can agree the NFL season is much longer and grueling.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/12/22/ohio-state-lineman-details-seasons-pain-endured-week-by-week.html

Khaled played in all the games too. It's cool article shows his toughness and determination. I was kind of impressed until he had the knee scoped then started missing time.

I am assuming we can agree the NFL season is much longer and grueling.

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2013/12/22/ohio-state-lineman-details-seasons-pain-endured-week-by-week.html

You make it sound like Jake Mewhort has a problem.    This is what almost all players -- especially lineman -- go through all the time.     College and Pros.     This is the life they live.     This isn't a Jack Mewhort problem,  that is the life for most everyone.

Here is the sub-headline of the article you linked....

"Nagging injuries, constant aches are part of price Jack Mewhort, teammates pay to play football"

It's right there in the headline....   "part of the price Mewhort, teammates pay to play football..."

Hope this helps.....

Oh,  and yes,  the NFL is much, much longer and much more brutal than the college game....

We made it through without losing a starter if Holmes can make it back. Reitz was the biggest hit. Thomas you could see coming.

Thomas would have started. He was the biggest loss. How did you know Thomas would get hurt again? Was it from all the nonsense of people reading in between the lines of every press release and interview in the off season? Not once did an official with the Colts say Thomas wouldn't come back from the injury, that was just nonsense here on the forums and somehow it now seems to be fact. If you remember right, the actual train of thought was he wouldn't even compete in training camp. It was all pure speculation and I'm not sure which I hate worse, losing Thomas for the year or the fact that he got hurt lends credence to some people about the pure speculation.

Harrison hasn't looked bad if Holmes isn't the answer I would rather find out now. Still don't understand why in the draft we get injured players too it has nothing to do with bad luck.

I'm pretty sure anyone would get hurt if they had a 300 pound person roll on their ankle.

You make it sound like Jake Mewhort has a problem.    This is what almost all players -- especially lineman -- go through all the time.     College and Pros.     This is the life they live.     This isn't a Jack Mewhort problem,  that is the life for most everyone.

Here is the sub-headline of the article you linked....

"Nagging injuries, constant aches are part of price Jack Mewhort, teammates pay to play football"

It's right there in the headline....   "part of the price Mewhort, teammates pay to play football..."

Hope this helps.....

Oh,  and yes,  the NFL is much, much longer and much more brutal than the college game....

I am aware of the article I am the one who sent you the link. 

All players hurt as in bumps, bruises, strains, cuts and worse accumulate over a season but this was more than just bumps and bruises it was a chronic knee injury that he fought through all year and resulted in a scope in June and missed time in the preseason already. I believe he had an MRI prior to the bowl game. He couldn't make it through entire games in college.

Gabe Jackson and Trai Thomas did not come in with a nagging  injury that required a scope and them to miss time already. Just like Holmes the year before. We seem to end up with a player with an injury history and then call it a curse when the same injury they had the yr before in college becomes a problem before they can play their first professional game. . 

Hope this helps.

I'm pretty sure anyone would get hurt if they had a 300 pound person roll on their ankle.

That is exactly what I said it would have happened to anyone. It isn't even the same ankle he hurt in USC, I also said I hope it isn't a pattern of being in the wrong place in the wrong time

All players hurt as in bumps, bruises, strains, cuts and worse accumulate over a season but this was more than just bumps and bruises it was a chronic knee injury that he fought through all year and resulted in a scope in June and missed time in the preseason already. I believe he had an MRI prior to the bowl game. He couldn't make it through entire games in college.

Gabe Jackson and Trai Thomas did not come in with a nagging  injury that required a scope and them to miss time already. Just like Holmes the year before. We seem to end up with a player with an injury history and then call it a curse when the same injury they had the yr before in college becomes a problem before they can play their first professional game. . 

Hope this helps.

As has been stated before,  Holmes' injury is not the same one he had in college.

As for Mewhort,  I don't think anyone -- other than you -- has described as chronic.

And when I say "I hope this helps"  I'm sincere and respectful.

If you think I'm somehow mocking you,  that's a complete misread.    I'm trying to explain things that you might not have considered.     That's all.

Thomas would have started. He was the biggest loss. How did you know Thomas would get hurt again? Was it from all the nonsense of people reading in between the lines of every press release and interview in the off season? Not once did an official with the Colts say Thomas wouldn't come back from the injury, that was just nonsense here on the forums and somehow it now seems to be fact. If you remember right, the actual train of thought was he wouldn't even compete in training camp. It was all pure speculation and I'm not sure which I hate worse, losing Thomas for the year or the fact that he got hurt lends credence to some people about the pure speculation.

I think some people may have just been reacting to the type of injury he had and maybe there was some speculation that 1)he came back too soon 2)the injury was quite severe. I don't know. I will say this, there are some guys who are just injury prone. Then there are guys who just seem to get minor injuries and you never hear about it because they play through it. But, for whatever reason there are some players who just get hurt a lot and miss a lot of time. Happens at every level not just college and NFL

Hope this helps.

Knee scopes are part of being a lineman. They aren't a big deal.

Yeah I agree, what happened to him is far from injury prone. Guess biggest thing would be to try not to be under that pile to get rolled on like that. Easier said then done.

He wasn`t under a pile. A dirty goon knocked him backwards late and away from the play. He was falling backwards just when another biggun on the ground came rolling up behind him. Terrible timing.

IMO our guys need to quit playing so clean and play all out to the whistle and a fraction beyond.

As has been stated before,  Holmes' injury is not the same one he had in college.

As for Mewhort,  I don't think anyone -- other than you -- has described as chronic.

And when I say "I hope this helps"  I'm sincere and respectful.

If you think I'm somehow mocking you,  that's a complete misread.    I'm trying to explain things that you might not have considered.     That's all.

It comes across as arrogant and all knowing I am sure you are smart enough to know that

Hope this helps

OK.....

We're done.      That's that.     Because, unfortunately,   you're NOT smart enough to know that.

Hope that helps.

We're done? You breaking up with me come on man I appreciate your insight but I can't be the only one you rub the wrong way with your hope that helps like you are all knowing.

We're done? You breaking up with me come on man I appreciate your insight but I can't be the only one you rub the wrong way with your hope that helps like you are all knowing.

I'm very well aware I rub a number of people the wrong way.

But when I explain to you that something that I write is meant respectfully and in an effort to help, and you tell me that I'm still a jerk....   then I don't wish to deal with you.

I'm never happy when I offend Colts fan here.    Ever.     But I'm aware that I do.    I try to do as best as I can, but sometimes that's not enough.

Sometimes it's me.    Sometimes it's them.    But life is too short for this Internet nonsense.   And that's what I've been dealing with for about an hour with posters getting on Shane Bond.

Too many posters here want to butt heads and fight....    sorry,  I'm not one of them.

But I am interested in fairness, and that's why I took up the Shane Bond cause....

I'm very well aware I rub a number of people the wrong way.

But when I explain to you that something that I write is meant respectfully and in an effort to help, and you tell me that I'm still a jerk....   then I don't wish to deal with you.

I'm never happy when I offend Colts fan here.    Ever.     But I'm aware that I do.    I try to do as best as I can, but sometimes that's not enough.

Sometimes it's me.    Sometimes it's them.    But life is too short for this Internet nonsense.   And that's what I've been dealing with for about an hour with posters getting on Shane Bond.

Too many posters here want to butt heads and fight....    sorry,  I'm not one of them.

But I am interested in fairness, and that's why I took up the Shane Bond cause....

I am one of the one's who has no interesting in fighting in fact I get sick of the fact that over half the threads go sideways into some stupid spitting match rather than the topic being discussed essentially blowing up the topic.

I have no idea what you are talking about with Shane Bond.

It is not unusual for people to have structurally weak areas of their bodies. Structurally weak right ankle with the same structural weakness in the left ankle. Bilateral symmetry.

So now he has genetically weak ankles? I think it's nothing more than having a 300 pounder roll up on you. It would happen to anyone